US Non-Rev Dress Code

TravelDude

Advanced
Nov 21, 2003
So, just prior to exiting bankruptcy DL changed thier non-rev dress code. See below will be less issues for agents, but also will make it so non-revs do not feel like they stick out when traveling.

What do you all think of the current US dress code?

Below is the announcement from DL:
Nonrevenue and Reduced Rate/Pass Travel Dress Code - Effective April 15, 2007
The Nonrev Travel dress code gives you and your pass riders the same flexibility as other passengers when deciding what to wear on your nonrev flights. The standard, which applies to all classes of service, is based on respect – for our customers and for you. Delta trusts your good judgment and knows that you will always be good and gracious hosts to our customers, whether on the job or on a nonrev trip. This means that travelers’ overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe.

In addition, allowing nonrev and pass riders to adopt the more casual dress being worn by our customers simplifies the process for our airport personnel. It prevents dress code-related confrontations at the gate which often occur in front of revenue passengers.

The basic rule is that nonrevenue or reduced-rate pass riders will not be denied boarding because of their overall appearance unless the agent would deny boarding to a revenue passenger under the same circumstances. Please note, however, that those who abuse this dress code flexibility are subject to disciplinary action. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your buddy pass riders and Family & Friends guests are aware of our standards.

Nonrevenue and Reduced-Rate Travel Guidelines
The travelers’ overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe. Simply said, if the attire is appropriate for a revenue passenger to wear, then a nonrevenue passenger can wear the same attire.

Appropriate (all classes of travel) Not appropriate (all classes of travel)
Overall appearance should be well-groomed, neat, clean, safe and respectful, from head to toe.
Clothing should be respectful of fellow passengers.
Footwear – shoes are required unless the pass rider is not able to wear footwear due to a disability or physical condition.

Passenger that is (or appears to be) intoxicated
Passenger whose dress violates public decency laws and or community standards (examples include clothing that is sheer or inappropriately revealing or is designated as sleepwear, underwear, or swim attire)
Bare feet
Underwear worn as an outer garment
Clothing that is excessively dirty, stained or torn
Clothing that is vulgar, offensive or suggestive

Examples
A few examples of attire or styles previously not allowed which are now permitted include:

Shorts
T-shirts
Jeans (in first class)
Flip flops
Ball caps

Twenty years ago we were a non rev family of 5. We always looked like we were headed to church instead of vacation! We stuck out like sore thumbs. Till this day I have a hard time putting jeans on to fly, afraid an agent is gonna stop me at the door and not let me on.....

As a f/a, I LOVE IT!! I always felt sorry for employees that stuck out like soar thumbs and were OBVIOUS to all parties to work for the airlines. I have yet to see anthing remotely "inappropriate" and given the trailer trash we carry today, who really cares. Anyone worried about the dress code needs to get a life. Oops, I guess that means me too since I was stupid enough to actually RESPOND to this thread. :lol: :lol:

I have yet to see anthing remotely "inappropriate" and given the trailer trash we carry today, who really cares.

Hillbillies1.jpg

welcome aboard....yaaa-all

only stating opinion

I'm all for a casual dress code when non-reving. We're not supposed to discuss our employment status with passengers anyway, so why would a casual dress send off a poor image to the customer?

Well I recall showing up for a flight, in my kakis (sp) and polo, in hopes of getting the upgrade. Received the upgrade, then was the only person in first not in jeans, granted it was a weekend flight. but it was pretty obvious I was non-rev :(

I just wanted to blend in and look like I belonged up there :)

We changed this last fall. It was nice for a month until the Nazi liquid ban. Now you have to travel in your uniform anyway if you want to bring your stuff. (I dont play with baggies etc).

Till this day I have a hard time putting jeans on to fly, afraid an agent is gonna stop me at the door and not let me on.....

I'm the same way. I always wear my uniform when I non-rev so I can get through security. I could change after I get into the terminal but then my clothes would be all wrinkled. Sometimes when I think about changing into my jeans (nice Ann Taylor jeans, not the ripped, dirty kind) I talk myself out of it out of fear of "not getting on." God forbid if I need to ride the jumpseat! It's the old mindset. I remember about seven years ago when I was wearing a dress in the Summer and I had on some dressy shoes that showed part of my toes. They weren't really sandles that showed my feet, only the end of some toes. I looked very nice, better than everyone else. Well, the agent didn't think so since my toe was showing and that was a no no so I had to change into some close-toed shoes that did NOT even match my pretty dress. It was utterly embarrassing, but the agent was happy that I had on close toed shoes. As soon as I got on I changed shoes.

I'm the same way. I always wear my uniform when I non-rev so I can get through security. I could change after I get into the terminal but then my clothes would be all wrinkled. Sometimes when I think about changing into my jeans (nice Ann Taylor jeans, not the ripped, dirty kind) I talk myself out of it out of fear of "not getting on." God forbid if I need to ride the jumpseat! It's the old mindset. I remember about seven years ago when I was wearing a dress in the Summer and I had on some dressy shoes that showed part of my toes. They weren't really sandles that showed my feet, only the end of some toes. I looked very nice, better than everyone else. Well, the agent didn't think so since my toe was showing and that was a no no so I had to change into some close-toed shoes that did NOT even match my pretty dress. It was utterly embarrassing, but the agent was happy that I had on close toed shoes. As soon as I got on I changed shoes.

I hear ya about the shoes! I was going to seattle a few years ago and had the cutest pair of pointy toed, spiked heel boots on. I spent all day at the airport trying to get on so in between flights I took them off and switched to my tennis shoes (def cute but hurt like h$ll!). The last flight I didnt think I was going to get on either but at the last minute they called me, I had an upgrade that saved me, when I ran up to the podium(?) the agent gave me a boarding pass but then came around the podium and pointed at my shoes and gruffly tore me a new one! I quickly threw the boots on lol! I wasn't trying to get away with anything....what we go thru for the love of cute shoes! lol

Aside from an easy opportunity to poke fun at DL...why is this on the US board? Should we expect every news release from Delta to be posted on here?

Who gives a :censored:

Latest posts