US Pilots Labor Thread 3/25-4/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are wrong. I don't wish to take from anyone. And I don't expect to be made whole. But I do expect some consideration for my years across company lines in a merger.

Not wrong, just the difference between intent and effect. If you get DOH you will take from someone - that's effect - regardless of whether you wish to - that's intent.

You're getting that consideration - it's called the seniority those years got you. If you get more seniority than you otherwise had because more people are added below you than above you, someone has to pay the price by losing seniority because more people are added above them than below them. It's a zero sum game - one person can't be higher on the combined list than their separate list unless someone on the other side is lower on the combined list than their individual list. Moving up has a name - more seniority. Likewise moving down is called losing seniority.

Or let me go even one better. I will accept the Nic with the same C&R's which USAPA offered to the west. IOW, fence off the east bases, same language, just substitute PHL, CLT et al for PHX and LAS.

I'll give you credit - no one else (at least posting here) has been willing to accept that. but you've always been one of the more rational thinkers in this neck of the woods.

Jim

The answer to that is simple.

I won't happen. As time moves forward it is apparent that any resolution of the seniority issue will cause "safety issues" on the flight deck.

Whoever "wins" won't win a thing. Parker will be forced to split the operation and someone will buy either east or west or pieces of each.

There are very valid safety reasons for keeping the pilot groups separate. I think that will be the eventual outcome regardless of how the seniority list looks.
Once again the safety card is thrown.

Why is that when things are not going your way it is always a “safety issueâ€￾?

Fuel school. Safety issue.

Cactus call sign. Safety issue

West crew room. Safety issue

Seniority. Safety and moral issue.

I don’t want to bring up the safety record. But maybe it would be a good idea to concentrate on what really is a safety issue. My concern is mid May after the trial. That is going to be a safety issue. Distraction and depression could be very dangerous.

Just who and how is Parker going to be "forced" to split the operations. Just who is going to buy the pieces? Who has any money at this time to buy the pieces?

It is very simple. Fly your trip as assigned or find another job.

US Airways Rejects Pilots' Proposed NMB-Facilitated Talks
Rome burns as Doug plays the fiddle, guess the pilots will never learn.

The east is not yet eligible for section six. Why would the company even consider mediated discussions at this time. Heck they are not even obligated to be at the table. (Unless you reference the transition agreement but USAPA has a schizophrenic relationship with that document.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts