Us Airways Will Fail In Its Present Form

NYPD

Sep 7, 2002
With all the great people still around, and the "can do" attitude that most workers actually have, it is clear that US Airways cannot survive on the current path.

While most go to work, draw a salary, and try to actually enjoy their time at work, there is a definite "ill-will" toward the idiots at the top. Almost as if the workers deep down want this ship to go ahead and sink. You might call it a "cut off your nose to spite your face" atttitude.

Every day at US Airways is a slap in the face. Our management team really really sucks very much and we all know it. We keep going backwards in terms of benefits, pay, and work rules. We are now at the same level we were in the 80's. And gas was not $2.21 at the pump then either.

In very short order (I give it 4 - 6 months tops) US Airways will fail. If the company doesn't just go away (liquidate), it will be merged or sold to someone else. There is absolutely no way that this cancer-ridden company can survive in its present form.

I would love to see some sort of job action by at least one labor group. Wildcat action that is. One or two days would shut this P.O.S. down no problem.

There, I vented. Any comments?

It's obvious you are very bitter toward our company. As for me...this "P.O.S." company for the past 37 years has put food on the table, cloths on my familie's backs, sent 2 children to college, bought us a nice home and cars, sent us on vacations, kept us well, paid for Christmas presents,etc. Need I go on? For all it's warts, this is still a proud company with great employees.

Obviously, you spent some of your pay on a very nice pair of blinders. [Wind up deleted by moderator]

nypd, maybe you ned some blinders. sounds liek you swallowed to many bitter pills

CaptBud330 said:
It's obvious you are very bitter toward our company. As for me...this "P.O.S." company for the past 37 years has put food on the table, cloths on my familie's backs, sent 2 children to college, bought us a nice home and cars, sent us on vacations, kept us well, paid for Christmas presents,etc. Need I go on? For all it's warts, this is still a proud company with great employees.
[post="261665"][/post]​

THE COMPANY did not do the above YOU DID. and i submit you would have no matter where you would have or continue to work because you ARE one of the many hard working can do employees spoken of in the previous post. by the way kudos on the college grads!!

Captain, you are correct. All well and good that YOU were able to provide for your family, BUT , Managment has been a FAILURE unlike yourself for the last *15* years of your career. Poor Management decisions has put us in the place we are today. Unable to hedge fuel like Southwest is one example. Yes that ugly day of September 11th when I and my fellow coworkers watched in horror as the 2nd aircraft flew into the World Trade Center has changed this industry forever. But POOR MANAGMENT had ruined a good company many years prior to 2001.

Maybe he is dead on accurate and you're walking around in fairyland tip toeing thru the tulips.

Sure this company let people make a living for years but to defend them now at this point by pointing fingers at the ones speaking the truth is a sign of co-dependence, that or the fact that after 37 years service you can retire and look back at the good and not the bad times. Many can’t do that, so they call it like it is. Sugar coating reality and playing Pollyanna letting the bastards at the top off the hook where years ago they would have been shot for their crimes on humanity, but today are awarded millions upon millions while the little guy is sick over how to make his mortgage payment, well I responded.

I am gone and was lucky enough to get some retirement from that crap hole of a nightmare place and to see employees defending such pure evil is scary showing why and how they do it, with your permission and many like you.

For those of you who think this company is going to still be around as USAirways ( or here at all for that matter) by the end of the year, have to say:
GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR A@@!!

These Bone Heads running this place are PATHETIC!! STARTING FROM THE TOP!! :down: :down:

CaptBud330 said:
[post="261665"][/post]​

All any of us here on the board have to do is look at your user name.. Capt. 330. Yes if we all made what you make none of us would have anything to complain about.. You work what, 3 trips a month!! You are a selfish little man..

Your life is so tough it makes me cry.

A proud company!! The last time this place was proud was when 1/2 of it was called Piedmont..

justaumechanic said:
All any of us here on the board have to do is look at your user name.. Capt. 330. Yes if we all made what you make none of us would have anything to complain about.. You work what, 3 trips a month!! You are a selfish little man..

Your life is so tough it makes me cry.

A proud company!! The last time this place was proud was when 1/2 of it was called Piedmont..
[post="261716"][/post]​

I was looking for something to say, but I can't top this one. So I will just second it.

From where I sit, US will not merge. They will be acquired. No one is in any hurry to combine their company with US and vice-versa. Why inherit any baggage when you don't have to?

Latest posts