Us Airways Orders Overtime

AP -

I couldn't agree more. They have known that there was going to be a transition of flights from express to mainline (so technically we aren't adding 50 flights a day), why didn't anyone plan for it. I realize that the flood of retirements compounded the shortage, but there should have been a plan in place prior to the day before the new schedule starts.

I wonder how they are doing in FLL? Do they have the employees they need for the start of all the new service this week?

Was any thought put into this expansion program...

Thought, you bet! Screw the employees, Screw the employees, Screw the employees, Screw the employees, Screw the employees, Screw the employees...

MarkMyWords said:
AP -

I couldn't agree more. They have known that there was going to be a transition of flights from express to mainline (so technically we aren't adding 50 flights a day), why didn't anyone plan for it. I realize that the flood of retirements compounded the shortage, but there should have been a plan in place prior to the day before the new schedule starts.

I wonder how they are doing in FLL? Do they have the employees they need for the start of all the new service this week?
[post="245105"][/post]​
they filled 12 mechanic slots last week and added 21 more this week....also they are eliminating MIA at the same time they ramp up FLL...

IMHO February is going to be a bloody month out of DC, seeing as how US is adding all these flights and FlyI has been really cutting fares recently. Not to mention US had their 'burn the furniture' sale last month, ensuring future bookings would be at some nice low yields.

MarkMyWords said:
Dell -

What is the effective date for the FLL start up for MTC?
[post="245124"][/post]​
i'm not sure......usually you report for duty in the neighborhood of 2 weeks , give or take.....
the transformation plan sheet just indicates a simultaneous reduction at MIA and FLL to open at same time.... no date specified....

I haven't heard of a start date in FLL either...but I do know of at least one mechanic in CLT whom bid for FLL and got it. He figured his number was just about up in CLT....so it was an act of seeking sanctuary closer to his origonal home.

Thanks.

Anyone know if they have the Ramp and Customer Service staff in place for start up of the new service?

Any word on how they will handle the movement of airplanes and people between the International Arrivals area and our Domestic gates? Will we be allowed to connect customers in the international terminal or will we have to repo airplanes and people?

To show you how these people are last night they realized this new schedule starts Sunday night NOT MONDAY which is the effective date of our new bid. So last night was asking people to voluntary adjust their schedules to accomodate the new flights. Approx 23 flights will now leave around 2305. Most of the ramp (full time) gets off at 2230 or 2300& they just figured this out. Give me a break. They said if we didn't adjust we would probably just be mandatory. I know of know one who adjusted.

usfliboi said:
Geez louis , Id be happy too. Sign me up. You need to learn how to be a team player. You see louise, I was raised by Piedmont airlines, when things like the above happened often, but no big deal. Why you ask? Because we worked as a team, and comments and attitudes like yours, was far and few between!
[post="245049"][/post]​

Hold right there I was raised piedmont too and although I was a team player....

The game has changed and I will tell you this I'm tired of being on the loosing team and this management doesn't treat us the same way piedmont did so take that ole piedmont crap and put in that memory box because it long gone.

Doc said:
Hold right there I was raised piedmont too and although I was a team player....

The game has changed and I will tell you this I'm tired of being on the loosing team and this management doesn't treat us the same way piedmont did so take that ole piedmont crap and put in that memory box because it long gone.
[post="245231"][/post]​

You are absolutely right!! This management unfortunately considers us liabilities.

usfliboi said:
Geez louis , Id be happy too. Sign me up. You need to learn how to be a team player. You see louise, I was raised by Piedmont airlines, when things like the above happened often, but no big deal. Why you ask? Because we worked as a team, and comments and attitudes like yours, was far and few between!
[post="245049"][/post]​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I was PI Blue thru and thru, and loved it - it was the best professional experience of my life.

I never recalled them trying to make me their b&%$h.

On another thought, I thought the IAM had an arbitration case that stated only emergency situations justified mandatory ot, not known conditions such as staffing.

One of our just recalled agents (downgraded from Supv) is going to FLL part time as is one of the agents who took a voluntary from TPA about a year ago. Also one of the ramp agents is transferring there.

Regarding DCA- If they cant hire new people, have they bothered to ask the part timers about UPGRADING permanently instead of forcing mandatory on people? I'm sure all those FORCED to cover for inadequate staffing again will be thrilled to change their entire life because no one was smart enough to see this coming. Wouldnt it make more sense to get some people who know what they are doing in there to help with all the new flights. I know they may be making more than newbies would, but again they are looking at the payscale and not the total ops with qualified people knowing what they are doing vs all newbies and the expense associated with their learning curve.

Our manager finally realized last week (duh), that once the EO people are gone, none of us downgraded are going to take the Step 1 replacement offer so he is going to hire new. Guess who is going to all end up on the same shift eventually because no one is going to want to babysit an entire newbie front line at the counter? Good luck to the new hires.

Latest posts