US-UA Apply For Temp. Reallocation Of Brazil Freq.

Speaking of Tokyo...hopefully we can negotiate some NRT or even HND slots with Star partner, NH. Hopefully we'll finally have an Asia route in 2011.

If it is indeed true that they are accelerating delivery of 2 more 332s, this could be a good indication.
If it happens it is going to be interesting which way DP goes EAST vs WEST. Just saying the problem exists with no resolve in site.
Who gets the new A330200 ???????

If it happens it is going to be interesting which way DP goes EAST vs WEST. Just saying the problem exists with no resolve in site.
Who gets the new A330200 ???????
Well, if the contract issues are finally resolved, it won't matter, but we know that ain't happenin' anytime too soon...so since it has been said this route would be done out of PHX, I'm assuming it would go to WEST crews. At least, that makes sense anyway.

Hartsfield-Jackson serves 151 U.S. destinations and more than 80 international destinations in 52 countries.

Charlote Douglas non-stop service to 136 total destinations 29 international..

What does UA get out of this? I can't believe they are doing this out of the goodness of their heart.

They get to keep the frequencies instead of return them to the Brazilian government for offer to other airlines. Note it is a temporary re-allocation. Brazil takes it personally when you are awarded landing rights in Brazil, but then announce you ain't ready to fly them. Better that a Star partner get temporary use of the slots than lose them altogether.

And, IIRC Brazilian landing rights come with a deadline for startup. Maybe the deadline is approaching for UA to start and for some reason they are not ready.

I think US paving the road to an eventual merger. The question is with who?
The way they are running the PHL and CLT hub is very impressive.
Don't worry about being the "ugly gir" even ugly girls with a little make up
and a surgery here and there can look alright

I think US paving the road to an eventual merger. The question is with who?
The way they are running the PHL and CLT hub is very impressive.
Don't worry about being the "ugly gir" even ugly girls with a little make up
and a surgery here and there can look alright
I think your spot on..

Do we have the available aircraft to keep GIG and start GRU? Or will we be getting new aircraft deliveries before the new service? Also, do we really want to keep GIG if we can get GRU? What about EZE? Argentina is a restricted market but there are unclaimed frequencies we could apply for.

Do we have the available aircraft to keep GIG and start GRU? Or will we be getting new aircraft deliveries before the new service? Also, do we really want to keep GIG if we can get GRU? What about EZE? Argentina is a restricted market but there are unclaimed frequencies we could apply for.

Yes they will have enough wide-bodies for the GRU service. They took delivery of 2 A332s this year, and CLT-HNL is about to end so that will be plenty. I think EZE may be a year or two away.

If indeed, the 3 previously delayed 332s have now been rescheduled for later this year, it should provide a wealth of Winter opportunities for long haul. They could even put a pair on the CLT-GIG route - for at least the high season (December - March) and switch them to GRU for the rest of the year. That is, if the routes, via CLT can generate the necessary supporting Economy revenue and premium traffic. It would be doubly exciting if the 3 additions are 332HGWs, which should easily be capable of PHL-NRT and/or PHX-FRA. With the 10 total units, it will be interesting to see if they finally upgrade ATH next season.

Read in the 10Q today that the next widebody aircraft, eight A330-200's, are scheduled for delivery in 2013 and 2014. The 10Q did not mention any other deliveries. Any other information available?

Read in the 10Q today that the next widebody aircraft, eight A330-200's, are scheduled for delivery in 2013 and 2014. The 10Q did not mention any other deliveries. Any other information available?

That would be correct. There will be 12 A320/321 deliveries in the back half of 2011 and an additional 12 in 2012. The next widebody deliveries are not scheduled until 2013, all of this stemming from the plan in fall 2009 to defer debt/payments giving the company's liquidity situation at the time.

Also per Nocella, the targeted launch date for CLT-GRU will be Nov 2011.

Latest posts