US/MDA FAs file $1.2B lawsuit

The 190 has nothing to do with MidAtlantic at all.

Uh, you don't think the fact that the company sold the 170s, then turned around and ordered 190s using the same certification, but this time paying mainline wages, while they lay off the mainline 170 people, has anything at all to do with "MidAtlantic"?

Having a scam "division" operating an aircraft type, selling the employees doiwn the river, and then ordering essentially the same plane doesn't make this case a bit stronger? Mmmmm... ok...

Or the fact that a F/A can now go work at a completely different airline, dufferent certificate America West and rack up logecity, but the F/As that flew the Embraer for two years on the US Airways certificate, current on all Us Airways aircraft not only lose thier job but dont get any longevity for it?

I think it all relates to each other and is all pretty damm twisted.

DO THE RIGHT THING DOUG- GIVE THOSE PEOPLE THIER LONGEVITY! AND GET RID OF THE OUTSOURCED EMBRAERS

Uh, you don't think the fact that the company sold the 170s, then turned around and ordered 190s using the same certification, but this time paying mainline wages, while they lay off the mainline 170 people, has anything at all to do with "MidAtlantic"?

Great post, as usual, Fly. You're right on, and this is a strong case, despite the uphill climb. Never underestimate the determination of a group of dedicated people who believe in what they are doing wholeheartedly.

I still fail to see how the 190 order has any impact on MidAtlantic and their lawsuit. *shrug* We will be done and gone before the end of May.

I still fail to see how the 190 order has any impact on MidAtlantic and their lawsuit. *shrug* We will be done and gone before the end of May.
The 170 "division" as it was called flew that a/c. Now the company is going ahead and ordering virtually the same a/c just stretched a bit that will NOW be flown with Mainline pilots and flight attendants. Why wasn't it flown with mainline pilots and flight attendants to begin with if it was not truly a seperate airline on a seperate certificate. Throw in the comment, "midatlantic doesnt exist" and the case just gets stronger. FYI: I know the midatlantic f/a's were truly mainline but just saying....

All very good points. Don't know if this warrants a new post or not, but I heard that the company settled (?) with the pilots (out of court?). Not sure if thats true or what it means, does anyone have any more details? It would be a great act of good faith on behalf of the new management to recognize these employees- they were some of the most loyal ones who will be back and sadly have the bitterness and anger this thing caused. Isn't there enough of that?

They can't do much about the planes, they are gone but flying outsourced which is shady, but that likely wont be forever. The least they could do is give these crews the longevity they deserve (especially since they are handing it our for time served at not-merged yet America West!), and back mainline pay, which would actually be a laughable amount in the sche,e of things. It's worth it to put this situation behind them.

"MidAtlantic" is not going to die, it's feelings of anger, betrayal, being a second class citizen, being lied to for months about Republic taking them, being told they were seperate when they were not... now the added insult of getting the same plane but doing it the right way even though it doesn't help the 170 employees at all... those hard feelings are just going to fester at the lower half of the seniority list forever.

Is it worth dragging it out in court for years? Having hundreds of employees involved in class action against the airline? Maybe I don't see the big picture but it seems like the company can easily put this behind them, and help even furlougheds and junior people focus on the new positives.

Is there a website for people to donate? I heard alot of pilots and FAs have contributed... the ones who were not MDA but know about it.

Why doesn't the union just negotiate, or at least try, with the company to give them thier longevity back with the new merged contract? I know the FAs are owed back pay and all but at least resolving the longevity thing would kind of clear the AFA and the company a bit...

Why does it seem like the AFA has been AGAINST the MDA FAs from the beginning? They went along with the company in acting like it was seperate, making a seperate council and claiming there was a contract that no one could see. They never made it clear to the rest of mainline that this was just a fenced operation with mainline employees, not to mention a total seniority violation. It's like they are trying to screw those FAs. Is there some sort of benefit to the senior FAs to get rid of the junior people? Is there something I'm not seeing?
There is indeed a website where folks can donate to the cause. It is being handled by one of the MDA pilots and we FA's find it very comforting to know that there are other folks out there that believe in our cause. The web site is:
http://www.compulearncomputers.com/