US/Delta Slot and Facility Swap at LGA

MWAA is renovating Terminal A as well. The bathrooms have already been done. I'm hoping they add some carpet and a better PA system. Once done, Terminal A would be decent.

As an old shuttle Dog I have no problem with the swap.

The MAT for just the shuttle is a very good terminal with easy access from the Grand Central. Many shuttle customers actually prefer it, and if they don't use LGA for connections it really doesn't matter that we have a split terminal.

Bottom line is we gave up on LGA years ago when we started flying RJ's and Dash 8's to NE cities. They either had to dump some money into LGA and grow it with big jets or bail. They took the easiest route.

You can call this move/shift in business "smart business sense" by focusing on your strengths or call it a "run and hide" tactic. Take your pick. I personally see the DCA part of it a enhanced benefit while I see the LGA move just stupid. It could have been built up. Again "smart business sense" or "run and hide".

Delta, US Airways trade slots in New York, Washington

In a note to clients, Daniel McKenzie, an analyst at Next Generation Equity Research wrote: In contrast to deteriorating fundamentals at some other legacy carriers, (US Airways) fundamentals are improving. Less NYC flying & more international flying a good move for LCC, which lacks the frequent flyer loyalty to make NYC work as it should. Delta strengthens its brand, size and scale in NYC, and conversely bolsters corporate loyalty at the expense of (American) & (Continental).

Aha!!!! I can tell you first hand this was not always the case......you have Dougie and Scooter to thank for that--but that's a story for another thread.......

LOYALTY has a value--to everyone but Dumb and Dumber.......

Aha!!!! I can tell you first hand this was not always the case......you have Dougie and Scooter to thank for that--but that's a story for another thread.......

Art,
You're so right. It was not always the case. There was quite a large FF loyalty group as you well know.
What baffles me time and time again is who pays for the Dumb & Dumber mistakes?
The flying public and the employees in the form of layoffs and pay cuts.
When are these clowns going to be made accountable?
Doesn't the BOD realize that these clowns are all fluff with no substance?

The whole LGA debacle sickens me. Retreat and shrink. Well keep up the good work Tempe boys. Soon you'll run out of places to retreat from. While you're at it, you may try working on the synergies from the unmerged merged airlines.

What a sad day for the people at LGA. But then, there were sad days as well for the people at ISP and EWR as US ran from there as well with it's tail tucked in it's hind quarters.

Douggie and Scooter you're running out of cities.

US had a huge loyalty base out of NYC. As soon as Doug and his clowns announced the new enhancements to the DM program people left. They had an amazing FF base in NYC and flushed it right down the toilet.

They will probably retreat back to PHX since PHX is one of the largest cities in the USA! LOL! If I hear that one more time I might fall out of my chair. People need to measure by the Greater Metro Area not the city limits.

I was just reading an article about the fact that PTI (GSO ) now will have no directs into LGA. Nor will RDU. There are currently 7 from GSO and 6 from RDU.

And it crossed my mind that this an opportunity for Southwest. If they go into GSO they will be in CLT's backyard. :blink:

And we all know how Southwest loves filling the void we leave. :eek:

I was just reading an article about the fact that PTI (GSO ) now will have no directs into LGA. Nor will RDU. There are currently 7 from GSO and 6 from RDU.

And it crossed my mind that this an opportunity for Southwest. If they go into GSO they will be in CLT's backyard. :blink:

And we all know how Southwest loves filling the void we leave. :eek:

That article might want to check its facts. Both DL and AA currently offer plenty of daily flights between RDU and LGA.

True, US is the only airline currently flying GSO-LGA, but DL has promised to maintain service to all of the cities that US currently flies to out of LGA. That said, I'm a tad surprised that US wouldn't want to keep some the GSO-LGA route, like they did with ILM-LGA, since there seems to be a bunch of elites in the GSO area.

That article might want to check its facts. Both DL and AA currently offer plenty of daily flights between RDU and LGA.

True, US is the only airline currently flying GSO-LGA, but DL has promised to maintain service to all of the cities that US currently flies to out of LGA. That said, I'm a tad surprised that US wouldn't want to keep some the GSO-LGA route, like they did with ILM-LGA, since there seems to be a bunch of elites in the GSO area.

I'm not up to date with all the ins and outs on this. And I haven't heard that Delta has promised anything.

Everything is still in "the air" as it still needs approval.

I'm just seeing a hole that should and will be filled. And not liking what I'm seeing.

By the way, it was the McClatchy- Tribune news that I got that info from. They are usually spot on.

They will probably retreat back to PHX since PHX is one of the largest cities in the USA! LOL! If I hear that one more time I might fall out of my chair. People need to measure by the Greater Metro Area not the city limits.
PHX probably counts all the illegals too. :eek:

Douggie and Scooter you're running out of cities.

Ohhhh no not so fast. Just look a little further to BOS and you'll find PLENTY of competition that US could very easily run from. Competition in BOS is getting pretty tough and will only get worse. US won't be able to stand the heat.

According to this site, PHL is the 50th largest metro area in the world with 5.27 million. Phx comes in at 82nd with 3.54 million.

NRT is #1 in the world by a wide margin. GRU is #7.

http://www.mongabay.com/cities_pop_01.htm

Delta, US Airways trade slots in New York, Washington

In a note to clients, Daniel McKenzie, an analyst at Next Generation Equity Research wrote: In contrast to deteriorating fundamentals at some other legacy carriers, (US Airways) fundamentals are improving. Less NYC flying & more international flying a good move for LCC, which lacks the frequent flyer loyalty to make NYC work as it should. .

US's "lack of frequent flyer loyalty" in NYC has everything to do with the leadership's utter disregard of quality service, lack of respect for its employee group as well as it's lack of vision. If you don't change with the times, you will become extinct. Sadly this is a prime example.

Having witnessed US's retreat from JFK in the 90's when competition began increasing was a prelude of things to come. Now history has repeated itself at LGA.

Ever since Douggie and Kirby took over US, it has become a circus show. If these 2 clowns dont get there act together US is going to star in the next Disney movie. I agree with them that they will save $75million with almost shutting down the LGA operation. I believe there is alot of money to be made also. These 2 clowns dont look at the money we could be making at LGA If we flew better routes. They dont have a vision for anything. They say express is losing money and mainline is making money. Common sense would tell you to decrease express operations and increase your mainline. NY is a big pie that every airline should take a bite out of and everyone can eat. These 2 guys really piss me off. Delta, American,Continental and even the people that put there $$$, time and blood into making what the US LGA terminal is today. We all have a vision for NY area.How is it possible that these 2 guys have no vision. Did we get blind clowns from the circus. If anyone from the BOD reads these boards help US find a CEO that is Creative and has Vision. This guy is shutting down big cities. He shut down Columbus with America West, Downsized drastically in PIT,LAS and now LGA. Who's next? I would think BOS or LAX is next.This guy needs to be stopped before its too late. were running out of big cities. Hes running a Circus. We all have bills to pay. He was born into money, US is a Disneyland to him. Soon the only places we US will be flying into will be Birmingham, Ala.; Islip, N.Y.; Ithaca, N.Y.; Little Rock, Ark.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Pensacola, Fla.; Savannah, Ga.; and Tallahassee, Fla.) and dont forget DCA NRT and GRU. this is an embarrassment to all US employees.

Latest posts

Back