Us Airways Tp Starting To Be Enacted

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Implements Next Phase of Transformation Plan, Introduces Changes to February 2005 Schedule
Monday October 18, 8:29 am ET
New Schedule Improves Aircraft Utilization, Increases Flights and Redefines Hubs

ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways today announced it will significantly restructure its flight schedule beginning Feb. 6, 2005, as the company continues implementing its Transformation Plan.

Click Here

Incredible, an industry saturated with more seats than can be filled already <_< . But, stupid A$$ USAIR management wants to strangle itself somemore with even MORE seats it won't be able to fill :up: . AMAZING, fly more flights with empty seats with oil at 55 bucks a barrel. VERY SMART MOVE!!!!! One more nail in the coffin I guess B) .

My god, you people are incredible. For years people have been complaining about how resources are not used effectively. Yet, when US is able to beef up its schedule without adding more planes, resulting in better efficiencies, you still complain.

mrfish3726 said:
Incredible, an industry saturated with more seats than can be filled already <_< . But, stupid A$$ USAIR management wants to strangle itself somemore with even MORE seats it won't be able to fill :up: . AMAZING, fly more flights with empty seats with oil at 55 bucks a barrel. VERY SMART MOVE!!!!! One more nail in the coffin I guess B) .
[post="192272"][/post]​

Kinda like Southwest flying 405 aircarft between only 59 cities.

USAirBoyA330 said:
So far one person complained. How does that amount to "you people"?
[post="192275"][/post]​

Oh, I don't know, just an assumption on my part that others will follow suit, if history is any indication.

FM2346,

USAIR doesn't have SWA management skills, and they don't even come close to the fuel hedges that they have either. Wait and see the results of this move. I'll give it two months and they'll be scaling back becuse of the still empty seats and rising RED INK. :shock:

No use in complaining any longer. Nothing will change for the better, just worse. Management will not become airline savvy over night or in the next four months or ever. Just waiting for D-Day!

If Lakefield and Bronner make it to February (which is highly doubtful) I guess they'll have to make up for those $69 seats by filling the sky with airplanes. Make it up on volumn, I guess. Costs will still be WAY WAY out of line. The pilots are still paid way too much, fuel will be way too much, the economy will still be in the dumper, his other costs of running an supposed international airline will be way too much, the cost of capital will still be super high for a fatal risk like U, executive salaries and management overhead will still be way too much, and he's introducing additional capacity at one of the lowest points of the year.

Latest plan? . . . . . . counting on a visit from the tooth fairy and for every college student in the known universe to book on U and leave an extra $100 in the cup by the door.

mrfish3726 said:
[post="192272"][/post]​

USFlyer:

Quite frankly, mrfish's observation is a valid one. Dropping more ASM's on a system where most airlines cannot produce enough revenue to cover their costs, particularly during a time of extreme fuel costs, does not exactly come off like a great idea. Its basic supply/demand economics... If there is more supply and static demand, prices must drop.

In fact, since the transformation plan was formed with the assumption of probably $35-$40/bbl oil, one has to wonder what the effect of increase fuel costs will be to the transformation plan... Remember, just last week, the company's lawyers told the BK judge that the $38mil/month cost savings from labor probably would no longer suffice, even though they came up with that number just a few weeks ago... And of course, we know the Tranformation Plan has been being worked on for a while, as some items have been announced some time ago, like the FLL minihub and the DCA upgrades....

Regardless, US Airways does need to become more efficient, even if its not "the best time" to do so. Quite frankly, at this point, the company simply doesn't have very many other options other than to go through with this "Transformation Plan"

I will note, that the answer to the October 2002 bankruptcy is scheduled to be enacted in February 2005. Nothing like survival to kick a company into high-gear ;)

Oh Mr Fish, get a life! Seriously! Try and stir up some interest for the Frontier board (is there one?)

I think these moves are great, actually, and I'm glad to see them finally being implemented.

Most of this is capacity being moved from the usual flights from Pokeyville to SillyRedundantHub, into HugeO&DFocusCity to HugeBusinessMarket flights. Makes sense to me.

USFlyer said:
My god, you people are incredible. For years people have been complaining about how resources are not used effectively. Yet, when US is able to beef up its schedule without adding more planes, resulting in better efficiencies, you still complain.
[post="192273"][/post]​
Oh, don't worry about it... it's just fish... bitter because he couldn't hack it at the majors so now he's at some regional or other and he takes out his frustration by knocking whatever the real airlines do.

The increased flying will improve mainline aircraft utilization by about 10% and reduce CASM by about one cent. This will be the single largest TP cost reduction item.

RJ utilization will increase by about 5%.

Both moves will average down unit costs, increase loads, and increase revenue with the GoFares program. Expect similar DCA moves to occur in both LGA & BOS once the company emerges from bankruptcy.

Regards,

USA320Pilot