US/DL LGA/DCA Slot Swap Deal

OK, we have a non-union airline (JB) with happy, productive employees and a highly-unionized airline (WN) with happy, productive employees. Could it be that the presence or non-presence of a union has nothing to do with the fact that the employees are happy and productive? Let's see...could it be that the employees in both those companies are treated fairly and with respect by the management of those companies?

No, it couldn't be that! How could you ever get anything done if you are going around respecting the people who do the frontline work? They need to be told how to do their jobs constantly. 40 years experience as a flight attendant or mechanic or gate agent doesn't mean they might know better than you. After all, you have an MBA. That proves you know more.

OK, we have a non-union airline (JB) with happy, productive employees and a highly-unionized airline (WN) with happy, productive employees. Could it be that the presence or non-presence of a union has nothing to do with the fact that the employees are happy and productive? Let's see...could it be that the employees in both those companies are treated fairly and with respect by the management of those companies?

No, it couldn't be that! How could you ever get anything done if you are going around respecting the people who do the frontline work? They need to be told how to do their jobs constantly. 40 years experience as a flight attendant or mechanic or gate agent doesn't mean they might know better than you. After all, you have an MBA. That proves you know more.
Neither of those airlines declared bankruptcy, so their employees were never required to give anything back. That has a lot to do with the difference in attitudes. That said, I don't think anything will make some US employees happy, there are people in the company that just aren't capable of being happy.

Reactions: 1 person
Capable of being happy? Happy about what? Oh that the lights are still on at this dump? Yeah due to the hard work of the frontline employees and our friends/coworkers below the wing. Due to the fact that everyones contract was raped in BK and now we're run by College interns that think Tempe is the center of the universe? I think most are capable of being happy....when the current management team is gone. Hell, I was here before they came and I'll be here and HAPPY when they're gone. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Can somebody refresh my memory what is US getting in return for giving away the LGA SLOTS

US gets some DL slots in DCA along with a route slot to GRU and NRT. NRT they'll most likely throw an a/c on the route that can barely or just make it and be less than competitive as far as amenities go in the asian market.

Can somebody refresh my memory what is US getting in return for giving away the LGA SLOTS

To be exact, the original plan was for US to give 125 slot pairs at LGA and swap terminals there in return for 42 slot pairs at DCA, plus GRU and NRT access.

Also of note: Since the deal was announced, US/Japan have negotiated an Open Skies agreement and B6 has made a separate deal with AA giving it 9 new flights at DCA.