Us Airways Watch – 9/28/04

ITRADE said:
Yeah, I know. I really have to laugh sometimes at how totally pathetic the arguments are these days. "Its unfair!" "The law is unfair." The boys and girls were aware of the total repercussions of Chap. 11, and yet they chose to play with matches near the gasoline can. Now we'll see if they come away with 1st, 2d, 3d degree burns or wind up taking a dirt nap.
[post="185626"][/post]​

Yeah it is unfair. Unfair that hard working employees who have put decades into a company now find they are at the bottom of the food chain simply because they've worked here too long? WTF is that all about? :angry:

USFlyer said:
ITRADE, best post I've seen in ages. People chose not to listen to sound advice and now are about to get screwed in a big way. Too bad, people had options and chose to shut the door to them.
[post="185689"][/post]​
Please explain how the screwing was avoidable for me and that will be one of the best posts in ages.

DCD said:
Please explain how the screwing was avoidable for me and that will be one of the best posts in ages.
[post="185694"][/post]​

Simple. Find a new job, period. How anyone has stuck with US all this time after all the turmoil and cuts and just shear crap is beyond my comprehension. A job is a business relationship between you and your company. The relationship was broken many many years ago, yet only a subpar businessperson would continue operating as if the relationshp had not been broken. This, by the way, also applies to RSA, GE, Airbus, management, etc. Luckily, my CCY friends have all left and found higher paying, more stable positions. Being insiders, they've all told me the ship is sunk and it's over ... it's just a matter of going through the motions while people find a vendor willing to sell US the nails to seal the coffin.

It's time to move on, in my blunt opinion, and this goes for employees, customers, management and creditors.

USFlyer said:
Simple. Find a new job, period.
[post="185699"][/post]​
Negative. My and many others hopes of finding a good job in this industry hinge on Usairways demise first.

DCD said:
Negative. My and many others hopes of finding a good job in this industry hinge on Usairways demise first.
[post="185701"][/post]​

Huh? Are you saying that you are unable to find a good job until US goes away?! If so, that is ludicrous and you are making excuses. Accept reality, your ability to find your next job is only dependent on US in that it's easier to find a job when you already have one. US going away will not suddenly make finding a job easier.

ITRADE said:
. Now we'll see if they come away with 1st, 2d, 3d degree burns or wind up taking a dirt nap.
[post="185626"][/post]​

Itrade - Hope things get better for you as a Public Defender. The only thing I've seen you do with my tax money is insult U employees at every opportunity. B)

DCD said:
[post="185701"][/post]​

I wouldn't expect there will be many jobs available that seem "good" according to the standards legacy airline people are used to, as time goes on. Whether or not US goes away...

USFlyer said:
Simple. Find a new job, period. How anyone has stuck with US all this time after all the turmoil and cuts and just shear crap is beyond my comprehension. A job is a business relationship between you and your company. The relationship was broken many many years ago, yet only a subpar businessperson would continue operating as if the relationshp had not been broken. This, by the way, also applies to RSA, GE, Airbus, management, etc. Luckily, my CCY friends have all left and found higher paying, more stable positions. Being insiders, they've all told me the ship is sunk and it's over ... it's just a matter of going through the motions while people find a vendor willing to sell US the nails to seal the coffin.

It's time to move on, in my blunt opinion, and this goes for employees, customers, management and creditors.
[post="185699"][/post]​

USFlyer, so why are you on this Internet forum if you know the "ship's sunk"? Is reading about the hardships of US Airways employees entertainment for you? Sorry, I think it's pretty sick. Why don't you move on...

EyeInTheSky, umm, where did I say this was entertainment?! I'm pointing out the obvious, something I think everyone here knows to be the case but fails to seriously admit it out loud. Besides, I have in excess of 1.5 million miles, $8,000 of unused US tickets and $3,000 of future tickets booked. I'd say I have something of an interest in what happens to US.

USFlyer said:
EyeInTheSky, umm, where did I say this was entertainment?! I'm pointing out the obvious, something I think everyone here knows to be the case but fails to seriously admit it out loud. Besides, I have in excess of 1.5 million miles, $8,000 of unused US tickets and $3,000 of future tickets booked. I'd say I have something of an interest in what happens to US.
[post="185725"][/post]​

Someone give this man the door prize! :lol:

USFlyer said:
[post="185725"][/post]​

Well, color me happy, a customer! Glad to have you aboard, but should you really be meddling in the trenches with the worker bees? No offense, but doesn't it appear self-serving of you to be on here preaching to those whose paychecks are shrinking just so you'll save your 1.5 million miles? Look, most of us just want to pay the bills, have a house, a modest automobile and perhaps help send the rugrats off to college someday. Probably you have the same wants. Don't you understand that the current mis-management of this company is making these basic things almost impossible? And, why shouldn't the employees ask for accountability after raking over 2 Billion in concessions?

Well, FWIW, I have sympathy yet don't. I hated my job, found a new one and got a nice salary bump and stability out of it. It can be done, but sitting around and taking the crap being dished out is ridiculous. Honestly, if I were to ever have worked for US, it would have been in CCY given my background. And, given that, I would have bolted about 6 months ago if I had not been laid off before then.

As for my miles, I openly admitted above I think the show is over, and I've already given up on ever redeeming them. So I'm not preaching as much as recommending people stop taking the B.S. and simply move on. In my opinion it will only continue to get worse before the ATSB pulls the plug, which I see as inevitable regardless of what labor does. I do think labor should agree to concessions, but not as a long term solution. Only as a short term solution to give each employee more breathing room to find something else (and better).

And, also, this board is not an employee only board. If you don't like my meddling, just ignore my posts. I think the web site even has a mechanism for you to automatically do that.

Didn't suggest you were the "enemy" but sometimes I think you are a little "too involved" in employee matters. It's one thing to talk about the routes, service, pricing; it's a whole other ball of wax to tell people what they should be paid and what their work environment should be like.

Latest posts