Vail Is Back!

Non Rev

Senior
Dec 20, 2002
US AIRWAYS TO RETURN TO VAIL/EAGLE FOR THIRD
WINTER SEASON
ARLINGTON, Va., July 25, 2005 -- US Airways will resume its seasonal nonstop roundtrip Saturday service to the popular ski destination of Vail/Eagle, Colo., from both Charlotte, N.C., and Philadelphia this winter season.

Cool..........how about some Salt Lake, Gunnison, and Hayden service too.
Maybe the NEW US Airways (america west marketing) will feature some additional ski season service.

Non Rev said:
US AIRWAYS TO RETURN TO VAIL/EAGLE FOR THIRD
WINTER SEASON
ARLINGTON, Va., July 25, 2005 -- US Airways will resume its seasonal nonstop roundtrip Saturday service to the popular ski destination of Vail/Eagle, Colo., from both Charlotte, N.C., and Philadelphia this winter season.
Maybe the NEW US Airways (america west marketing) will feature some additional ski season service.
[post="283884"][/post]​

Don't worry, Al Crellin will order more kiosks right away to service the expected crowds in EGE. When the 757s cancel due to PHL ATC, the skiiers will be impressed with the rerouting options offered to them by these wonder machines. :rolleyes:

I had a family of 4 in the BSO last winter...we lost their skis transiting PHL to EGE going and coming back. They were livid! The family paid nearly $2800 for four tickets only to have no skis in Vail for three days! They (rightfully) were irate and told me flat out USAir: never again.

:lol:

Yeah, they'll dump it on whatever contract company that is dumb enough to take the contract. Who gives a ****.
Way to go Al.

Non Rev said:
[post="283884"][/post]​

If the local cities want to create pretty incentive packages for US Airways, then they'll fly there. The PHL-EGE and CLT-EGE flights are heavily subsidize. They do well, but US Airways is guaranteed to at least break even.

Vail/Eagle is a very wealthy town, and the local ski resorts and government have done a great job of promising revenue to airlines. In most cases, the airlines make a profit, because EGE is a high-yielding market, but the fact remains that the majority of flights to EGE are so heavily subsidized that there is little risk.

What other small mountain town can claim mainline service on all six legacy carriers and such an extensive non-stop route network?

Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York-LaGuardia, Newark, Philadelphia, Salt Lake City

hharotz said:
I had a family of 4 in the BSO last winter...we lost their skis transiting PHL to EGE going and coming back. They were livid! The family paid nearly $2800 for four tickets only to have no skis in Vail for three days! They (rightfully) were irate and told me flat out USAir: never again.
[post="283892"][/post]​

They have probably already booked their tickets.........

Schatzee said:
They have probably already booked their tickets.........
[post="284247"][/post]​

Honestly I don't think so...if it would have been $49 specials, then maybe because that crowd will continue to fly whoever is cheapest...if these people have a choice and everyone's Y/B/M fares are pretty much the same then why on earth would they fly US Airways again? Markets like EGE/ASE/etc. are very different than a market like MCO/FLL/LAS.

hharotz said:
Honestly I don't think so...if it would have been $49 specials, then maybe because that crowd will continue to fly whoever is cheapest...if these people have a choice and everyone's Y/B/M fares are pretty much the same then why on earth would they fly US Airways again? Markets like EGE/ASE/etc. are very different than a market like MCO/FLL/LAS.
[post="284248"][/post]​

upgrades, mileage credit, would not be able to handle clean aircraft as this is not what they are used to with US, and the list goes on......

Seriously, everyone gets mad and I sincerely do hope they might take another chance with US but the bottom line is price anymore. If the price is right, they will come.

Latest posts

Back