Question about Meal Service on Westbound Late evening departures !

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
This is a question for any crews that have worked these flights or anyone who has flown on them. The current meal cut off time is 8:00 PM both for First Class meals and BOB in coach. On the current schedules their is a PHX departure out of CLT and PHX/LAS/SEA departures out of PHL departing between 8:00 and 9:00PM. In the past flights in this time window served nothing but bevarages which to me is ludicruous but now on shares it's shows a meal code of M in First and on the website it has the word "meal". Curious as to what level of service this is, I would assume a scaled down Dinner service but since it does not say snack it has me wondering? It also shows BOB in coach which shows some logic for a flight of that length.

Thanks in advance for serious, not deragatory replies.

LGA777

I would guess it is a full dinner service. All Hot meal choices in F. And a full BOB menu in coach.

I worked CLT to SAT all last month, flight departed at 606pm, blocked at 3:14. NO meals offered in First, nor snack boxes available in coach. Its operated on a 319, West metal. I felt it was a disservice not to offer at least a snack item in first such as a half sandwich/side salad. The snack basket just doesnt make up for it at dinner time.

I will email my contact in catering to get your full answer.
Jet

M is what US seems to use for the 'lighter' meals, such as the service in between lunch and dinner hours that is served on PHX-eat coast routes. It's typically half a sandwich with a small salad ... or a pasta with a small amount of protein (such as chicken or salmon).

I flew on the 8:45PM PHL-LAS Monday night in F.

Choices were the parmesian pasta or a chicken quesedilla.

I heard them making announcements that BOB was available for Y as well.

I'm not sure if the pasta / quesedilla are the normal transcon dinner options or the aforementioned "lighter meal"...

USFlyer has it right. If it's the regular meal service it'll say Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner (B,L,D).

Jim