Us Airways Orders Overtime

Funny,

If they can pass the background and drug test, after they work a few days in the cold, they quit.

And if this guy and his friend think that US Airwyas is a good place to work......neither one of them would pass the drug test to begin with! LOL

I figured that they would start all this mandatory crap after they capped ot at time and a half.

I would be interested to see what happens to anyone who declines the mandatory overtime. Per the CWA contract it states...

Mandatory overtime may occassionally become necessary as a result of irregular operations or unusual events.

I'd like to know how a schedule change known about for several months constitutes either of these qualifications?

tadjr said:
Regarding DCA- If they cant hire new people, have they bothered to ask the part timers about UPGRADING permanently instead of forcing mandatory on people? I'm sure all those FORCED to cover for inadequate staffing again will be thrilled to change their entire life because no one was smart enough to see this coming. Wouldnt it make more sense to get some people who know what they are doing in there to help with all the new flights. I know they may be making more than newbies would, but again they are looking at the payscale and not the total ops with qualified people knowing what they are doing vs all newbies and the expense associated with their learning curve.

[post="245280"][/post]​

Tad... I think They have already gone thru all the part-timers.... seems they are getting some of the express people since they are furloughing (EMB taking express slots).... DCA is a hellhole to work in...much like PHL.... athought we actually accomplish alot with what we have to work with and in spite of local mangement and the CCY ilkes across the street.....

700UW said:
Funny,

If they can pass the background and drug test, after they work a few days in the cold, they quit.
[post="245393"][/post]​
Not to mention, tell them they have wed/thurs off :D and like it :up:

MarkMyWords said:
And if this guy and his friend think that US Airwyas is a good place to work......neither one of them would pass the drug test to begin with! LOL
[post="245404"][/post]​
:up: :up: :up: Good One!!!

fatherof2 said:
Not to mention, tell them they have wed/thurs off :D and like it :up:
[post="245564"][/post]​

Or the best shift I've seen in a while. Mo/Tu off 10pm-2am!!! Last flight from PHL so bring your pajamas and have a slumber party. Not only do you get a crappy 4 hour shift, but s*ck days off to boot! :rolleyes: