A319 US1522 from DEN diverted after 3 F/As fall ill

Just remember EVERYTHING that goes wrong at US Airways is the fault of the free loading Frequent Flyers. I mean everybody knows we want everything for nothing.

Frequent Flyers? Do we really have any of those left? What's wrong with them? Are they not paying attention, or are they simply masochists?

I think that pesticide spray they use has been reformulated by Tempe to work on Chairman's Preferreds. Obviously those flight attendants got too close to the applicator.

I seriously hope they have recovered. Does anyone know yet?

My bet is on the insecticide spray. Have heard other F/A's complaining about the airbus after spraying.

As for hijacking the thread, if I thought for one minute of one day those folks were in any way seriously injured do you really think I crack wise about it?

You are making a large assumption that they were not potentially seriously ill. How often do you hear of an entire cabin crew getting sick, the plane making an unscheduled landing, the entire cabin crew going to the hospital and replacements flown in to replace the entire cabin crew? Obviously the Captain thought the problems serious enough to decide to incur thousands of dollars in expenses to make an unscheduled landing (requiring more fuel to get back to altitude), make everyone on the plane late, have them all taken to the hospital and having them all replaced in a location without any flight attendants on standby. Plus, it is likely a plane in CLT had to be re-routed or cancelled.

From my perspective there is nothing in the initially posted facts to make an assumption that this was a minor incident. It may turn out that way, but to assume that isn't, IMO, smart.

From my perspective there is nothing in the initially posted facts to make an assumption that this was a minor incident. It may turn out that way, but to assume that isn't, IMO, smart.
Shouldn't we have heard something from the union if it was serious?

Shouldn't we have heard something from the union if it was serious?
Are you kidding. This group in the union can't even tell you who is running for an election when it's YOUR vote that put them there. Don't expect anything from them as they can't form any kind of communication regardless of it being our business or not. I have my very own list of my MOST favorite flight attendants large enough to staff a A330 and drop over. Seriously I do hope all of those flight attendants are ok.

Bob:

For someone who consistently claims to care and be concerned for the hired help, why did you feel it necessary to attempt to hijack the thread to discuss Gin & Tonics and Customer Service issues? If there was something in this topic that I missed that was related, please feel free to enlighten me.

Now, back on topic. Has anyone heard any factual update on the crew and/or what possibly caused this incident?

Yeah, they were faking it. They knew they were going to get tagged in the next city.

[quote name='PO'ed PHX Ramper' post='535321' date='Oct 16 2007, 11:09 PM']Yeah, they were faking it. They knew they were going to get tagged in the next city.[/quote]

these are your favorite (East) F/a's, hence, how could you say they are faking it? Again, you know it all, may be you should apply for a leadership postion?

To my knowledge; THERE IS NO TAGGING for the east f/aS, IT IS ONLY YOUR HATED WEST F/AS ARE TAGGED. Wrong again, mr. know it all!!!!! :down:

For anyone concerned, I saw that one of the flight attendants is being shown as available for tomorrow. I assume that means she is ok.

A similar incident happened to me on the airbus a few years back. Two of us were stuck out west for four days on oxygen. For us, it felt like our throats were tightening up and we were having a hard time breathing. Cause came back that we were exposed to a foreign chemical. After three days in the hospital and on continuous oxygen, we were released and flown back home in first class.

For anyone concerned, I saw that one of the flight attendants is being shown as available for tomorrow. I assume that means she is ok.

A similar incident happened to me on the airbus a few years back. Two of us were stuck out west for four days on oxygen. For us, it felt like our throats were tightening up and we were having a hard time breathing. Cause came back that we were exposed to a foreign chemical. After three days in the hospital and on continuous oxygen, we were released and flown back home in first class.

Thank you for the update. If you hear any more I would be interested in hearing it.

I can tell you that I am very sensitive to the fumes of nail polish remover. There was a flight about five years ago where a passenger started using it in flight and I was to her seat very fast. This person actually argued with me when I told her to put it away and I politely made sure that she understood this wasn't a request, but that I was directing her to put it away. She wasn't happy and gave me the usual line that she was going to write a letter and I said fine, because that letter will prove that I am doing my job. As she finished her snit fit, a passenger behind her identified herself as a physician and informed Ms. Nail Polish Remover that using a substance such as that in a closed environment is very, very unhealthy.

I never did see or hear of any letter arriving.....

Thank you for the update. If you hear any more I would be interested in hearing it.

I can tell you that I am very sensitive to the fumes of nail polish remover. There was a flight about five years ago where a passenger started using it in flight and I was to her seat very fast. This person actually argued with me when I told her to put it away and I politely made sure that she understood this wasn't a request, but that I was directing her to put it away. She wasn't happy and gave me the usual line that she was going to write a letter and I said fine, because that letter will prove that I am doing my job. As she finished her snit fit, a passenger behind her identified herself as a physician and informed Ms. Nail Polish Remover that using a substance such as that in a closed environment is very, very unhealthy.

I never did see or hear of any letter arriving.....

*removed*

I'm not sure what your point was, but I was in the aisle, about three rows away, when the incident I wrote of happened.

This also happened to my crew in 1989 when we flew a 757 that we just got from Eastern. It was a piece of crap and the fuselage had a crack in it. We had a slow decompression so all five F/As got hypoxemia and hypoxia. The pilots were fine since they have a separate oxygen system. All passengers as well as the two check-riding supervisors were fine. The oxygen masks also malfunctioned and never came down. We landed, went to the hospital, and stayed for 48 hours.

Latest posts