US Airways - UA

May I thank you all for the positive comments posted.

We have decided to fly US, the cost being the main reason, saving over £300.00 for 2 adults.

Once again, the advice offered has been appreciated.

United4Me

First of all, you are comparing apples to oranges here. US Airways is transforming itself to a no frills, low cost carrier. We have merged with a low cost carrier and their management team is running the show. We do not clain to offer an elaborate service and do not apologize for such. The only ones who WILL are those that cannot make the adjustment as at one time we WERE up there with UAL.

Yes, we charge for liquor but I must say that I have seen a MUCH better behave airplane since then. As far as headsets, I think many people HAVE higher quaility headsets and most of those come with adjustment s for difference in airline prones ( one vs two). I know mine did.

You will be saving roughly $450 US dollars. Thats alot of cash to spend. If you really think you are going to drink or listen to 300 pounds worth, fly UA.

UAL, who also went thru Chapter 11, has chosen to NOT cut back as much and remain a "full" service carrier as they have a much more extensive international route system. They will be more in line with Luftansa and US will be somewhere between UAL and EasyJet.

If you go thru Charlotte, NC, your connection experience will be better. PHL is a difficut airport to connect in. Good luck to you and thanks for flying with US. :)