Us Airways Special Bulletin

USA320Pilot said:
All US Airways/US Airways Express Employees

Please Post ... Special Bulletin

[post="263422"][/post]​

Ya know 320, the post referred to a bulletin board, not a message board. If management wated that on the internet I am sure they could have figured out how to post it themselves.

IMO DR. Bronner was only waiting for someone he felt could not just run the company, but mend labor relations and move this operation forward.. Before investing any further RSA funds... Mr Parker is just that type of person.

Being as anything AWA related would have TPG involved, that meant that Gordon Bethune was out of the picture, and that leaves the sole remaining bright spot in recent major airline CEO's as Mr. Parker.

Because it could be the smartest deal ever, with ample financial backing and support... And still fail if the right leadership is not in place.

A well Run combination of US and AW would be a sharp company

One thing that I must disagree with A320 upon is the need for a midcontinent hub. It is old school thinking. I can tell you that the region has a number of decent markets that would be great for direct flights to our focus cities, and connecting flights into a PHX, PHL, or CLT hub.

OMA for example, would support a E-170 to either LGA or DCA, and to CLT and PHX. But to connect to STL or DEN would compete with the more numerous connections from ORD, DFW, and MSP. (Not to mention the established carriers in DEN and STL)

No, the best use of, and competitive advantage is to bypass the fun, games, and cost of a place like ORD, and travel direct instead.

If we have to hub, we should only do it where we are strong, and where we can provide something of value. PHX is great for the west Coast and Rockies domestically, and Central and Southern America Internationally. CLT is best for the Southeastern US and Carribean

FWAAA said:
If you tie two sinking ships together, do they float that much longer?
[post="263434"][/post]​

At least HP was able to squeeze out a $30+ mil 1Q profit, high fuel costs and all.
Why Parker would want to get tangled up with Terry Schaivo Airways in ANY way, shape, or form is beyond me...

mga707 said:
At least HP was able to squeeze out a $30+ mil 1Q profit, high fuel costs and all.
Why Parker would want to get tangled up with Terry Schaivo Airways in ANY way, shape, or form is beyond me...
[post="263530"][/post]​

This last comment needs to be removed from the boards immediately. mga707, you are a self righteous bastard.

IMO DR. Bronner was only waiting for someone he felt could not just run the company, but mend labor relations and move this operation forward..
yeah...right .....i got this peacefull uneasy feeling about PITMTC and outsourcing....LPP'S included.....AWA likes the vendor route.........its going to factor in....no doubt...........
wha'd elvis say???
return to vendor??

ISP said:
This last comment needs to be removed from the boards immediately.  mga707, you are a self righteous bastard.
[post="263533"][/post]​

Someone REALLY needs to lighten up. Who are you, Tom DeLay? You mean US isn't brain dead but with feeding tube (which seems to mostly extend from the pockets of the employees) still attached?

So why should an at-least-for-the-moment profitable HP hook up with a useless money pit? Someone slap some sense into Doug Parker before he does an Ed Beauvais and screws up HP again!

ISP you're right. Mga707... your comment was in bad taste. I'm not getting the Tom DeLay reference??? Take a break from your leftist DNC web blog and act civilized.

USA320Pilot said:
Earlier today in its earnings conference call, America West CEO Doug Parker indicated that anything the airline regarding mergers would not involve current cash-on-hand. He further indicated that by the end of the year with current fundamentals the company would probably need further financing (for normal operations).
[post="263423"][/post]​

Actually, that's not at all what Parker said. He said the company's projections for cash at year end would leave them comfortable. He did say, however, he might seek to refinance the ATSB-backed debt that AWA has -- a move that would likely increase liquidity going forward.

Parker also said that if AWA needs more cash, he doesn't expect trouble getting it -- especially given the revenue performance AWA turned in in Q1, which is seasonally the worst quarter for the airline.

djlndc said:
ISP you're right. Mga707... your comment was in bad taste.

Bad taste or no, "Terry Schaivo Airways" sounds more and more like the perfect metaphor.
I hereby register it as a Trade Mark!
:p

hp_fa said:
Ya know 320, the post referred to a bulletin board, not a message board. If management wated that on the internet I am sure they could have figured out how to post it themselves.
[post="263513"][/post]​
Oh they did, they did. :lol:

FWAAA said:
If you tie two sinking ships together, do they float that much longer?
[post="263434"][/post]​

C'mon...these guys are MBA's fer chrissake - they know things the commoner doesn't know. They were advised by other MBA's who said it all looks good on paper. Too bad the real world isn't paper only. Oh yeah....a lot of them still push when the door clearly says pull.

mga707 said:
Bad taste or no, "Terry Schaivo Airways" sounds more and more like the perfect metaphor.
I hereby register it as a Trade Mark!
:p
[post="263545"][/post]​

I tend to agree mga707. Not that airwhiners.net is a great website, but I saw a post that pretty much states the situation quite well:
This situation is about the same as a married couple having a baby in order to save a troubled marriage. No winners here.

Latest posts