Usairway's Sales Of 737 To Fed-ex Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RATBOY

Mar 13, 2004
I'LL make this SHORT & AS PAINLESS AS POSSIBLE. IT'S a DONE DEAL!!!!!.
THEY PAID CASH, and they want the the planes NOW.
IF you believe nothing else the rest of the day,believe this IT'S DONE.
(SORRY DAVE & MR.BONNER, IF I LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG)
The source is from the top,(FED-EX)(AND I REALLY CAN'T GET INTO DETAILS) and all the information that was given SO FAR has come true.
The ONLY thing left is the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT from USAIRWAYS, and then the first (50) 737 will IMMEDIATELY GO TO FED EX
THE REMAINING (35) 737 WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY.
One last thing for those of us who truly loved being in the AVIATION field'and take much pride in what we do,then you know what I MEAN when i SAY this is a blessing in disguise.IT'S BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF PURE HELL, working with these CORPORATE RAIDERS,WHO CALL THEMSELF'S SAVIOURS.
(THEIR NOTHING SHORT OF A CANCER, SPEADING IN OUR FIELD)
My own end is near ,and now I know WHAT the the REAL PLAN -B is.Only now do I see DAVE'S BIG PICTURE!. WE WERE CALLED NECESSARY EVIL by the NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM,BUT AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT (SOON), WE'LL ALL SOON KNOW WHO ARE THE REAL EVIL ONE'S.

Ratboy,

I know you are correct.

U, our airline, as we know it, will change. This mangement is getting ready to sell off to a LCC. Look around you folks. It 's real. You can either give it to them in a "silver platter" and hope the new carrier takes all the employees, with all of us at much much lower wages and benefit to "fit that glove", or you can fight to maintain our dignity and our professions for the rest of the Industry. ALPA MEC has already sold their souls to the devil himself.

If the IAM doesn't win the outsource grieveance, they are doomed here as a career. Managment has already begun the "show down".

You have guts, my friend. Thanks for giving us all a "heads up".

I am here for the count....I'm taking their reputations down with me.

Well, now that is good news indeed!!!! Now that we have rid ourselves of all the 737's that free's up alot of hangar space. NOW we have the facilities to do the Airbus "S" checks!!!! :up:

What is going to be the companys arguement now, or is this the painful clause "someone" talks about in our contract?

Does this mean we won't be flying any more 737's on Mainline anymore??? I was told recently that all monitors would be taken out of 737's as they were too expensive to repair and maintain. But if they are going to Fed Ex, I doubt they would need the monitors for anything. Boy, oh, boy, i missed the DC-9's, MD-80's, 727's, and even the Fokkers. Guess I'll be missing the 737s too. :(

You guys are all missing the point, you cannot sell something you do not own. As for removing the video systems, since the B737 is no longer flown out west or to the Carribean, why have them? To make F/A briefings more convenient does not outwiegh the cost of maintenance on the systems. Removing them is logical cost savings step.

lets not forget about the airbus still left in the desert do to these rats running the airline into the cemetery. may be then we get the planes back and stay at 279 or may be merged into another carrier

Don't believe this until it's announced. This smells like another chat room rumor. However, if US could rid itself of its 737s without them going to another passenger airline and take on some A319s/A320s (assuming the latter happens!), this is a great business transaction in my opinion. Eliminating another fleet type (and an old fleet type at that) is sorely needed.

Like i said, boys.... my quote on goldman sachs forum......US is setting up a merge with UNITED These corporate people get what they want, no matter how much we #### or complain..(sorry moderator) as far as the 279 acft some are talking about previously... you really think that matters?? these guys have all the lawyers working on every angle, we are so immersed in guidelines set forth by atsb,ge,bronner,et al...279 means NOTHING. Contracts?? they dont need no stinking contract, man.. looks like end is closer than we all thought for Us AMTs...GOOD DAY MORE LATER

Also, USFlyer, of course they want more airbus's.... ARBITRATION, we lose....we dont work on them!!! Dont forget, PIT is 737 O/H, Cs, US did not renew leases at PIT, on month to month for facilities. Is the picture starting to become clear to all???? This isn't rocket science, guys. GOOD DAY....MORE LATER

Let me clarify, then. From a passenger and efficiency standpoint, what I stated would be great. From a maintenance standpoint, you may perhaps be correct. Regardless, US is totally being setup to be bought. Anyone who doesn't see this needs to take the blinders off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts