US/DL LGA/DCA Slot Swap Deal

B6 is not a good merger candidate for any legacy because their unique culture is actually employee and customer FRIENDLY. It would be worse than a nightmare to integrate B6 culture with unionized workgroups elsewhere. Besides B6 is fine on their own-they will keep making feeder agreements with international carriers and will do just fine on their own. They don't have the costs of legacies, nor do they have the baggage (pun intended)

Back on subject, however, I think we just have to sit back and see if the two airlines will accept DOT's conditions-whether we like it or not, as of now DOT has the right to rule--.

We don't like the Tarmac rule either-- it is poorly thought out and nothing more than a politically expedient band aid to the real problem (Airspace and ATC)...but then again DOT gets their say on that as well.

B6 is not a good merger candidate for any legacy because their unique culture is actually employee and customer FRIENDLY. It would be worse than a nightmare to integrate B6 culture with unionized workgroups elsewhere. Besides B6 is fine on their own-they will keep making feeder agreements with international carriers and will do just fine on their own. They don't have the costs of legacies, nor do they have the baggage (pun intended)

B6 hates unions and they don't have 'union' benefits such as my dinky union. But they are happy at doing their job and making their airline a 'class-of-its-own' competitive airline. Someone from B6 told me that other airlines are following their lead, such as Virgin.

B6 is not a good merger candidate for any legacy because their unique culture is actually employee and customer FRIENDLY.

Five years ago your sentence could have read as follows:

B6 HP is not a good merger candidate for any legacy because their unique culture is actually employee and customer FRIENDLY.

Reactions: 1 person
DL will change their mind when they see new UA flying out of NY. New UA would control more of the NY/NJ market.

Delta, US Airways to Appeal Slot Ruling
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10746014/1/delta-us-airways-to-appeal-slot-ruling.html

DOT approves Delta-US slot swap, retains divestiture conditions
http://atwonline.com/aeropolitics-regulation/news/dot-approves-delta-us-slot-swap-retains-divestiture-conditions-0504

DOT Grants Delta/US Airways Slot Waiver
http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2010/dot8810.htm

I hope DL-US terminate the slot swap. But, this would mean US needs to make a serious investment in building their LGA operations back to what they used to be.

The main issue I have with WN potentially buying the slots is WN will basically only offer service to destinations already served enough at DCA. Chicago, Orlando, Nashville, etc. At least US-DL were going to offer service in many smaller markets WN wouldn't dare touch. I'd much rather see more breadth of service than simply additional service to destinations already served.

I hope DL-US terminate the slot swap. But, this would mean US needs to make a serious investment in building their LGA operations back to what they used to be.

The main issue I have with WN potentially buying the slots is WN will basically only offer service to destinations already served enough at DCA. Chicago, Orlando, Nashville, etc. At least US-DL were going to offer service in many smaller markets WN wouldn't dare touch. I'd much rather see more breadth of service than simply additional service to destinations already served.
Please drop a line to the DOT and let them know this, as it is a very important issue. It seems all the DOT and the guvm't in general wants from airline 'competition' is low ticket prices, services and routes be damned.
Cheers.

Perhaps the DOT's stance is fueled in part by their proximity to DCA.

They have a chance to bring a 'preferred' carrier to their home airport, and they are taking it.

HP and customer friendly go together like oil and water. It wasn't HP's intent to please the customer and sure didn't blossom into a happy relationship after the merger. :rolleyes:

Five years ago your sentence could have read as follows:

B6 HP is not a good merger candidate for any legacy because their unique culture is actually employee and customer FRIENDLY.
How much an hour did you and your coworkers make as an agent and how about those work rules at HP. Management heavy tactics in all accounts except for management favorites

Because they are non-union with no voice

Yet they seem a lot happier, friendlier and have a better attitude than most unionized and non-unionized legacy airlines. Many have been there from the beginning and they are all pleasant to talk to. The first thing they did that shocked me about B6 was the language change. While all others referred to them as passengers, they called them customers. Kind of like 'The customer is always right' type thing. It seems to work for them because I've met a few 'customers' who were stuck on the tarmac for hours on that notorious day that still keep coming back.

Whether they got voice or not...and they actually do from what I can tell because their airline is more lenient...they love the job they accepted and treat people in general with respect and get respect. Unlike the superior than thou airlines that go through the motion and treat passengers like cattle while passing the buck as to whose fault this is!