US Gate/Ticket Agents

You're applying for the wrong job. Apply for a senior VP position, I understand they start them out at a million-something, but it goes up from there, don't worry.

A senior VP? Noo...

Start out as a CEO or COO..jump to the top, bring your buddies on board, become greedy, demand everything, stomp your feet, till the union gives in, and laugh all the way to the banks.

Top=1
Employees? zero

Well I went today to the open house... the starting pay is $8.05 an hour... I was really shocked that the pay was so low...
Did you apply? Did they offer you a job? Did you accept? We are anxiously awaiting your reply and if you did accept a position it would be fun to follow your training!

Hi Wench,

Well i just moved to Phoenix and i was looking to get into the industry... i seen that baggage handlers start at $9.40 so i thought it would be more for the agents i guess not :(

As an agent my advice to you is become a baggage handler. Believe it or not I do enjoy my job. But we do put up with so much crap on a daily basis and sometimes I envy the baggage handlers. When our PHL flight has a 2 hour gate hold for PHL they are sitting around with nothing to do while we have to stand there and be screamed at by paxs who cannot understand that we do not control the weather or ATC. Just my thoughts :)

You need to be a saint to do this job, same repetitive
stupid questions and usual bulls**t.. On on of our counters there is a sign stating " Check in for u.s airways is behind you at desk 10-15" The pax then asked "Where is behind me"... Ever see the film falling down!!

You need to be a saint to do this job, same repetitive
stupid questions and usual bulls**t.. On on of our counters there is a sign stating " Check in for u.s airways is behind you at desk 10-15" The pax then asked "Where is behind me"... Ever see the film falling down!!

But hey, i get a " I make US fly" pin so i suppose it is worth it!! :up: