US Pilots' Labor Thread 9/4 to 9/17--STAY ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the horse is in front of the cart. I was a member, in good standing. My membership was stripped from me by a majority vote in an attempt to strip my seniority.

I am participating. I will participate in every legal means available to me to end the tyrany of the majority. usapa is not a union, it is nothing more than a group of disgruntled malcontents wishing to better their position at others expense.

You lost me on your chain of events because I personally have not made it past "I will never join usapa, nor will I pay". If usapa ever gets around to sending me a section 29 letter, I may not work here much longer, but I will not have contributed to, nor in any way supported, those who do not have the character strength to stand up to their own obligations, wish to better themselves by harming others, and are at the end of the day cowards.

Well, P......, we can make that happen for you since you are so resolute...I think Parker was clear what your fate will be.

Adios.

No the horse is in front of the cart. I was a member, in good standing. My membership was stripped from me by a majority vote in an attempt to strip my seniority.

I am participating. I will participate in every legal means available to me to end the tyrany of the majority. usapa is not a union, it is nothing more than a group of disgruntled malcontents wishing to better their position at others expense.

You lost me on your chain of events because I personally have not made it past "I will never join usapa, nor will I pay". If usapa ever gets around to sending me a section 29 letter, I may not work here much longer, but I will not have contributed to, nor in any way supported, those who do not have the character strength to stand up to their own obligations, wish to better themselves by harming others, and are at the end of the day cowards.

they are not my obligations, remember? "i only had one vote"

Pi,

In fact it did. US is gone, just as sure as PI is gone, PSA is gone, AWA is gone. The name survived, but not the company. Had the Delta deal materialized the name would be gone also. In that attempted takeover, who was going to do the taking over, and at the end of the day what name was going to be the business name, brand recognition for the company?

Most parts of the company that was the original US airways are still here, just like most of the parts that were the original AWA are still here. In that case we are in the same boat. The two companies morphed into something else, but both brought a lot to the table, with US Airways bringing the bigger part. The whole "you were going out of business" argument makes no sense for either side. If my rich uncle was going to leave everything to my cousin, but changes his mind and tells me he will change his will and leave everything to me on Wed., but dies on Tues., am I rich? AWA didn't buy the leftovers of US, it merged with US.

None of it matters now and has no bearing on where we are going.

Like it or not USAPA is the legally elected CBA for US Airways. You can come up with all the reasons why you think they came to be, but the fact is they are your union, and you are required to pay dues. Why is it wrong for USAPA to not follow the rules but okay for you to not follow? I call that situational integrity.

Nic, posturing and posing as to whether or not you will pay your fees is so yesterday.

It is simply a process now, and your angst de jour as to all the reasons you "may" stand your ground would be better played out with your family, not anyone on this board. Your moneys are for all intents on the ledger as a union asset, diluted only by your complete removal from the seniority list.

The best of both worlds would be for you to pay your obligations and become a voting member.

RR

Like it or not USAPA is the legally elected CBA for US Airways. You can come up with all the reasons why you think they came to be, but the fact is they are your union, and you are required to pay dues. Why is it wrong for USAPA to not follow the rules but okay for you to not follow? I call that situational integrity.
Yes usapa is the legal bargaining agent. We are required to pay dues or fees. usapa is also obligated to live up to the former agreements, TA contracts, LOA's and arbitration. Meaning the Nicolau. A court has said so.

Why is usapa still going to appeal?

Situational integrity? Why follow section 29 but not arbitration?

HP, your perception is honest, but not singular. I am sure at least the 3000+ families that lost loved ones on 911 thought the same..they were all on brink of something, anything that would have been better than the outcome of that horrible day. I could rant and rave about the expectations of each airline's employees at the exact moment the first aircraft full of terrorist hit the WTC, but (1) each of our perceptions would be different, and (2) this board has forbidden talk of who saved who.

Hi Reed,

My sole point was to dispute the continuing, but occasional, discussion where the AWA ATSB loan is brought up in a method to attempt to show that AWA was failing in September 2001. It wasn't. It had routine financing agreements in place and a new routine financing agreement due to take effect on 9/12/01. That was my sole point. I also was careful not to discuss the situation at any other airline at that point in time, in parts because I don't have the information available and also because it would not be worth rehashing that discussion at this point in time.

Wow, that's fantastic!! A commuter guy fills out and app, pees in a cup, and becomes a mainline pilot.

Amazing!!!

Schultz, you realize how stupid that sounds?!?!

Did you know that what you wrote actually violates your own CBA with regard to length of service?

Didn't think so.

Man you guys are grasping at straws.

I didn't want to mention it on this board, but to relieve your worries. I can confirm, that yes indeed, they were shown "the secret mainline pilot handshake".

HQ is in Phoenix. It's run by Doug Parker.

What else is there to know? Who cares which carrier did what 4 years ago? The bottom line is BOTH carriers were legally dissolved. There is ONE remaining entity.

The rest of the details are meaningless.

Hi Reed,

My sole point was to dispute the continuing, but occasional, discussion where the AWA ATSB loan is brought up in a method to attempt to show that AWA was failing in September 2001. It wasn't. It had routine financing agreements in place and a new routine financing agreement due to take effect on 9/12/01. That was my sole point. I also was careful not to discuss the situation at any other airline at that point in time, in parts because I don't have the information available and also because it would not be worth rehashing that discussion at this point in time.

Understood. Forgive my 911 rant, I still have a few anger issues about that event.

RR

Time for a new thread.

ENDOFALPA's rant and all posts referring to it have been deleted.

READ THE FIRST POST IN THE NEW THREAD PEOPLE BEFORE POSTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.