New Hawaii Service

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways - America West Merger Bankruptcy Court Filing (route map on page 6 with new Hawaii service, which appears to include LAX-HNL, SAN-HNL, PHX-LIH, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, and PHX-KOA service)

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways - America West Merger Bankruptcy Court Filing (route map on page 6 with new Hawaii service, which appears to include LAX-HNL, SAN-HNL, PHX-LIH, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, and PHX-KOA service)

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="273441"][/post]​

I think that it's LAS-HNL, not LAX-HNL.

But wow, what a good thing! United and AA fly an awful lot of people from the east coast to HI...basically sucking them out of USAirways territory.

bofie said:
I think that it's LAS-HNL, not LAX-HNL.

But wow, what a good thing! United and AA fly an awful lot of people from the east coast to HI...basically sucking them out of USAirways territory.
[post="273445"][/post]​

Yee Haw!!!

Been to HNL lately? It's nice to share the
beach with 1 million Japanese tourists and
American Rednecks who have saved
10 years to go there, but I'd rather go to
PUJ or SKB where you can still walk
the beach without seeing another person
for at least an hour.

HP is ginning up for the HI service. From comments on the HP forum here, it appears they'll use 3 ETOPS qualified 757's - at least to start. Supposedly crews have already been going thru overwater training.

Jim

BoeingBoy:

I believe with mainland to Hawaii service apparently operating from Phoenix, Las Vegas, and San Diego to Hawaii, it makes sense to crew this service with America West crews who are already based in two of the three mainland cities.

Hawaii service is low yield and B757s are probably the right product. The market will be important to the combined business enterprise due to FFP attraction, thus this service should become an important leisure market to regain/maintain passenger loyalty.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Spin, there are some great and empty beaches on the Big Island and on Kauai, you just gotta know where to look!

On Kauai, you actually can go to the Barking Sands Missle Range and use the beach there, provided that there isn't any high security things going on.

The Marriott Resort in Kauai is one my favorite resorts in the world. It's a beautiful resort located in a cove that has breathtaking views. edited by moderator

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I won't say whether or not some routes will work, but HNL-LAS? So far on that route is AQ, HA, TZ, and a charter company that uses OMNI Air DC10s and B757s. AQ has even eliminated some of their flights due to unprofitability. I am not saying that it won't work, but there is a lot of capacity already on that route. HA has 2 B767-300s, TZ has a B757-300, AQ has a 737-700, and OMNI uses their DC10 and B757. Just my thoughts.........

Why is PIT-SEA/SAN still on there? I thought those routes got axed?

PHL-PDX and some other west coast cities should be started with A319s, unless of course they have given too many back...

Will 757 service to Hawaii be reconfigured to the US seat layout?

And what's up with the outright lie in the filing? "Accordingly, the Debtors now intend to emerge from these Chapter 11 proceedings in combination with America West Holdings Corporation (“America Westâ€￾) as a well-capitalized low cost airline positioned to compete in this challenging new market environment."

Low Cost.... :lol:

coolflyingfool said:
I won't say whether or not some routes will work, but HNL-LAS? So far on that route is AQ, HA, TZ, and a charter company that uses OMNI Air DC10s and B757s. AQ has even eliminated some of their flights due to unprofitability. I am not saying that it won't work, but there is a lot of capacity already on that route. HA has 2 B767-300s, TZ has a B757-300, AQ has a 737-700, and OMNI uses their DC10 and B757. Just my thoughts.........
[post="273504"][/post]​

Good point. However, which of the airlines you cited have hubs at LAS to feed the HNL service?

With the eventual addition of more widebodies, could we see PHL-HNL? A pilot I know that flies for CO says that their EWR-HNL service on their 767-400's is a top performer, given its the only East coast to Hawaii nonstop.

And/or, could we see more flights on the newly merged U flying from select Euro cities to PHX and/or LAS?

PHL said:
With the eventual addition of more widebodies, could we see PHL-HNL? A pilot I know that flies for CO says that their EWR-HNL service on their 767-400's is a top performer, given its the only East coast to Hawaii nonstop.

And/or, could we see more flights on the newly merged U flying from select Euro cities to PHX and/or LAS?
[post="273551"][/post]​
doesnt aa fly jfk-hnl and may be delta fly atl-hnl using the 767-400? also could us deploy a-321s to hawaii from say phl-phx=hnl or something?