US Air to Address Creditors on Takeover plan

You believe the same . Doesn't mean everybody else believes the same . And what you believe and what may happen is totally two different things . But hey , you may be right once all is said and done . If not , I certainly look forward to working a trip with you and go down for some beers lol !
Let me get this straight. You think DAL would have been better off without NW,.... and better off than they are now with LCC?

Put the bong away...

Care to take a stab at the economic elephant in the room that Jim, FWAAA, and others have been talking about??

Let me get this straight. You think DAL would have been better off without NW,.... and better off than they are now with LCC?

Put the bong away...

Care to take a stab at the economic elephant in the room that Jim, FWAAA, and others have been talking about??
God dude really ?? I am not talking about DL/US I am talking about AA/US . You are really taking all of this s#it way too seriously . Take a chill pill . There is nothing you or I can do to prevent or make something happen . I will even buy first round . Looks like you need a few ..

It seems that only the US Air folks coming over here think it is a good idea, I don't see to many AA'ers sounding interested.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems that only the US Air folks coming over here think it is a good idea, I don't see to many AA'ers sounding interested.
I don't expect the AA 'ers to be happy or interested but they have no say in what happens . Just like the US people have no say in what happens . It's all upto the creditors . They could say yes or they could say no . Both sides are fighting on here as if we could stop or approve a combination .

It would seem the creditors might think the US Air position is one of desperation, meaning they will figure out sooner than you think that AA alone is quite a gem, but AA+USA only benefits USA, and dilutes AA potential value.

A 1113c cramdown is still better than AA+LCC. Absent a deal with AA, LCC is in dire straits.
Just in case there are any doubts, the 1113c cramdown probably can't be stopped by LCC anyway. So the question is really, cramdown and then LCC or just cramdown and we'll figure how to make it work from there.
And I can provide a PO Box for the gift card.

Doug Parker knows without the support of the employees, this deal is done. I applaud the employees of Delta for opposing the merger with US. The acquisition of US air was a disaster.

Doug Parker knows without the support of the employees, this deal is done. I applaud the employees of Delta for opposing the merger with US. The acquisition of US air was a disaster.
From my point of view, there are not many AA employees for a merger with US. We are still dealing with the TWA mess and surely don't want to go there again.
Just my 2 cents.

Just in case there are any doubts, the 1113c cramdown probably can't be stopped by LCC anyway. So the question is really, cramdown and then LCC or just cramdown and we'll figure how to make it work from there.
And I can provide a PO Box for the gift card.
I can provide an address as well lol !!

From my point of view, there are not many AA employees for a merger with US. We are still dealing with the TWA mess and surely don't want to go there again.
Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. You certainly don't want Doug Parker involved. He may be able to put the deal together and profit from it. He's a lousy leader. Just a numbers guy who is not able to manage anything but debits and credits.

Wow like Horton is any better .

You are one of those Easties looking for another nest to crap in, aren't you?

I'll bet you want a bailout. If you do, you might as well go plant your butt on Wall Street just like those who are sitting there protesting capitalism.

I don't expect the AA 'ers to be happy or interested but they have no say in what happens . Just like the US people have no say in what happens . It's all upto the creditors . They could say yes or they could say no . Both sides are fighting on here as if we could stop or approve a combination .
Fabulously false. AA employess are represented with three seats on the UCC. It is good business for AA employees to pay attention to the process and make their opinions known to their representatives. Employees can and have have success in steering the process, like the DAL employees did in their successful "no thank you Parker" campaign. The more you spout you're "la la la we're gonna merge" BS without supporting logic only serves to make AA'ers question -why- it would be a good thing. Sure, on paper, playing "you can't get somebody fro RIC to JAX" appears to have merit, but when you try to support that arguement with 38,000 LCC employees, a VERY expensive route structure and a post merger debt load that would re-sink the titanic, the wheels come off.

So, etops1, keep running yer mouth. There may be a few AA employees out there that think it may be a good thing..Its good for business. :)