US Air to Address Creditors on Takeover plan

I am not even going to respond to that because your not worth it <_<

I think you just did, LOL.

You seem to be worried about West crews in in PHL. Don't you have more important things to worry about?

I'll remind you of your recent post:

Are west crews working east metal ?
etops1 Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

"I just walked by the SAN flight in PHL. And noticed it was flt 155 . The aircraft was a 321 tail number 174 with GE engines . Isn't that an east plane with a west flight number ?"

I'm in PHL on a regular basis, I'll wave. Just look for the AW on the tail. If not, West metal is also N507AY, N521UW, N524UW, N535UW, 524UW, N508AY, N519UW, N534UW, N541UW, N509AY and N520UW.

See you soon!

You seem to be worried about West crews in in PHL. Don't you have more important things to worry about?

"I just walked by the SAN flight in PHL. And noticed it was flt 155 . The aircraft was a 321 tail number 174 with GE engines . Isn't that an east plane with a west flight number ?"

I'm in PHL on a regular basis, I'll wave. Just look for the AW on the tail. If not, West metal is also N507AY, N521UW, N524UW, N535UW, 524UW, N508AY, N519UW, N534UW, N541UW, N509AY and N520UW.
Listen A-hole, I am surely not a West hater nor do care what west people do . I have a lot of friends out west and treat them with the respect that all of us deserve . I recently just worked a flight from Europe and upgraded a west pilot to envoy because no matter where he is based , he is one of us in my book .it could have been you . Who knows . . So you can take your comment and shove it up your ass . I am not that guy . I was merely just asking a question because the board at the gate was displaying the wrong info and as you probably saw I corrected my self . I know which metals are west and which are east smart ass .
And as for AAviator , the only one running their mouth is your ass . You guys talk a lot of smack behind a computer . Would love to see if you will do that to someone when your in font of them . And east cheats, any time you want to come say hi to me in Phl your more than welcome . I will be working MAD on Saturday and then Manchester on the 10 . Come stop by and lets talk <_<

Fabulously false. AA employess are represented with three seats on the UCC

Yep. Employees hold 3 of 9 seats. All they need to do is sway two of the other creditors to their side, which might not be too difficult. I'm sure Boeing and the PBGC are quite enamored with how USAir treated them in their two bankruptcies.

Not sure about Wilmington, Bank of NY Mellon, or Manufacturers & Traders.

HP is the only company I see on the list which might be a proponent of a US takeover, since they'd want to keep them on US's cutting edge SHARES platform....

Reactions: 1 person
Fabulously false. AA employess are represented with three seats on the UCC. It is good business for AA employees to pay attention to the process and make their opinions known to their representatives. Employees can and have have success in steering the process, like the DAL employees did in their successful "no thank you Parker" campaign. The more you spout you're "la la la we're gonna merge" BS without supporting logic only serves to make AA'ers question -why- it would be a good thing. Sure, on paper, playing "you can't get somebody fro RIC to JAX" appears to have merit, but when you try to support that arguement with 38,000 LCC employees, a VERY expensive route structure and a post merger debt load that would re-sink the titanic, the wheels come off.

So, etops1, keep running yer mouth. There may be a few AA employees out there that think it may be a good thing..Its good for business. :)

I am not saying we are going to merge .. I am saying that it could or could not happen . You think I am so sure It will happen . Why are you so sure it won't? Because you say so? Because you have direct access to the creditors committee ? If you do , and you have some insider info then good for you ? But you don't because you wouldn't be on here posting the crap you do . Crap that is solely your biased opinion . Because you simply cannot stand the idea of a US/AA merger . It makes you cringe at the thought of it . You post more about it on te US and AA boards than anyone else . Talking all the #### you can about it . Posting your reasons as to why it won't and cannot happen . Bla, bla, bla.. You nor as do I have no control of which way this will go . You know why I don't post my reasons as to why I think it could happen ? Because it doesn't matter what I think or how I think . And thry are my opinions . And we all know opinions are like A-holes . They all stink and everyone's got one . So I guess thats why I always smell something stinky when I read your post . Have a good night . Can someone please pm me how I can ignore this fool? Because he is simply not worth my time . I would gladly read WT posts any day than to read this guys garbage . <_<

US's SHARES B CRS is just a step or two removed from the disaster taking place at UA right now with SHARES A, so no, I wouldn't bank on a whole lot of the information you might find in other systems being reported.
What is the difference between SHARES A & SHARES B hands down sabre is far better than SHARES/QIK for knowledgeable seasoned front line employees .Are there good/bad behind the scenes differences between the two?

Top left corner of the page,
Click on your user name, then manage ignored users, enter name, done.

Thank you.

Shares is by far the biggest POS ever. It is the worst airline res system in the industry It does nothing well. I hope for a merger just to get SABRE back.

See you soon!

It appears like USairways pilots argue over who fly's into PHL, or what use to be US routes, and correct me if i'm wrong, the US guys don't like the fact that former america west pilots are captains while former US guys are still on the street with more seniority then the the AW captains. So I'm reading into this that the US pilots want the laid off US pilots to be recalled and take the captain position of the AW pilots and I guess that would move the AW pilots to the street? And the US FA's don't want do give any work rule up to get a new contract that would bring the AW FA's up to their pay scale (which i agree with, USairways should make everybody the same without creating division in the ranks).It's like these executives never had any kids, or went took a business ethics course.

How would AA's pilots and FA's be worked in there, there is a big fence around the 777 that no TWA pilot will ever fly at AA and all the TWA FA's have been laid off? It seems like a big mess, that will not be straitened out AFTER the merger, all these issues need to be worked out and voted on by both airline employees BEFORE any merger other wise there will be YEARS of no merger benefits like USairways has now.

It appears like USairways pilots argue over who fly's into PHL, or what use to be US routes, and correct me if i'm wrong, the US guys don't like the fact that former america west pilots are captains while former US guys are still on the street with more seniority then the the AW captains. So I'm reading into this that the US pilots want the laid off US pilots to be recalled and take the captain position of the AW pilots and I guess that would move the AW pilots to the street? And the US FA's don't want do give any work rule up to get a new contract that would bring the AW FA's up to their pay scale (which i agree with, USairways should make everybody the same without creating division in the ranks).It's like these executives never had any kids, or went took a business ethics course.

How would AA's pilots and FA's be worked in there, there is a big fence around the 777 that no TWA pilot will ever fly at AA and all the TWA FA's have been laid off? It seems like a big mess, that will not be straitened out AFTER the merger, all these issues need to be worked out and voted on by both airline employees BEFORE any merger other wise there will be YEARS of no merger benefits like USairways has now.

Something is being promised to someone at APFA apparently...maybe Parker is throwing his own under the bus.

http://www.swelblog.com/articles/us-airways-at-the-masters-trying-to-win-on-thursday.html

Duke,

Where do I start? There are 4600 pages on the US Airways forum, pilot thread. There was an arbitration to settle the seniority dispute a list which was produced and accepted by the company. A union was formed by the East pilot group to evade an agreement made while both pilot groups were repensented by ALPA. There was a trial, (because a union was formed that does not fairly represent a third of the pilot group) a jury found in favor of the West pilot class. It was appealed, the 9th Circuit said we recognize the West pilot group has a gun pointed at your head, bring the case back when you have a body. We already have West pilots furloughed who were actively flying prior to the acquistion in 2005. 1800 East pilots furloughed at that tiime were recalled. We refer to them as angry FO's. They had career expectations and plenty of time to think about these expectations as they sat on the sidelines while their airline crumbled under bankruptcy.

Here comes Doug Parker and America West Holdings to the rescue. Some marketing wiz thought that keeping the name US Airways was a great idea. East propaganda will have you think just because US Airways is on the side of the aircraft, they bought America West and moved the HQ to Tempe. Bunk...

It is very hard for some employees of a so-called legacy carrier to digest that a 23-year old company at that time bought their ass-ets. Correction, liabilies. Back to AA, these US Airways merger, Legacy wanna be merger cheerleaders know that US Air was a collection of regional airlines. They are like the little kid wanting to be like big brother. A real major carrier, not a airline with a weak European route structure at best.

All this merger talk is just that, talk. I wish AA employees the best on working through your problems, not further complication by adding US to the mix.

Reactions: 2 people
Duke,
1800 East pilots furloughed at that tiime were recalled. We refer to them as angry FO's.
Without addressing the issues in this post there are only 1100 West members (total) in good standing and eligible to vote.

You do the math and form your own opinions.

Without addressing the issues in this post there are only 1100 West members (total) in good standing and eligible to vote.

You do the math and form your own opinions.

I've formed my opinion and I have come to the conclusion we have the numbers to keep DOH off our property since 2005.

Do the math. How many years is that?

Reactions: 2 people
Something is being promised to someone at APFA apparently...maybe Parker is throwing his own under the bus.

http://www.swelblog.com/articles/us-airways-at-the-masters-trying-to-win-on-thursday.html

I'm sorry, but how dumb can one union be??!

I don't see where ANY of us have anything to gain from a US Airways merger. Unless you count lower seniority, worse work rules and lower pay.

What's in it for us?

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/video/11486163/they-just-dont-get-us-airways.html?cm_ven=YAHOOV&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA&s=1

I'm sorry, but how dumb can one union be??!

I don't see where ANY of us have anything to gain from a US Airways merger. Unless you count lower seniority, worse work rules and lower pay.

What's in it for us?
There is nothing in it for employees except more pain. Mergers are not about or for employees or even for the "company". Mergers are about putting a lot of money in the right persons pockets.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts