More to come US Airways 757 improvements

Ask her where my bag is...day 5 and counting... :angry:
It was just on the Local PHL news (CBS): people want their bags back, and USAirways just keeps giving them meal vouchers... :lol:

Some guy has set up a website and will give $1000 to anyone who can do what US can't: get his bag back. The news anchors didn't know whether to laugh or not.... :lol:

I didn't get a voucher :(

there are people sitting around doing very little, but they can't find the bags...why aren't they bringing in more people to look for them?

The agent today said, "I dunno where it is. just keep walking around and looking for it. I can't help you. Do you see all the bags we have here?"

I didn't get a voucher :(

there are people sitting around doing very little, but they can't find the bags...why aren't they bringing in more people to look for them?

The agent today said, "I dunno where it is. just keep walking around and looking for it. I can't help you. Do you see all the bags we have here?"
The lady they interviewed was from London, and she said she had been in the airport for 3 days (and she looked it, too!). Not sure why she was stuck for so long, but she wanted her luggage badly!

but she wanted her luggage badly!

well i do, too...it was going to be surprise, but i snagged a red dress from a DL F/A last week and I was going to give it to you as a present for valentine's day...and here you thought I forgot... :(

Wouldn't she need to clear customs with her bag?
Good point. I know she was from London, had the accent, etc... Maybe she was going TO London (returning), then she would not need her bag for customs until she landed in Europe? It was just a quick snipet on the local news.... But they did take the time to say it was an isolated "USAirways only" problem.... :rolleyes: shocked?

Good point. I know she was from London, had the accent, etc... Maybe she was going TO London (returning), then she would not need her bag for customs until she landed in Europe? It was just a quick snipet on the local news.... But they did take the time to say it was an isolated "USAirways only" problem.... :rolleyes: shocked?
News tend to get things all mixed up. You never here the local news telling of weather delays from the Southwest Counter. Their there little darlings, and news persons are supposed to be neutral.

News tend to get things all mixed up. You never here the local news telling of weather delays from the Southwest Counter. Their there little darlings, and news persons are supposed to be neutral.
Or, perhaps, they have people arrive with their luggage? Just a guess...

Or, perhaps, they have people arrive with their luggage? Just a guess...
What I mean is that everytime the Local News, Channel 6 or 10, they always broadcast from the US Terminal and put US planes in the picture as its the only airline that is operating late. I understand that US has the majority of the flights, but the only time they broadcast from Southwest is when they are adding service, what about when US adds service? When they talk about delays the plane pictures are always US planes, never AA, DL, WN.

I wish they would dig at the baggage system the mayors brother did. They televised it but they didn't follow it up too good, and if they did, it went by fast. Philly politics really irks me. Nothing good about them.

I wish they would dig at the baggage system the mayors brother did. They televised it but they didn't follow it up too good, and if they did, it went by fast. Philly politics really irks me. Nothing good about them.
Oh just to add to this,

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16734420.htm

N.J. cops jail Milton Street on traffic warrants

By Jan Hefler
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

T. Milton Street Sr., who announced last week he's running for mayor of Philadelphia, was locked up this morning in South Jersey on traffic warrants.

Moorestown police officers recognized him as he left the 7-Eleven convenience store in the township and took him into custody on traffic court warrants and contempt charges, police said.

Street, 67, older brother of Philadelphia Mayor John Street, was unable to post $3,250 bail at the police station. Officers transported him to the Burlington County Jail in Mount Holly, where he has been incarcerated since shortly after 10 a.m.

Street was arrested on warrants charging traffic violations in Moorestown and Pennsauken, and contempt for ignoring the traffic charges, said Moorestown Police Lt. Howard Mann.

"He was alone as he came out of the 7-Eleven," Mann said. "I guess he was getting coffee - and coincidentally the officers saw him and made the arrest," said Mann. "The officers said he was cooperative."

Street told police his address is the 1700 block of Anchor Street in Philadelphia. The arrest warrants give the address of a home in Moorestown on New Albany Road that he has listed on other legal filings, including bankruptcy. There is a residency requirement for mayoral candidates in Philadelphia.

In December, Street was arrested by FBI at his Moorestown address after he was indicted on federal corruption and tax charges.

Mann said that he did not know details of the allegations lodged against Street in the warrants today.

"We don't enjoy taking people up to the county jail on a traffic complaint, but if they can't post bail in a reasonable time, we have to take them to county jail," Mann said.

The reduction of 8 first class seats on the 757 was a tradeoff for the 11 on the E190>B757
According to Sabre
B757-200 seat config C-12 / sell 11seats as 1A crew rest.
y-164 with increased seat pitch .
Not sure if crew rest included in this Y-class count .
All Envoy seats are coming from A330 removed rows 5-6 .
cheers.

Hopefully the 757 will be reconfig back to 16F/C seats, a closet added and new video system installed. If the a/c will be utilized on longhaul (Transatl/transcon/Hawaii) it would be well worth the investment to install the oversized bins in the cabin as well.
There has been no indication from the Doug Parker school of airline management that the 757's will be standardized. Maybe after the 767, A330 and 757E seats are reconfigured they'll have time to address the 757 E/W discrepancies.

the 757's are in the hangar right now getting their modifications done. including winglets.

And TEMPE, If there are Closets there, LEAVE THEM BE! OFF LIMITS TO TEMPE PERSONEL! Its been awhile since I was on a 757.
Believe it or not, the WEST 757 fleet still has closets on 901-910. I'm not sure about 913-915, because they have the bulkhead hangers. Interesting side note. 913 & 914 have placards (at least they did) that state the bulkhead hangars are not to be used during taxi, takeoff, landing or turbulence.

Latest posts