US Air to Address Creditors on Takeover plan

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/morning_call/2012/03/us-airways-to-brief-creditors-on.html?ana=yfcpc

I hear the footsteps, and they're gettin close...
Lots of rumble in the media recently...
American Airways, here we go.......

I hear the footsteps, and they're gettin close...
Lots of rumble in the media recently...
American Airways, here we go.......
Do you think they will be successful?

Sidebar: What do you think of our anniversary plane? Ge 11:1-3, Re 13:17

http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=img_ctrl&img=1078&file=med

Like the US Airways executive said the other day, without AA employees on board with a merge - the the chances are slim to none that it could successfully be accomplished. From where I'm sitting, I don't see anyone at AA supporting a merge with anyone. One look at the unsecured creditors committee will show no less than 4 automatic NO votes on that deal.

Reactions: 1 person
Like the US Airways executive said the other day, without AA employees on board with a merge - the the chances are slim to none that it could successfully be accomplished. From where I'm sitting, I don't see anyone at AA supporting a merge with anyone. One look at the unsecured creditors committee will show no less than 4 automatic NO votes on that deal.
They’ve never been successful before. There is no reason to think they will be now. :rolleyes:

Close but no cigar.

Now, you think employees have this much power? Have you read the latest from AA and from APFA? They talk past each other. :angry: We seem to be going nowhere fast. :blink:

I think you should hold onto that though until After the Judge imposes the companies wish list upon you. That may shed a different light on things. After that what US has to offer will appear as a gold nugget to you boys over at AA. Sad to see that most of you have no clue as to how bad things are, or where labor sits during bk. On top of that you are even foolish enough to think that you still have a say in what is done. Good luck to all.....

Reactions: 3 people
You get it.

With the DAL/NWA merger, there was a foundation in place with SkyTeam.. SkyTeam, DAL/NWA have been functioning since 2004. The networks were VERY complimentary pre-merger.

Same with UAL/CO. Large international presence on both Atlantic and Pacific sides of the US, like DAL/NWA.

Attach the LCC network to AA and look at what needs cut. AND, there will be cuts, mostly to the portions LCC brings to the dance.

So the choices faced by the AA people are: Do we do a deal with LCC, integrate seniority lists, Hope that the "synergies" created by the High cost+ high cost operations generate enough $ to keep us afloat and guarantee the pay raises that will surely be promised by Parker and Co....wait for the cuts that will be required, and watch AA jobs wash down the drain to be replaced by LCC jobs?

Or, wait and have a look at the offers in the pipe....

Or, come to a negotiated agreement with AA, and position ourselves better going forward.

A merger with LCC would be a disaster for the AA employees, and debilitating post merger with the cuts needed to make it work. Not to mention it would do NOTHING for us in NYC and LAX.

I think you should hold onto that though until After the Judge imposes the companies wish list upon you. That may shed a different light on things. After that what US has to offer will appear as a gold nugget to you boys over at AA. Sad to see that most of you have no clue as to how bad things are, or where labor sits during bk. On top of that you are even foolish enough to think that you still have a say in what is done. Good luck to all.....
Any imposition by the judge will be short lived. Any offer sweet enough to get our support from Parker will sink the combined company.

FWIW, both DAL and NWA came to agreements. No reason to believe AA and its unions will do otherwise. You might want to check what you imply are facts.

http://project7alpha.com/wp1/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Delta1113_opener_vs._loa_51.pdf
http://project7alpha.com/wp1/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20060413-NWA-ALPA-Across-the-Table-1113c_TA-comparison.pdf

AA+LCC is a bad deal for AA employees, no matter how you slice it.

Ok fellas, hang in there. Maybe you can shrink some during bk, while DL & UA grow at your expense. Then afterwards you can show them up with all your pretty new a/c. US may do nothing for Nyc & lax, but you fail to see past that. Combined they will be bigger than the competition, and they can deploy the combined fleet wherever they wish. I don't recall US or any other bk carrier going to the judge asking to wipe out their cba' s. Your company is desperate, and running out of time fast. Virtually no progress has been made with any labor group since bk in November. Come on, wake up already.

“I think you should hold onto that though until After the Judge imposes the company’s wish list upon you…”
Does he like chocolate chip cookies? <_<
“That may shed a different light on things. After that what US has to offer will appear as a gold nugget to you boys over at AA…”
Fool’s gold ;)

“Sad to see that most of you have no clue as to how bad things are…”
We know how bad things are. We see the bickering between the company and the union everyday. The union is right when it says: “American has no interest in achieving a constructive relationship with labor, based on trust and respect. Instead, it is perpetuating its long-standing practice of preferring contention over consensus--”and I am not big on unions.

We don’t believe that US Air is the answer. :rolleyes:

“…[Y]ou are even foolish enough to think that you still have a say in what is done.”
We are minions waiting to see what the higher ups can resolve. :)

“Good luck to all...”
Thank you. I can tell you mean it. :blink:

Ok fellas, hang in there. Maybe you can shrink some during bk, while DL & UA grow at your expense. Then afterwards you can show them up with all your pretty new a/c. US may do nothing for Nyc & lax, but you fail to see past that. Combined they will be bigger than the competition, and they can deploy the combined fleet wherever they wish.

Not only does US not bring any significant revenue in NYC or LAX, it brings no significant revenue gain in any key business market in the USA except for WAS and PHL. No huge revenue in BOS, NYC (thanks to the slot giveaway with DL), MIA, CHI, SFO, SEA or ATL. No significant presence in Texas. Yes, a huge hub in North Carolina and a shared presence with WN in PHX. Yes, AA's problems in competing against UA and DL is that it doesn't have a huge hub (with low O&D) in CLT or a hub in Arizona.

I don't recall US or any other bk carrier going to the judge asking to wipe out their cba' s. Your company is desperate, and running out of time fast. Virtually no progress has been made with any labor group since bk in November. Come on, wake up already.
Then you weren't paying attention at US, where the mechanics' contract was abrogated by the judge. 700UW has posted about it like, maybe, 700 times since November. Nor were you paying attention at NW, where the FA contract was abrogated by the judge. Nor were you paying attention at the other airlines where, under threat of abrogation, the workgroups reached conessionary agreements.

Ok fellas, hang in there. Maybe you can shrink some during bk, while DL & UA grow at your expense. Then afterwards you can show them up with all your pretty new a/c. US may do nothing for Nyc & lax, but you fail to see past that. Combined they will be bigger than the competition, and they can deploy the combined fleet wherever they wish. I don't recall US or any other bk carrier going to the judge asking to wipe out their cba' s. Your company is desperate, and running out of time fast. Virtually no progress has been made with any labor group since bk in November. Come on, wake up already.
Just submit already! You have no choice! This will only hurt for a little while! It is your destiny!

Its funny you say that time is running out.. it's not. And we're well aware of the clock. You fail to comprehend how long it would take to integrate LCC, and how quickly new metal is scheduled to arrive at AA.

And for redeploying LCC's fleet... Well sunshine, what does that do to the LCC network? Do we really need "U" specifically or network enhancements that could be accomplished quicker, cleaner and without the lingering hostilities and expenses of a LCC combination?
:D

I guess if you don't see anything wrong with the company asking the court to wipe out 9 CBA's, then I'm missing something. You guys have been sitting idle for nearly 4 months watching the house burn down, and haven't decided to call the fire dept. yet. Only time will tell how this all works out, and it's becoming very obvious that Horton has no real long term plan in place. Lots of new A/C on order is not enough to cement a bright future for AA, but he has most of you fooled as I can see. Market share, and being able to have one less competitor will enable stable control of long term ticket prices, thus a more profitable industry overall.

I guess if you don't see anything wrong with the company asking the court to wipe out 9 CBA's, then I'm missing something. You guys have been sitting idle for nearly 4 months watching the house burn down, and haven't decided to call the fire dept. yet. Only time will tell how this all works out, and it's becoming very obvious that Horton has no real long term plan in place. Lots of new A/C on order is not enough to cement a bright future for AA, but he has most of you fooled as I can see. Market share, and being able to have one less competitor will enable stable control of long term ticket prices, thus a more profitable industry overall.
So where does that leave U?

I clearly understand your desperation.

For every reason you've listed, what are LCC's options going forward?

The not yet realized full potential of the CO/UA combination... Same for DAL.. LUV bolstering with AirTran..

I'm looking at all of these things and LCC+AA STILL doesn't make sense to me..

Latest posts