USAirways needs to do more to support our military......

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
We are getting an overwhelming number of calls from military who have scheduled a visit to travel home before deployment overseas, have purchased a non-ref fare..have not started travel yet...and there military orders have changed they still want to travel home either a day earlier or later...and I can't believe that before travel USAirways will not work with them with out CF and AC...I find this very sad...we should be doing everything to support our military....with a copy of their military orders.

Has US changed the rules about military orders. Seems I remember with a copy of their orders--they're easy to get--they could make changes or canx with no fees. Check again--I think they can do that. Good luck

Unfortunately the rules had changed awhile back, they can now cancel entire trip and get a credit voucher for future travel...other option can only change dates after they have originated with copy of orders without a fee...unfortunately not before...for most it would mean an extra day or two with family before deployment..before origination...without spending a large sum of money.

It is sad how US handles the military. I can remember how high the last minute MIL fares were when I was still working. I know that my friends and I at IND res would document names and times and send complaint after complaint about them. US should be taking the revenue wherever they can get it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/14/2003 12:26:27 PM drifterreno wrote:

AND--no one except me seemed to understand the military medical emergency fare.
----------------
[/blockquote]
If I recall, it was coined MEL fare, i.e. 'M'ilitary 'E'mergency 'L'eave, lowest excursion fare waiving adv. purchase. Copy of orders indicating an emergency, not medical documentation as in the med fare, was needed for this. Right?

It really saddens me to think my son and daughter-in-law (who are both in the service) are putting their lives on the line to fight not only for their country but for Mr Siegal, and he vould care less. When we go to war, there will be some casualties and some of those kids could have usef that extra time to be with their loved ones

YEA severed!!! You got it. I had a heck of a time whenever I needed to use it in varifying the fare in sabre. But I became an expert in that fare and it seemed I was the only one that ever got it.
Someone should start sending emails to Dave about this terrible thing they're doing to our military. Getting a copy of the orders are no trouble for the military man/woman and I think it would be great pr for the company. I know when my Dad came home from the war--Korean--and TWA--at that time flying troops and helping the men get home--he would not fly any other airline for quite a while. COME ON DAVE--MAKE USAIRWAYS TRULY REPRESENT OUR COUNTRY!!

US Airways certainly does *not* need to do more for the military.

They owe their change penalties just like anyone else does. And they certainly should not get any special fares just because they are about to go to war. Orders changed...tough luck...thats what you get for signing your life away.

tw--all I can say to you is you need to leave this country and go live somewhere like Iraq or France. Better yet try Russia. Didn't your parents ever teach you Patritotism?? Didn't they ever teach you to look out for your "brother"?? AND didn't they ever teach you mannors??? If you can't say something nice then shut up!!! Some of us had loved ones who gave their lives for your freedom and I for one will fight to the end to protect that freedom. Just think how you'd feel if you had had friends or relatives in one of the twin towers. Ah heck--you make me so mad I could strangle you so now just go away. I will not respond to any more of your stupid remarks.

Hey tw
Your compassion is underwhelming. These young men and women are willing to lay down their lives for your freedom, so please extend to them every courtesy you are allowed to.

"Leave it alone and it will go away"
Someone wants our attention since no one else will give it any.
Let me grab my BDU's out and kick his a**..that will show him some American Patriotism and have respect for those of us who leave our loved ones behind so his sorry butt can wimp out and enjoy the freedom we are dying for
Have a nice day

You know people, honestly, I did not mean to offend anyone. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I respectfully believe that the military should not be extended any special benefits. Patriotism is one thing--acting in complete disregard to the rest of the world is another.

I find it strange that all of you are so compassionate for the soldiers and seemingly in support of a war. It could likely cost you your jobs!

The Terrorists and poor management have already cost us our jobs.
Soooo do you also believe that no one should get special fares for death or medical emergencies??