Reconfigured seven USAirways Boeing 757s (East)

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
757 E TRANSATLANTIC LINES AND PAIRINGS

The 7 US Airways Boeing 757s with installed new ETOPS and blended winglets technology Transatlantic aircrafts have been reconfigured to include an envoy cabin. The new configuration has 12 Envoy seats and 167 Coach seats. The service will now include a full envoy product and as a result the aircraft will be staffed with 6 Flight Attendants.

Before old configuration 8/185 (total 193 seats)
After new configuration 12/167 (total 179 seats) (net loss -14 total seats)

Reg. No.
N200UU, N201UU, N202UW, N203UW, N204UW, N205UW and N206UW

-Only 11 of the Envoy seat may be sold for Trans Atlantic.

I should have added,if the flight goes east of the U.K.

From the usairways.com seatmap of coach on these 757's, it looks like there are 2 rows of coach AHEAD of doors 2L/2R. An odd config, but this is par for the course.

But that also means the remaining 156 seats from rows 7 to 32 should have pretty decent pitch.

Two rows of coach before the F2/R2 door should look really retarted. Guess it would have made to much since to just make the fwd cabin 16 Envoy Seats the way CO has 16J seats on their 757's that are used for Transatlantic.

Regards

LGA777

757 E TRANSATLANTIC LINES AND PAIRINGS

The 7 US Airways Boeing 757s with installed new ETOPS and blended winglets technology Transatlantic aircrafts have been reconfigured to include an envoy cabin. The new configuration has 12 Envoy seats and 167 Coach seats. The service will now include a full envoy product and as a result the aircraft will be staffed with 6 Flight Attendants.

Before old configuration 8/185 (total 193 seats)
After new configuration 12/167 (total 179 seats) (net loss -14 total seats)

Reg. No.
N200UU, N201UU, N202UW, N203UW, N204UW, N205UW and N206UW
All HP aircraft? They going to be flying across to Europe?
In exchange for some Hawaii trips, perhaps?

The summer bids would have reflected this. Europe is still East coast flying. As of May those aircraft are ours most likely for the Europe flights. Plus, it would cost the company major $$$$ to ITD service train PHX flight attendants. Why would they fly them into another base when we have people here already, be it Europe or Hawaii? We all know its all about money to them so I would say it's a safe bet no.

Those tail numbers reflect East A/C. A mix of ex. EA and ATA 757's. I might have missed a number. Anyway, no mixing of A/C or east-west crews for Oceanic flying this season that I see.

And I'll ask again.. I wonder what routes these 757s will be used on when the seasonal flights stop.... Surely they cannot mix them in with regular 8/185 757 flying, can they? Anyone in the "know?" I can just see a 167Y 757 showing up when it was supposed to be a 185Y plane..... Hmm...

Can anyone in maintenance tell us what exactly was done besides the Envoy seats and updated IFE? Did they put chillers in the galleys? What was done to the seats and wall panels and how many ovens were installed?
I hope they put chillers on because its going to be one long ride back from BRU with no way to chill the food! It is amazing no one has gotten food poisoning from the arrival meals stowed in the overheads last year! :shock:

And I'll ask again.. I wonder what routes these 757s will be used on when the seasonal flights stop.... Surely they cannot mix them in with regular 8/185 757 flying, can they? Anyone in the "know?" I can just see a 167Y 757 showing up when it was supposed to be a 185Y plane..... Hmm...
We use them in the winter season to the islands to replace the 319's during peak season and allows the 767's to go through heavy maintenance in the fall/winter. AUA/CUN/MBJ/SJU/SJO/STT/SXM.
They are usually scheduled on those trips as they show up in our trip pairings 2 months ahead.