USAirways and TPG may make Joint bid for AA

If a private equity firm is involved you can forget about the idea of protecting jobs. Private equity tend to be the most aggressive and value-oriented shareholders out there. They will care even less than US Airways management about protecting AA'ers jobs.

Remember last year, when no one wanted anything to do with USairways. The only thing that has changed is that AA filed for BK. We have a new CEO. He is being needlessly tough on the employees right now, but I don't think the executives had a choice of going into BK, after the APA and APFA were promising restore and more, also the TWU couldn't get a contract passed. The TWU is not known as a wild card.

Crandell wasn't known for being too generous to the employees. Horton has done away with Redding and Brundage which are two of the worst executives in AA history, that's a start.

By trying to get a new CEO, are we only bringing in the next Lorenzo or Icahn to really hurt us. Parker hasn't been able to put America West and USair together successfully after 7 years, it didn't take that long to bring in TWA, I know they were in BK. Would it be better in the long run for AA to emerge by itself merge with a good airline, and let USair die on the vine and pickup it's assets like we should have done with TWA.

I say come out of BK merge with Jetblue and Alaska air have every body merge their seniority one for one and have the strongest airline in the world, rather then a half assed marriage that came about because of bitterness. just my opinion.

Reactions: 8 people
Remember last year, when no one wanted anything to do with USairways. The only thing that has changed is that AA filed for BK. We have a new CEO. He is being needlessly tough on the employees right now, but I don't think the executives had a choice of going into BK, after the APA and APFA were promising restore and more, also the TWU couldn't get a contract passed. The TWU is not known as a wild card.

Crandell wasn't known for being too generous to the employees. Horton has done away with Redding and Brundage which are two of the worst executives in AA history, that's a start.

By trying to get a new CEO, are we only bringing in the next Lorenzo or Icahn to really hurt us. Parker hasn't been able to put America West and USair together successfully after 7 years, it didn't take that long to bring in TWA, I know they were in BK. Would it be better in the long run for AA to emerge by itself merge with a good airline, and let USair die on the vine and pickup it's assets like we should have done with TWA.

I say come out of BK merge with Jetblue and Alaska air have every body merge their seniority one for one and have the strongest airline in the world, rather then a half assed marriage that came about because of bitterness. just my opinion.
Why would they want the AA cancer !

That right there, is some funny Chit...
Comapring Parker to Lorenzo only shows how far out of touch you really are....

Reactions: 2 people
As a 25 yr, employee of AA, I gave in 2003 and the current regime squandered it. As far as I am concerned they had their chance. Time for a new management team!

Reactions: 5 people
except I am not in the industry... but doesn't mean I haven't learned a few things, including basic business fundamentals.
This is US' last gasp... the implications if they fail to acquire AA are enormous. They will drop to an unsustainably small size on the east coast, will have even further oversized hubs using way too many small RJs to be cost efficient compared to DL and WN, and AA as well if they succeed at obtaining a large fleet of 100 seaters, Add in that US' market position in the top east coast markets continues to erode - the slot deal only hastened the process - and it isn't hard to see why US' defenders are so desperate to make an AA acquisition work.
Problem is that they can't answer the question as to HOW a US takeover of AA will yield better economics for AMR creditors or even if US borrows the money to pay off the lenders, a better deal for those lenders compared to what they could get dealing with AA directly.

How the hell do you know what DP did say or not say to the creditors ? Were you their when he met with them?

Reactions: 4 people
Problem is that if the unions lose, every sign around work points to a very difficult time at AA! I haven't heard so much discord and down right disgust and revile for anything AA right now, it is disturbing. I hope AA is smart enough to wait and rethink their disastrous path they are trying to bully their way down. I hope, but I've been here long enough to know that they don't reside in reality. Heck, they can't even keep crew schedulers coming into work at this point. Best part for the employees is that this company has been spiraling down for 10 years with no changes except for the increase in failure payments to management. In that time a lot of people have started another chapter in their life for "when" this disaster reared it's ugly head. No one to blame except Arpey, Horton, BOD et al!

Disclaimer, this is just one persons opinion of what I hear and is not meant to persuade anyone to do anything against the law or harmful to AA.

Reactions: 2 people
except I am not in the industry... but doesn't mean I haven't learned a few things, including basic business fundamentals.
This is US' last gasp... the implications if they fail to acquire AA are enormous. They will drop to an unsustainably small size on the east coast, will have even further oversized hubs using way too many small RJs to be cost efficient compared to DL and WN, and AA as well if they succeed at obtaining a large fleet of 100 seaters, Add in that US' market position in the top east coast markets continues to erode - the slot deal only hastened the process - and it isn't hard to see why US' defenders are so desperate to make an AA acquisition work.
Problem is that they can't answer the question as to HOW a US takeover of AA will yield better economics for AMR creditors or even if US borrows the money to pay off the lenders, a better deal for those lenders compared to what they could get dealing with AA directly.

You aren't in the industry???? Lets leave it at a don't ask-don't tell scenario. You definitely know "the formula" that works in corporate affairs.

US continues to cry merger and the only gain is that their stocks go up. I find it laughable that everyone except US saw a slot swap failure waiting to happen, The only US defenders are those who have no grasp with logic and reality, also known as the US employees.

They can't answer the HOW because the lemmings can only see a cliff they are running towards but can't see the doomsday outcome that follows.

Reactions: 1 person
Problem is that if the unions lose, every sign around work points to a very difficult time at AA!

Which union(s) are you referring to?

Those that voted no or voted yes. Are indicating that the TWU membership as a whole will have a difficult time or just the no voters?

Latest posts