CO backs out of merger, UA/US deal still on?

This is better than "Valley of the Dolls"

soul_valley_dolls.jpg

I'll take the red pill! it goes well with my lip gloss! For some, a chill pill should be the best route! ;)

Don't you get it?

I am East and I'm not going anywhere!

As far as flying you'll get your chance to fly with HP people when they come east to fly international.

It may make picking up those international trips a bit harder for a 1988 DOH.

Again, I'm more "original" than you are.
Well you seem to be hell bent on the ORIGINAL thing...enjoy your self. As far as Hp people transfering east to fly int'l, thats the last thing i'm worried about since i'm senior to 95% of them, and would be happy to fly with them. Senior to me or junior to me. If you are an Eastie..what's your beef? And if you do have more doh than 88, well good for you but that does'nt make you any more " original " US than i am. It just mean's you've been here longer..if that's the case..and that's a big if ,not knowing who you are or what your tru DOH is. Not that i really care one way or the other. There's plenty of good hard working people from both companies..with a few sour apple's mixed in..but there's no reason to bicker about a bunch of crap that does'nt amount to a hill of bean's. And won't change anything any way. The ONLY point to me dealing with you at all, is that we should be treating each other with kindness and respect, something you are obviously lacking. I alowed my self to get side tracked on meaningless crap that from here on out i won't respond to.. Get a better attitude

Well you seem to be hell bent on the ORIGINAL thing...enjoy your self. As far as Hp people transfering east to fly int'l, thats the last thing i'm worried about since i'm senior to 95% of them, and would be happy to fly with them. Senior to me or junior to me. If you are an Eastie..what's your beef? And if you do have more doh than 88, well good for you but that does'nt make you any more " original " US than i am. It just mean's you've been here longer..if that's the case..and that's a big if ,not knowing who you are or what your tru DOH is. Not that i really care one way or the other. There's plenty of good hard working people from both companies..with a few sour apple's mixed in..but there's no reason to bicker about a bunch of crap that does'nt amount to a hill of bean's. And won't change anything any way. The ONLY point to me dealing with you at all, is that we should be treating each other with kindness and respect, something you are obviously lacking. I alowed my self to get side tracked on meaningless crap that from here on out i won't respond to.. Get a better attitude
Welcome to US Aviation/US Air Forum.

Go back a few years and read some of the vitriol thrown around. I'm pretty civil for this place.

As far as being "original", I'm not the one who brought the subject up nor was I the one who trumpeted their own seniority(which seemed aimed squarely at the F/As out west).

I'm sure they will be happy to fly along side you as well.

Bobby, Let me add my Welcome to Aviation along with "Be Careful"'s. We are not rude here, we defend each other sometimes, rant at other times, and ask for help at other times. The ONLY reason I added about who was originall was because YOU mentioned it. Most US employees(or many) are employees due to previous mergers and roll with the punches. We are on the same side. We fight like a family and if you post on this board you will be treated sometimes with courtesy and other times like you have a disease. Its all part of the fun. By the way, it is a free public board and if I choose to post, I have the right to disagree, defend or chastise a poster as long as I abide by the rules. Please continue to post and know that you are a welcome addition to what most call a "dysfunctional" family. B) ;)

Bobby, Let me add my Welcome to Aviation along with "Be Careful"'s. We are not rude here, we defend each other sometimes, rant at other times, and ask for help at other times. The ONLY reason I added about who was originall was because YOU mentioned it. Most US employees(or many) are employees due to previous mergers and roll with the punches. We are on the same side. We fight like a family and if you post on this board you will be treated sometimes with courtesy and other times like you have a disease. Its all part of the fun. By the way, it is a free public board and if I choose to post, I have the right to disagree, defend or chastise a poster as long as I abide by the rules. Please continue to post and know that you are a welcome addition to what most call a "dysfunctional" family. B) ;)
LOL, well thankyou MAMA.. I did get side tracked and my use of the term Original was taken the wrong way. It was'nt mean't to be a slant to other's. It was simply meant that there have been thousands of people brought into the Usair family from other airline's, and i personally have alway's met each new co worker with a possitive attitude. Using infalmatory language and bellittling the worker's from " The Other Side " only make's a bad situation worse and is not necessary. That the beef i had with Be Careful. Whether he's goe's all the way back to allegany is not the point..enought said. I thank you for the welcome party.lol :up:

Cash burn rates and podcast for UA/US merger

US 771 days left of cash
UA 503 days left of cash

"The two worst airlines" "Deal made in hell"

I think there numbers are off though. They also claim Tilton will stay on as CEO.

What these people don't realize is the very reasons they say this is a bad deal are the very reasons why the merger needs to happen. Fares need to increase but in order to do that, capacity needs to be taken out of the system. The number of days left of cash is based on staying solo. So by their interpretation, all we have to do is not merge and UA will liquidate in 503 days and US in 771 days. Combine the airlines, take capacity out, reduce costs and increase fares and you can make two weak carriers into one strong one.