USAirways has briefed AA creditors on takeover plans and they like what they hear .

How about a post merger mess? LOL! We'd have to start integrating the LCC pilots 4,000 numbers down the list. B)

I have yet to meet one AA pilot who thinks this is a good deal. Money matters. Especially post merger when the weak combination would have to make the money needed to garner the support needed to have Parker succeed.. Nobody ever addresses this...

As much as I don't like some of the things he has done Parker aka Doug is a smart guy and the only two CEOs on his level are Anderson and Ayer, Ayer just retired. I know a lot of AA pilots run around with their noses in the air saying, "No way, US Airways." When and if the offer is made think it through, it's your future too.

Now of course, I have/had a hidden agenda, because I think US would have a better survival chance with a merger, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Bean

P.S. What's the simple question?

C'mon, Parker has been saying for YEARS LCC needs to merge.

Ummm... No. He's said there needs to be one more merger, and I believe he's said LCC would consider any merger that would benefit LCC. He never, however, said that LCC needed to merge.

Well it's easy to get the unsecured creditors on board. Something is better than nothing.

LOL!!

And this was unexpected? Go change your underwear.

C'mon, Parker has been saying for YEARS LCC needs to merge. So he sets the stage with his "safe" comment: "We really don't need to merge." just incase any deal falls through. He's been here before.

Since the day of AA's filing all of you have been chomping at the bit to see an offer: How much, when,!?!?!?

And now there's media talk of LCC approaching the UCC... <chuckle> This was unexpected?

Boy would I love to sit down and play Texas hold'em with some of you.

I was guessing the news would report this on the day AA filed its sec 1113c filing, not the day they said "we'll file it in the coming days."

A bit of leverage for labor 'eh?

Now geee... i wonder if we'll see an offer in the Billions in the future? Maybe some of you should start wearing Depends. :lol: :lol:

Want to bet we'll be hearing from the "Other interested" parties in the press before long? :D :D

Why are you so preoccupied with LCC? Relax, it ain't never gonna happen, or it is, and either way we don't control nothing, nada, zip. :lol:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11468235/1/making-the-case-for-a-amrus-airways-merger.html

Well it's easy to get the unsecured creditors on board. Something is better than nothing.
Easier said than done. Parker will have to come up with a plan that gives them a better return than AA's stand-alone plan OR convince AA management before they file a POR for a stand-alone exit from bankruptcy. The first means a ) coming up with the financing without b ) pledging so much to whoever provides the financing that the unsecured creditors get less. Remember - LCC stock isn't trading at $40-$50-$60 a share like during the DL attempt so couldn't be used for equity financing - it'll have to be almost entirely cash, either equity sales of new merged company stock (but not so much to keep the unsecured creditors from getting much new stock) or debt. The second - convincing AA management - pretty much means them being in the same place Lakefield was with US...merge or liquidate. I strongly doubt AA will be in that position.

Jim

Some unions said a merger of AMR and a more successful business could be a positive move.

Tom Hoban, a spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association, said that if his union couldn't reach a consensual labor agreement with AMR as the carrier seeks to rework contracts, the group might be willing to work with new management brought in as the result of a merger.

"We'll consider all options on the table," Hoban said in an interview with Bloomberg. "Whether that means another suitor that's capable of bargaining effectively, I don't know. That scenario hasn't presented itself yet."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=585&articleid=20120324_45_E1_CUTLIN982265&allcom=1

Easier said than done. Parker will have to come up with a plan that gives them a better return than AA's stand-alone plan OR convince AA management before they file a POR for a stand-alone exit from bankruptcy. The first means a ) coming up with the financing without b ) pledging so much to whoever provides the financing that the unsecured creditors get less. Remember - LCC stock isn't trading at $40-$50-$60 a share like during the DL attempt so couldn't be used for equity financing - it'll have to be almost entirely cash, either equity sales of new merged company stock (but not so much to keep the unsecured creditors from getting much new stock) or debt. The second - convincing AA management - pretty much means them being in the same place Lakefield was with US...merge or liquidate. I strongly doubt AA will be in that position.

Jim

I'm sure you are correct. I was only referring to the Unsecured Creditors. Those people/companies that only get what's left over after the judge says who gets paid first. If Doug P. has a plan that gives them 2% more than we can be certain they will go with his plan. The hard part will be to get all the secured creditors on board and the employees. Maybe Doug has a learnt a lesson or two from the AWA-US failed merger and the US-Delta. He may have a trick up his sleeve, who knows. We did have some senior US Airways management on one of our regional flights and they were telling us that going to Airways would be the best thing we could do for our careers. This was after i refreshed their memory of the 60% pay cut and 1 week vacation and commuting to PHL to fly a 190 right seat, yada yada yada....They still think that Airways is the place to be. Not sure how much to read into it.

...We did have some senior US Airways management on one of our regional flights and they were telling us that going to Airways would be the best thing we could do for our careers. This was after i refreshed their memory of the 60% pay cut and 1 week vacation and commuting to PHL to fly a 190 right seat, yada yada yada....They still think that Airways is the place to be. Not sure how much to read into it.

Read into it? Maybe its not too clear, but for sure, they weren't pretending to be South West management.