US should take a lesson or two from CO in customer service

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
So, CO left SkyTeam on Saturday and joined *A today. They have officially been in *A for less than 24 hours and you can already book award travel online on other *A carriers (including US and UA). It has been how many years since HP started running this joint and you STILL cannot book partner awards online. CO also is giving its OnePass members credit for any *A flights during the transition period--something US would have never done.

That being said, who is flying to Boston next week? You may have the pleasure of serving me. :up:

So, CO left SkyTeam on Saturday and joined *A today. They have officially been in *A for less than 24 hours and you can already book award travel online on other *A carriers (including US and UA).

I'm not able to see this option. I tried to mock book some *A trips at their award reservation link but they all came back with either no options or options on continental and codeshares.

I just tried PHL-PHX in January and got back a bunch of US flights, so maybe there is no availability on the dates you are trying.

I just tried PHL-PHX in January and got back a bunch of US flights, so maybe there is no availability on the dates you are trying.
That's not so comprehensive. It'll be a cold day in July before I book an award ticket PHL-PHX anyway.

Try booking PHL-FRA, PHL-SIN, LAX-BKK, etc. and turning up SQ, Thai, etc. The *A carriers don't all show up like they do on the ANA tool. I don't think the CO booking engine is ready for prime time for those who want to book *A awards. Even a pair like YYZ-FRA which is served nonstop by 2 *A carriers (AC and LH) still routes me down to EWR to take the CO flight over. I checked the same flights on the ANA tool and found availability on some of the same flights.

That's not so comprehensive. It'll be a cold day in July before I book an award ticket PHL-PHX anyway.

Try booking PHL-FRA, PHL-SIN, LAX-BKK, etc. and turning up SQ, Thai, etc. The *A carriers don't all show up like they do on the ANA tool. I don't think the CO booking engine is ready for prime time for those who want to book *A awards. Even a pair like YYZ-FRA which is served nonstop by 2 *A carriers (AC and LH) still routes me down to EWR to take the CO flight over. I checked the same flights on the ANA tool and found availability on some of the same flights.

And how many *A partners can you book online on US? NONE.

I've found dates to FRA out of PHL with flights on US, UA, TP, and AC in addition to CO. I can only book US online for reward travel.

Latest posts

Back