US Airways Seeks Court Approval to End Pacts With Two Unions

----------------
On 8/27/2002 12:31:17 AM

I think we truely can be replaced....but at what
cost to the company and the customer....? Is he willing to take that chance...? It would make us seem even more unstable from a consumers perspective...
----------------
Think about this...now (the fall) is the PERFECT time to try to do this, since business is traditionally very slow until the Thanksgiving holiday. This management team seems to be VERY well prepared. I can tell that planning has been involved in this entire undertaking. Now, with US in bankruptcy, Dave can pretty much have his way; make no mistake, he'll get it. The best thing to do now is try to minimize losses by truly negotiating and getting an agreement you can live with.

I suppose I'm navie, but why didn't the company just ask all groups (labor and management) to pony up the same amount 10% or 20% pay cuts. I think everyone would want find that "fair". The why and how they came up with the numbers they did has never been explained. I've seen the whole pie idea but where did the numbers come from?

Sad but true - We all firmly believe that we provide some of the best levels of customer service in the industry and that the company relaizes that and does not want to sacrifice that high level of service by replacing us with lesser paid "new people" WRONG!!!!
With the announcement of the new non-refundable policies and the mileage accrual policies for our US1,2,and 3 passengers, sure seems as if they are not all that concerned with satisfing the needs of some of our most important customers.....
Holy @!*^ Batman, I think we are in TROUBLE!

Reality Check is absolutely correct.

The CWA can and will disprove all the company's arguements period. They will prove to the court that U has been bargaining in extremely bad faith, always intended to just fire us all, and is only attempting to bust a union here. The judge will not comply with the requests by U. What they will do is void all labor contracts period. But when it comes time to ante up, CWA will not likely give more than what the company asks and actually stands a good chance at paying less. The fact is this, when all contracts are voided, the judge will set cuts for each group. He will not be giving one group raises while others get cuts, he will not take a huge percentage from CWA while only a few percent from AFA etc etc etc. So, with all the "givebacks" taken away by the judge, that goes toward the necessary savings goal meaning we won't have to give as much as the company has been demanding of us. But, I tend to think that the judge will likely just figure a set percentage for everyone to be cut period. No givebacks, no raises, no stock, no profit sharing, no million dollar retirement bonus, no 5% annual cash payment, just a set cut. When and if the company comes out of BK, they will have to renegotiate all the contracts simultaneously. I don't envy the company when they have to sit across from CWA. CWA will have their day, now or later, and the company will feel like the ones getting the shaft. I'll definetely be smiling that day.

Its sad that most of these post are all based on rumors and very very few facts ! There are very few of the rumors that are on here in writing ANYWHERE! I think we should all with hold judgement till the chicken actually delivers the eggs... They are hatched already according to some of these post wow the rumor mill has really divided you guys! Let the chicken relax and hatch her own eggs for a change and then and only then can u say its a boy or a girl [:bigsmile:]