Us Airways Pilots Struggle To Agree

USA320Pilot said:
Mwereplanes:

I find it interesting how you spout your uninformed comments and then call someone childish. It would be better for you to be informed and then provide constructive commentary.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="173263"][/post]​
TERROR AT 35,000
on a new venue for things to do while in the cockpit,boys? :up:

RowUnderDCA said:
So, you're relishing the idea of violence in the cockpit among colleagues? Unsettling sentiment in these times, even in jest.
[post="173314"][/post]​

Humor, especially in these times, is relevant and needed. The professionalism of the US Airways pilots over the past years of uncertainty and career demise has been nothing short of outstanding. And it will continue to be that way regardless of any disagreements between ANY pilots. Once the flight deck door is closed, everyone is on the same team. I've seen that time and time again. And that team is without a doubt THE best in the business. In spite of continued incompetence from the people who run this company.

So, I hope that answers your question. What I truly relish would be a utopic world in which guys like 320 and his minions would understand what needs to be done to force this management to run an airline instead of fearing the unknown and always rewarding the incompetence. But that is indeed utopic.

Would it make you feel better if we arm wrestled in the hotel bar on the overnight?

mr

So, I hope that answers your question. What I truly relish would be a utopic world in which guys like 320 and his minions would understand what needs to be done to force this management to run an airline instead of fearing the unknown and always rewarding the incompetence. But that is indeed utopic.
you know that reminds me..last nite i was kind of recalling U's trials and tribulations since the late eighties when i started.
it seemed colodny knew how to run an airline...at least at first....mergers....lots of leftovers....logistics that should have been dealt with...ed bails....
seth- wow- :blink: talk about floundering.....remember when we didn't have enough to file for BK but somehow stumbled around and survived?too much indecision under seth.....too long floundering.....
wolfe and rakeesh- breath of fresh air at first....then the corpporate raiders surface.....lots of hoopla then same old stuff as seth...the UAL "all or nothing" merger(UCT/ICT)
big failure for the wolfeman...takes half the companys stock and goes to switzerland or neverneverland...
young lad daveyboy...comes in and for some strange reason the room still smells of wolfe....almost a carbon copy for that matter.
sure he got concesions and all..looked good for a while then bingo...no change in the business...lots of bullcrap though...and here we are today....it seems to me from the day colodny left,nothing has really changed in the way this airline has or is being run..
lakefield and company come up with the idea that it may be good business to fly more flights outa high o & d cities and it might just make us monie...wow :shock: dude,where the hell you been? why didn't one of these SAGES MANAGEMENT KEEPS GIVING PARACHUTES COME UP WITH THIS 10 YEARS AGO?
it appears now to me that anything will be too little too late...hows that song go??
thanks for the memories :rolleyes:

Delldude:

Your reminiscing smacks of "corporate raiding" not only at US Airways through Wolf, et al., but all legacy carriers. It seems that these Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Princeton types have figured out that the fastest way to make millions is to join the ranks of senior management in the airline industry. Stack the BOD's with their friends and negotiate extraordinary lucrative employment contracts with stock options for 4 or 5 year terms. Steal from the employees repeatedly through concessions so they ensure that they leave with their millions and move on to the next airline. That is precisely what is wrong with the industry. Why doesn't ALPA, IAM, AMFA, CWA, and Flight Attendant's unions figure this out and make sure that these senior management employment contracts are put on the table in a Section 1114 bankruptcy proceeding. It seems to me that concessions also need to come from them also.

hp_fa said:
Oh God, he's back.......
[post="173179"][/post]​
hpfa yeah he gets to stay on the forum in spite of making sick comments about alpa people getting death threats yet one of the funnier members on this forum was sent to the cornfield because he made a comment about what's inside a jockstrap. i don't get it.