Us Airways Says Woes Increasing, Cites Fuel

Yep, I'm sure it is getting worse, Outrageous fuel cost and total incompetance running the show.. All the more reason the judge should replace existing management with people that know a radome from a tailcone.

Maybe GWB can do a little something to ease the Fuel costs for everyone in this Country already. Let some of the reserves out to bring down the price until things ease up a bit. Everytime someone in the Middle East Farts, the price of Oil increases... Just in time for the Winter Heating Oil too, what a shocker. First it goes up just in time for the Summer driving season, then it slacks off until Winter is upon us. And People are always complaining about the price of an Airline ticket,
Go Figure....

wings396 said:
Maybe GWB can do a little something to ease the Fuel costs for everyone in this Country already. Let some of the reserves out to bring down the price until things ease up a bit. Everytime someone in the Middle East Farts, the price of Oil increases... Just in time for the Winter Heating Oil too, what a shocker. First it goes up just in time for the Summer driving season, then it slacks off until Winter is upon us. And People are always complaining about the price of an Airline ticket,
Go Figure....
[post="188565"][/post]​

That is not what the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is for. It is supposed to be used only in the event of a disruption in the oil supply such as war or OPEC turning on us.

It's not an oil field, so every barrel of it we burn is one less barrel to use in the future when we really need it. $50 a barrel is high but it's not crippling.

wings396 said:
Go Figure....
[post="188565"][/post]​
yeah right gwb dont have the guts to help with the oil prices! he is only allowing the atsb to extend the usair loan until after the elections to see if he can win pa. no politician would come to the aid of lowering oil/fuel prices. of course people will complain any way about anything and everything

Bottom line is when fuel goes up, ticket prices should go up.

I am sorry, but I don't want my paycheck subsidizing ticket prices.

Oil companies raise gas prices, why can't airlines?

Just remember that the spike in oil prices is not going to help either aviation fuel prices or gasoline prices. The SPR is unrefined crude oil, not gasoline and not Jet-A. The refineries which produce auto gas and Jet-A are already operating at 100% capacity and additional unrefined oil is not going to alleviate that problem.

More refineries have to be built, I believe there has not one been built in years and they have shut down many of them.

I thought it was the Hurricanes in the Gulf that was the cause of this current disruption in oil supplies.

robbedagain said:
yeah right gwb dont have the guts to help with the oil prices! he is only allowing the atsb to extend the usair loan until after the elections to see if he can win pa. no politician would come to the aid of lowering oil/fuel prices. of course people will complain any way about anything and everything
[post="188571"][/post]​

The President cannot just make special oil prices for someone he likes. Especially for an airline teetering on liquidation, one travel agents are warning all passengers against, and one with so many problems it seems to be doomed.

That would be insanity.

Oil prices are going through the roof.

The President cannot decide what oil prices are going to be, and decide some people pay less.

Stuff happens!

The airline employees wanted a union. They voted, through the union they wanted.. They decided their fate.

The rest of America cannot be held accountable for bad choices, no matter how sad the outcome.

If I monkey up my future with bad investment choices, I cannot ask my government to wipe it all out and give me my money back because I've changed my mind and decided my initial actions weren't so bright.

Trip Confirmed said:
The President cannot just make special oil prices for someone he likes. Especially for an airline teetering on liquidation, one travel agents are warning all passengers against, and one with so many problems it seems to be doomed.

That would be insanity.
Oil prices are going through the roof.
The President cannot decide what oil prices are going to be, and decide some people pay less.
Stuff happens!
The airline employees wanted a union. They voted, through the union they wanted.. They decided their fate.

The rest of America cannot be held accountable for bad choices, no matter how sad the outcome.

[post="188593"][/post]​

What are you on about? Are you blaming unions for high oil prices? :blink:

Remember too, the filing today stating the company's "dismal, financial outlook" due to the increase in fuel prices is probably meant to enhance their case in court tomorrow.

700UW said:

[post="188579"][/post]​

That's because oil companies sell oil and airlines sell transportation. The airlines can't raise ticket prices because the competition is too great or the fare is already at its revenue maximum (depending on the market).

Because there are too many airlines and some need to go out of business.