More to come US Airways 757 improvements

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
When are the B757s going to get winglets? And is it just the ETOPS planes (Europe/Hawaii) or EOW (Caribbean) as well?

Managing Director of Technical Services Mark Rudo explained, “We are equipping seven of the 757s with winglets, including the three ex-ATA 757 ETOPS aircraft (N203UW, N204UW & N205UW) and four East 757s (N200UU, N201UU, N202UW & N206UW) that we are currently converting to ETOPS. All seven of these aircraft will be serving the European markets. The first East 757 is currently in the hangar being modified for ETOPS and adding the winglets, with the other three to follow for winglets.â€￾

And there’s even more to come for 757 improvements. Mark said we also plan to upgrade the interiors, including the installation of Envoy international seats. The interior portion of this program will be completed as we the required parts are received. There will be new carpet, in-seat power in business class, and portable IFE players will be passed out to our business class customers.

Hopefully ALL 757's will receive this treatment and the US 757's will no longer only have 8 F/C seats. This would go along way toward mending fences with FF'ers to have 16 seats restored to F/C.

While I do think that US will add more seats to the East 757's, I think it will never come back to 24. I think the Tempe, AZ standard goes at least 12 in F. So I'm thinking either 12 or 16. I think Tempe will try to standardize F. Smaller birds 12F, while the 321/757- 16F.

Hopefully ALL 757's will recieve this treatment and the US 757's will no longer only have 8 F/C seats. This would go along way toward mending fences with FF'ers to have 16 seats restored to F/C.
The reduction of 8 first class seats on the 757 was a tradeoff for the 11 on the E190>B757

The seats on the 757 were reduced to eight as Siegel and Ben B, moved the planes to North-South routings from the North to Florida and from the east coast to Vegas, leisure markets as they claimed and not business markets.

The lift capability of the RB211 75 is super duper compared to the narrow body AB family----re-wire seats for laptop pwr--go to Sam's and get a bunch of DVD players & hook them up---throw that terrible VCR system out the door ---give the 75 to the West coast again---let the 321 run up and down the East coast from BDL and MCO where it belongs. An A/C that can operate from a 5800 ft rwy at 228,000 lbs with 185 pax "AND" bags is a money making machine. OOOOps sorry thinking again.

The lift capability of the RB211 75 is super duper compared to the narrow body AB family----re-wire seats for laptop pwr--go to Sam's and get a bunch of DVD players & hook them up---throw that terrible VCR system out the door ---give the 75 to the West coast again---let the 321 run up and down the East coast from BDL and MCO where it belongs. An A/C that can operate from a 5800 ft rwy at 228,000 lbs with 185 pax "AND" bags is a money making machine. OOOOps sorry thinking again.
You are right about the 757. With the RB211's you have a screaming machine that has the engines that can out fly the wing. Now let's hope the CO does the right thing with the cabin.

While I do think that US will add more seats to the East 757's, I think it will never come back to 24. I think the Tempe, AZ standard goes at least 12 in F. So I'm thinking either 12 or 16. I think Tempe will try to standardize F. Smaller birds 12F, while the 321/757- 16F.
Hopefully the 757 will be reconfig back to 16F/C seats, a closet added and new video system installed. If the a/c will be utilized on longhaul (Transatl/transcon/Hawaii) it would be well worth the investment to install the oversized bins in the cabin as well. The B757 is suited for higher altitude flying on longhauls and bringing back some of the perks we offered in F/C are much needed.

I know this sounds like over the top thinking, but why not redo ALL the 757's to the standard of the ones going to Europe with the Envoy seats and IE? Eventually ETOPs ALL 757'2 and use them on transcons. They would be interchangable and while not the BEST seats, an impressive transcon change.

Just redo those FILTHY toliets. :huh:

Looking at a random flight in June from PHL-LIS, it appears that the TA 757s will have 12 Envoy seats, not 16 that some on here are hoping for. But then I tried to look for PHL-BRU, and they weren't showing any availability in Envoy. I seriously doubt that Envoy is sold out to BRU in June, so I am assuming that not all of the cabin reconfigurations for the TA 757s will be done in time. Anyone else heard anything about this and/or know when all of the 757s will have the Envoy seats?

what i want to know is are they going to put oven's on the 757's that are being redone . or are we gonna use the old genie trays over the pond.

i am in phx right now. about to work flt 1192 phx-phl. sherrie shamblin is on my flt. i asked her about the 757 galleys in the crew room. she said that the galleys will be getting ovens she also told me that they will add another f/a position on the 757 going over the pond for a total of 6 f/a's . reason is because since the 757 will be getting more f/c seats then the "a" f/a will need help up there. makes sense to me. more f/a's means more lines.

i am in phx right now. about to work flt 1192 phx-phl. sherrie shamblin is on my flt. i asked her about the 757 galleys in the crew room. she said that the galleys will be getting ovens she also told me that they will add another f/a position on the 757 going over the pond for a total of 6 f/a's . reason is because since the 757 will be getting more f/c seats then the "a" f/a will need help up there. makes sense to me. more f/a's means more lines.
Etops,

Ask Sheri where the glassware is, and find out how many days she is scheduled to be at the negotiating table this month.

Great news about the ovens, and a 6th FA! :up: