US Airways Pilots Labor Thread 4/15-4/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh..OK; just for starters..how many 60+ year old pilots that flew in Vnam do you currently have flying Airbii at AWA?..Ummm...ANY?. Now: How many of "those" are entirely clueless about the logistics within USN flight training during the last phases of the war? Shall we continue? Just go back and read all the consummate horse-hockey this person was pathetically attempting to "sell", versus the observations made by people that actually knew....and then get back to us all here. Until then? = Spare me any more pleasant hot-air zephyrs from the balmy desert...and I do mean "balmy".

All of that crap you just stated still does not add up to concrete proof. No wonder you don't understand the concept of final and binding arbitration, you can't conceptualize proof. By the way, I just flew with a guy who fits your description above but he doesn't do web boards so he can't be NLC. Also, I don't necessarily support NLC, I just insist that you actually support your statement when you libel an individual.

I am impressed that you are using fewer and fewer words these days to actually say nothing.

You may feel that way, but so far the government of the United States thinks otherwise, as do two thirds of USAirways pilots, and that airline company headquartered on W. Rio Salado Parkway in Tempe.
That is the very reason a federal courthouse is going to to decide if USAPA will remain in it's present form. I seriously doubt that it will be status quo. USAPA will be neutered if found guilty of their duty of fair representation.

That is the very reason a federal courthouse is going to to decide if USAPA will remain in it's present form. I seriously doubt that it will be status quo. USAPA will be neutered if found guilty of their duty of fair representation.

Fair enough. Maybe.

But that does not change on whit the error of your original premise that there is no union.

Fair enough. Maybe.

But that does not change on whit the error of your original premise that there is no union.

There is no union that is effective.
There is no union that isn't laughed at.
There is no union that is taken seriously.
There is no union that is in any way "unified"

By NMB definition only: sure. There is a "union" here. Happy?

Fair enough. Maybe.
USAPA was formed to cheat a process. It is an association with a foundation of lies and deception. I would not call it a union.

2) USS Kittyhawk...and rotsa' ruck with attempting any "proof" that I and others are "in error" here.

PS: "INTEGRITY MATTERS!!" ;)

I did not say I would offer proof, only that I would point out that a false assumption could have been made.

So, I did not want to turn this into a Nice landing captain thread, but I reread the relevant posts, the first incorrect assumption is that he had to be under 60. We had pilots in the training department, some former line captains, who easily could have done what NLC said he did.

There is also the possibility that he narrowly missed the age sixty cutoff, and could have feasibly graduated from the Naval academy in as early as '69. He never claimed to be an academy graduate, I am just throwing that out there. Wether or not he could make it from the academy to the Kitty Hawk in 3 years, I do not know.

What I do know is that if you are correct and NLC feigned his experience, it is in no way is a reflection on the West group as a whole. However, if he ever offers his identity and proves himself, you will look rather obtuse.

PS: IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES.

One's participation or lack there-of in military operations is not germane to the present conflict between the West group and the East.

However I will submit that it has become very important for some poster(s) to belittle/degrade/castigate other poster(s) in a meager/sophomoric/useless attempt to provide more credence to their own increasingly eroded DOH/"usapa rules" stance.

I will also submit that some posters are basing their judgment, or "proof," upon "occurences" that apparently are only allowed to strictly follow their own life's experiences.

A couple of examples, obviously not considered previously:

Does every student who graduates university take the requisite 16 years to achieve that result?
Has every sailor entered combat as a commissioned officer or as a designated Naval Aviator?
Does each Naval Aviator spend his entire career upon one and only one carrier?

Some time back, Mr. eastus wrote that he was going to let go of his fixation with this matter. He either forgot about that little "promise," or he is not a man of his word.

It matters not.

When the dust settles on this conflict, we will see who is standing tall, and who has to retreat in defeat. That is what matters.

There is no union that is effective.
There is no union that isn't laughed at.
There is no union that is taken seriously.
There is no union that is in any way "unified"

Your opinion only applies to a minority of pilots. (Guess who that is.)

I suppose it's a bit of karma. The America West pilots were not taken seriously and were laughed at by the rest of the airline pilots in this country for decades.

I suppose it's a bit of karma. The America West pilots were not taken seriously and were laughed at by the rest of the airline pilots in this country for decades.

Double dutch karma back atcha - you don't want to know what "the rest of the airline pilots" think - and have thought for decades - about the US Airways-East pilots. Let's just say it ain't pretty.

Really. Well being that the company was barely 2 decades old when it purchased the defunct USAirways, can you elaborate on what the airline pilots of this country found so funny.

I fail to see what the pilots at ATA, Airtran, Alaska, Braniff, Comair, Vanguard, National, Morris, Frontier et al would find so amusing. Perhaps you mean that the ALPA elite, United, Delta, Northwest arrogantly found AWA humorous. In any event, those of the former USAir, certainly had nothing to luagh about.

The ironic thing is who is laughing now ( LCC upper management, almost exclusively ex-AWA), and who they are laughing at ( you, me and especially USAPA).

Unfortunately it's smug, egocentric comments from persons such as yourself that do cause the East pilots to lose credibility with their peers at large.

Your are also wrong about the minority of pilots. There is an emerging ground swell of discontent with the status quo among the ranks of the East pilots. Many are tired of living under the LOA 93 travesty with no new contract on the horizon. "My Seniority Is Not For Sale" has cost every pilot at USAirways a considerable sum of money that will likely never be recovered.

When was the last time you said you were proud to work for USAirways? Even when you were making the big bucks under parity plus 1% I'll bet you never puffed out your chest and said "Why yes, I am a proud employee of USAirways..."

At least you use better syntax and fewer words than East US to say absolutely nothing....

Unfortunately it's smug, egocentric comments from persons such as yourself that do cause the East pilots to lose credibility with their peers at large.

Your are also wrong about the minority of pilots. There is an emerging ground swell of discontent with the status quo among the ranks of the East pilots. Many are tired of living under the LOA 93 travesty with no new contract on the horizon. "My Seniority Is Not For Sale" has cost every pilot at USAirways a considerable sum of money that will likely never be recovered.

When was the last time you said you were proud to work for USAirways? Even when you were making the big bucks under parity plus 1% I'll bet you never puffed out your chest and said "Why yes, I am a proud employee of USAirways..."

At least you use better syntax and fewer words than East US to say absolutely nothing....

If it's absolutely nothing, then why the verbose reply? An awful lot of words to respond to "nothing," wouldn't you say?

You are correct that I have never once been proud to work for USAir(ways.) In fact, in the 1970s when I was looking for airline work Allegheny/USAir was the only carrier to which I did not send an application or resume.

Some time back, Mr. eastus wrote that he was going to let go of his fixation with this matter. He either forgot about that little "promise," or he is not a man of his word.

Judging by the actions of the majority of easties I would wager he's not a man of his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back