US Pilots' Labor Thread 9/4 to 9/17--STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK, another week another forum for the pilots to discuss the labor dispute.

I direct your attention to the top of the US Forum for some mandatory reading--the rules.....

Please read them and observe them.

Thank you---and Happy Labor Day Weekend.

Document 613 and two exhibits along with an affidavit filed today by Plaintiffs. $1.8 million in atty's fees.

Beautiful. This is going to get quite expensive for the East going forward. 2010 will be known as the Year of Assessments.

Document 613 and two exhibits along with an affidavit filed today by Plaintiffs. $1.8 million in atty's fees.

Beautiful. This is going to get quite expensive for the East going forward. 2010 will be known as the Year of Assessments.

Congrats Aqua on the filing of claims, there should be toasts aplenty by the pool this Labor Day weekend! By the way, from what I hear, past dues income over the last month alone will more that cover that check, need it ever be written.

I just have to wonder, if Santa comes down the chimney with ashes and coal ...is the 1.8 Million an amount due to cover outstanding legal bills, or simply a repayment to those who have so loyally donated?

Have a wonderful weekend.

RR

It sure seems easy to rationalize the behavior of those “fewâ€￾ pilots last year, especially now. But their actions went way beyond simply messing with phone lines, and anyone lurking on this forum, as I have for years, would know exactly what those actions were.

The simple truth is those “actionsâ€￾ darn near brought down the entire union. I am sure there is applause now confirming the success of the “operations.â€￾ I would like to hear from someone, anyone as to what USAPA could have done in place of the RICO suit that could have brought the same results, as quickly as it did. Those involved in the attacks were given opportunities early and often to not only stop the behavior, but to escape further prosecution once the suit was filed. The RICO was indeed a sledgehammer, but in the early weeks of USAPA it was almost an act of desperation. I guess when you use a Nuke, there is always lingering radiation. A few of the offenders must still be feeling the effects of the bomb, by lashing out at the very union they sought to destroy. Maybe a little remorse is what is really going on.

Back to the Baxter Building, lots to do.

RR

Others of us also know exactly what those actions were to. So does a federal judge in NC. Nonexistent.

Nearly brought the union down. Wow sounds like a pretty weak union if a phone call or a web post on a private web site could have brought down an entire union.
What could have usapa done instead of file a nuclear weapons. Oh I don’t know maybe not create a union with the express purpose of violating the west rights. Yes liable of DFR so the court said it not my opinion.

The opportunities were almost as bad as the RICO itself. Agree that there was a nonexistent conspiracy. Perjure yourself in court by saying that there was. Or face a personal law suit of almost $5 million. Great choice from the brand new union that was supposed to represent and protect the west.

At least it is now admitted that it was an act of desperation. A year ago the individuals were criminals and should be fired according to many on this board. Yes the effects of the bomb. They still have huge legal bills and are still publicly humiliated in the press and in front of their fellow pilots.

That nuclear bomb could have more devastating effects. As usual unintended.

By the way that suit was filed to try and collect over $90 million from the defendants. As someone said. The total bill usapa was willing to settle for was less than $700. That was after spending $240,000.

This was one of the first decisions made by this leadership. The fall out continues from this very poor choice.

Congrats Aqua on the filing of claims, there should be toasts aplenty by the pool this Labor Day weekend! By the way, from what I hear, past dues income over the last month alone will more that cover that check, need it ever be written.

I just have to wonder, if Santa comes down the chimney with ashes and coal ...is the 1.8 Million an amount due to cover outstanding legal bills, or simply a repayment to those who have so loyally donated?

Have a wonderful weekend.

RR

AOL has published a list of donors, with the amounts they have paid. The 1.8 mil will simply fund the collection of much larger sums from the association not fit to sweep the horse dung from the street following the Labor Day parade.

Enjoy your weekend.

By the way, from what I hear, past dues income over the last month alone will more that cover that check, need it ever be written.
At least we'll be off to a good start, as the future awards are going to be several times higher. Like I said, 2010 will be the Year of Assessments.

aqua green, why do you care? your beating of the drum on the cost is endless. It's my money and I support the UNION and will spend my money as I like. Thank you.

aqua green, why do you care? your beating of the drum on the cost is endless. It's my money and I support the UNION and will spend my money as I like. Thank you.

As an aside, which is more enjoyable...?

1. Paying dues that go to ALPA FPL slurpers that deny democratic votes.. or
2. Paying dues that defend democratic votes?

Oh never mind, its not a valid question.. ALPA doesn't have votes. :lol:

He cares, as I care. Our number of members in good standing is growing, and we will demand transparency & accountability! You should pay more attention to the financial ride USAPA is taking you on. Millions spent on fruitless litigation?? Generous officer stipends?? New car purchases (vs. perhaps program cars if you really need to purchase a vehicle)?? Will you care MORE when your union leads you to monthly assessments for damages caused & west legal fees?

You and those like you ARE responsible for Cleary & his gang in office presently. Are you paying attention to where they are leading you? Are you watching how they are spending our money? Have you read ANY of the arbitration or lawsuit transcripts....or do you just read the Cliff notes supplied by USAPA?

What damages? The ones from "improper furloughs" on the west group during seperate operations? (not in accordance with Nic)
The ones that you also named the company in and Wake himself dismissed under seperate ops?

I see. Don't spend that money yet....you're not going to get it.

:lol:
That's what you guys were saying before the trial. That's what you guys were saying with the RICO. That's what you guys were saying before the arbitration. And by the way, USAPA isn't the company. Damages are very much alive and well against USAPA.

This experiment called USAPA is going to be quite expensive for East pilots: years longer on LOA 93, horrendous work rules, and in 2010 we get to enjoy assessments to pay West pilots. And the prize for all of this? Nicolau - IN TOTAL!

Thanks. :D

Edit: And thanks for subsidizing the company through these difficult economic times. It's much appreciated by those of us who have multiple decades left here.

I have to note the fact that USAPA and Cleary have extended more courtesy, professionalism, and respect to the pilots of Amerijet then they EVER have to 40% of their own pilot group.

I have to laugh at the "Labor Day" update from the most hostile, anti-labor organization the West pilots have ever seen in the history of their airline.

They insult our collective intelligence with their paper thin antics.

:lol:
That's what you guys were saying before the trial. That's what you guys were saying with the RICO. That's what you guys were saying before the arbitration. And by the way, USAPA isn't the company. Damages are very much alive and well against USAPA.

This experiment called USAPA is going to be quite expensive for East pilots: years longer on LOA 93, horrendous work rules, and in 2010 we get to enjoy assessments to pay West pilots. And the prize for all of this? Nicolau - IN TOTAL!

Thanks. :D

Edit: And thanks for subsidizing the company through these difficult economic times. It's much appreciated by those of us who have multiple decades left here.
The desperation is palpable. You west pilots keep reminding us how terrible LOA93 is in a vain attempt to describe our lives to us as though we don't know. Thats funny. We know, and we know it's worth it to see that a fair and equitable seniority is reached. And that is not the Nic.
Do elablrate for us all: exactly how does seperate ops for the company differ from seperate ops for the union? You elude that there is a difference, I'd be happy to hear it. You dodged that question the first time around, Metroyet is chattering about Cleary, and the AmeriJet pilots who USAPA is siding with instead of the Army of Leonidas....that's even funnier. Here's a hint: Amerijet pilots haven't tried steadfastly and openly to bankrupt and destoy USAPA: you have.

What damages?

The damages caused by an association of east pilots who specifically took advantage of NMB rules to break the law, and have already been found to have done so.

I would say West chances of getting damages at trial are about 50/50.

I would say east chances of getting pay snapback, " a number very close to zero" S.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.