USAirways is now an AA Creditor !

Told you that US Airways executives are slimy.

This is just absolutely the slimiest possible way to weasel your way into significance. Its like having a stalker show up on your property in the middle of the night. A stalker that just wont go away.

The actions of the US Airways executive team are just beyond creepy.

Kinda reminds me of that movie "Fatal Attraction" with Glenn Close's character insisting that they belong together.

Told you that US Airways executives are slimy.

This is just absolutely the slimiest possible way to weasel your way into significance. Its like having a stalker show up on your property in the middle of the night. A stalker that just wont go away.

The actions of the US Airways executive team are just beyond creepy.

Kinda reminds me of that movie "Fatal Attraction" with Glenn Close's character insisting that they belong together.

Did they do anything illegal? Anything that another airline wouldn't do if they were in the hunt? Do you think that AA wouldn't pull the same move if they were in position to do so?
I think that is was a smart move to see some of AA's numbers.

think that is was a smart move to see some of AA's numbers.

You'd think it was a smart move if Parker started calling in bomb threats against all AA's flights and he was hauled off to jail - for the second time...

1 - this puts US in the same line to see "some of AA's numbers" as the hotels owed money for crew overnights - nothing to see until AA is ready to reveal it. Then the UCC and Judge get first crack at it. Only if they OK it does it go to the other unsecured creditors for a vote. Parker can't see the front of the line from the position this "investment" buys him.

2 - US is on the list of other carriers that AA has said it will consider. All Parker has to do is agree not to use AA's privileged info for competitive purposes if there isn't an AA/US merger. Of course, AA also gets to see US' numbers and maybe that's what Parker is really afraid of - AA shooting holes in Parker's house of cards...

Jim

2 - US is on the list of other carriers that AA has said it will consider. All Parker has to do is agree not to use AA's privileged info for competitive purposes if there isn't an AA/US merger. Of course, AA also gets to see US' numbers and maybe that's what Parker is really afraid of - AA shooting holes in Parker's house of cards...

Jim

Horton is blowing smoke..he's got his head in the clouds pretending like nothing's wrong... The mechanics are probably going to vote down their 2nd attempt at a contract...the labor problems alone will be their downfall. US seniority issues got nothing on the apathy and poor morale at AA.

Of course, AA also gets to see US' numbers and maybe that's what Parker is really afraid of - AA shooting holes in Parker's house of cards...

I've been involved in due diligence efforts. The one doing the buying doesn't need to show the one being bought their internal numbers.

Hi everyone!!! Yes, I've been gone a long long time. Retirement isn't what I thought it would be though it did allow me to be with my Mom for a month before she went to heaven and thanks to all who helped me get there standby. The FA's were so kind and gentle with me and showed so much compasion when I was so visibly shaken about making the trip. Thanks everyone who helped me get through this.
Now, what exactly does being a creditor mean? Will the merge go through ? and what about our retirement benefits?
Thanks everyone. Drifterreno is still around!!!

I've been involved in due diligence efforts. The one doing the buying doesn't need to show the one being bought their internal numbers.

Correct, but AA is going to be talking to potential merger partners and not buyers per se. I doubt that AA will make information available to potential partners that could be used against it unless the potential partner was willing to do the same or at least guarantee that it wouldn't use that info for competition purposes. It's not like US was in BK2, looking for a life preserver to be thrown it's way and revealing it's books was the requirement. AA seems perfectly content to exit bankruptcy own it's own and then possibly merge. It's not going down for the 3rd time looking for anyone to save it.

Jim

You'd think it was a smart move if Parker started calling in bomb threats against all AA's flights and he was hauled off to jail - for the second time...

1 - this puts US in the same line to see "some of AA's numbers" as the hotels owed money for crew overnights - nothing to see until AA is ready to reveal it. Then the UCC and Judge get first crack at it. Only if they OK it does it go to the other unsecured creditors for a vote. Parker can't see the front of the line from the position this "investment" buys him.

Jim

Yup.

Jim

Thanks for the insult there Jim, I had expected better of you.. At one time I enjoyed your input here, but it has become clearly evident that nothing US does will ever pass muster with you. It appears as if you are just another one of the bitter Old Piedmont guys that still hasn't been able to cope with the US takeover nearly 23 years ago. I to realize that things haven't gone well since that time, but have no option but to accept and deal with what things are today. I place anger and blaim on the former CCY Management crew for what was lost, not Parker and HP. Unlike yourself, I have seen my job outsourced, spent some time on furlough, and finally had to relocate my family in order to remain employed. What amazes me, it whatever path US/Parker may take have NO effect on you given that you are retired. I'm sure that if you were still flying, that you would have a bit more concern for the overall well being and stability for the airline as well as the thousands of employess than depend their income from US. If a Merger with AA will ensure a more stable future for a MAJORITY of the employees,then so be it. Jobs have been lost at US, jobs will be lost at AA with or without this merger. If it happens less will be lost, and more may have an opportunity to return in due time.
I can only hope that once I'm retired, that I don't spent countless hours of my free time lurking an posting on a website that addresses issues with a job that I no longer have.

Latest posts

Back