US Pilots' Labor Thread 6/18-6/23-Stay on Topic and Observe the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote Nic! NOT!

I'm not personally angry at all with the Nic, because it doesn't directly affect me. I'm angry at the arrogant, taunting, puerile behavior I've seen from the west from day one. Look at the PHX versus the CLT pilot town hall meetings. That alone is enough to make me sick at the thought of ever sharing a cockpit with a west pilot, just on the chance that I would get one of your 5% a**h***s.

Agreed.

You wont have LOA93 forever, when you enter Section 6 negotiations 60 days before your amendable date and you go through the all the steps of the RLA, the company will be free to impose a new CBA and you will be free to seek self-help, so LOA93 wont live forever.

Look at the PHX versus the CLT pilot town hall meetings. That alone is enough to make me sick at the thought of ever sharing a cockpit with a west pilot, just on the chance that I would get one of your 5% a**h***s.

Are you referring to the meeting where the scraggly haired FO came out to PHX and stated he can circumvent the Nicolau award? Well, we all know how that prophecy turned out! LOL.

Seriously, in one post you say you are angry, in another following you say you aren't really angry. Which is it? Or are you taking the "talk out of both sides of your mouth" approach Snooper does all the time? (I got a kick out of his mob rule manifesto earlier today- that was priceless, and hypocritical.)

Well, if nothing else you certainly are entertaining!

Are you referring to the meeting where the scraggly haired FO came out to PHX and stated he can circumvent the Nicolau award? Well, we all know how that prophecy turned out! LOL.

Seriously, in one post you say you are angry, in another following you say you aren't really angry. Which is it? Or are you taking the "talk out of both sides of your mouth" approach Snooper does all the time? (I got a kick out of his mob rule manifesto earlier today- that was priceless, and hypocritical.)

Well, if nothing else you certainly are entertaining!

For those who can read, speak and understand the English language, I said the Nic did not make me angry. You (plural) make me angry.

Can you possibly fathom the difference? Inquiring minds want to know.

For those who can read, speak and understand the English language, I said the Nic did not make me angry. You (plural) make me angry.

Can you possibly fathom the difference? Inquiring minds want to know.

You seem like an angry person...

What utterly adolescent, and totally predicatable BS. Integrity is what you have when you treat others properly within the workplace, regardless of any/all personal feelings. Integrity is what you have when you refuse to conduct yourself as a petulant and dyspeptic teenager, and completely disrespect the flying profession itself in the process. Integrity is what you have when you do what's Right when dealing with coworkers...regardless of however "surly" you may feel. Integrity is what you have when you place your principles above your personal whims.

Individual pilots flying the line had nothing to do with any arbitration. Only the utmost of completely immature fools would ever seek to imagine themselves as gloriously replete with "integrity" by way of such dealings.

What CAN be done is for all to conduct themselves like supposed professionals, and not sorry little children....but..that would require some actual integrity.
Well, I guess this effectively puts to rest the argument of flying together as a safety issue. You have just self professed to being full of integrity. So you or any east pilot should never have a problem flying with a west pilot.

Gladly that removes that problem.

What utterly adolescent, and totally predicatable BS. Integrity is what you have when you treat others properly within the workplace, regardless of any/all personal feelings. Integrity is what you have when you refuse to conduct yourself as a petulant and dyspeptic teenager, and completely disrespect the flying profession itself in the process. Integrity is what you have when you do what's Right when dealing with coworkers...regardless of however "surly" you may feel. Integrity is what you have when you place your principles above your personal whims.

Individual pilots flying the line had nothing to do with any arbitration. Only the utmost of completely immature fools would ever seek to imagine themselves as gloriously replete with "integrity" by way of such dealings.

What CAN be done is for all to conduct themselves like supposed professionals, and not sorry little children....but..that would require some actual integrity.

And yet, you didn't mention the fact that East agreed to binding arbitration, and then tried to get out of it by forming a phony union to screw the west.

That is the problem, in a nutshell. Deal with it. I thought that being in a union is not about individuals, you know, stick together and all that union propaganda.

Integrity means living up to your agreements, even when they don't turn out your way.

How many recalls/attempts were there over the decade 1995-2005? Leaders not saying what the mod wanted to hear so were turned on by the mob.

The problem with a large group is that there's always the mob mentality faction (give me what I demand and do it now) and the more reasonable faction (convince me why what I want isn't best for me). Of course, we've seen the "after" - the reasonable blame the leaders for being so convincing and the mob blames the leaders for not being convincing enough. Thus it's always the leaders fault no matter which faction.

Everyone wants people in leadership that fit their desires, whether that's shoot straight and tell it like it is or give me what I want. Is it any wonder that what you usually get is the worst of both - leaders who use the mentality of the mob to get what the leaders want since a significant portion of the group will think whatever the leaders do is wrong?

Jim

Speaking of which, didn't the U MEC attempt a recall of Kirtch on the eve of arbitration? I think they did and I got the impression it was designed to send a message to the MC, "DO WHAT WE TELL YOU".

So much for independence.

Driver B)

You are winning the MDA suit? How do you define winning? Nothing has happened for a couple of months. The expert discovery is not due until about November. All of the charges were dropped but one.

So how are you winning?

My prediction: The MDA pilots are going to be disappointed very soon. The allies you thought that you had, disappeared.

Well, no friends in this business. But, just in case you were a USAirways mechanic at the time...here's the form you were to fill out for USAirways to work on their E-170's on their operating certificate...( many will recognize the address at the bottom)

http://www.iam2319.org/pit_maa_application.pdf

So, it seems the MDA mechanics were offered similar situations at USAirways/Mid-Atlantic Airways...

Using your logic, since your west paychecks still say AmericaWest on them....I guess you don't work for USAirways.

Now I get it.

So, it seems the MDA mechanics were offered similar situations at USAirways/Mid-Atlantic Airways...

Perchance you misread...furloughed mainline mechanics were being offered positions at MDA.

"Furloughed employees who accept these immediate employment opportunities at MAA under company-determined pay, rules and benefits, will be subject to the final MAA provisions as bargained with the IAM."

"While the Company currently has on file applications from many furloughed employees for PIT MidAtlantic mechanic or inspector vacancies, we want to extend the opportunity to express interest to other qualified mechanic furloughed employees who may not presently have an application on file."

Jim

US had an MDA Division for mechanics that had an IAM CBA, but in cities like CLT, mainline mechanics and rampers worked the planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back