Vote reversal.

AP Tech

Veteran
Sep 4, 2002
I just hope everyone enjoys the next 6 plus years of this so called contract. Its a shame with just one vote we gave up almost everything people have negotiated over the past 30 years. If past results are any indication the hammer will start to fall in the next few days as the plan starts to take effect.

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely luck to have this job and I still make good money, and I will still give the company 100% with my work ethic. All the people who have been saying that we are now one big happy family will start to see the family comming apart as the changes begin.

We should start hearing about the bonuses that managment get for selling the contract shortly! Good luck to those who remain, and ENJOY!!

Are there any statisticians in the house?
I''m just curious as to the odds of this vote, and those taken during our last contract negotiations, both taking exact reversals. When the IAM membership voted down the first proposal of our last contract, they did so 75% no, 25% yes. After things were rearranged a little, the vote supposedly went in exactly the oppisite direction, with 75% yes, 25% no. Just what are the odds after yet another harsh battle, that we find ourselves with a mirror image outcome? ie: first vote 57% no, 43% yes - second vote 57% yes, 43% no.
Now don''t get me wrong, I''m not saying there were any improprieties at hand, I''m just wondering if maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today, as the numbers seem to be written in the stars! (Of course if the IAM did get generous with the tally, I''m sure it was only because they were watching out for us confused fools!)
Quick note... I noticed on one of the other topics this morning, the yes voters are still saying all of us no voters should pack our bags, and jump ship. Made me wonder, have you guys filled out those AMFA cards you promised us yet??

Quick note... I noticed on one of the other topics this morning, the yes voters are still saying all of us no voters should pack our bags, and jump ship. Made me wonder, have you guys filled out those AMFA cards you promised us yet??

Speaking for myself as a yes voter, I never asked no voters to quit.

Yes to your question; many including myself that voted yes signed the AMFA cards, MANY. Everyone knows the blundering self servicing IAM needs to be replaced, their leadership is beyond lacking. There had been associate members of AMFA in the IAM ranks that found help not from the IAM but from AMFA, which speaks volumes.

Yes to your question; many including myself that voted yes signed the AMFA cards, MANY.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's obvious MANY is not a large enough number, since at last count the number of cards only totaled about a quarter of the membership. I do thank you for yours, and for not telling me to quit. Perhaps if we all put as much effort into bringing AMFA onboard, as we have in posting messages here, we can get this done after all.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 10:40:00 AM A&P Tech wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I am extremely luck to have this job and I still make good money, and I will still give the company 100% with my work ethic.

----------------

I think it says alot about your character, even though the vote didn't go your way, you are willing to give 100%.Your work ethic is something you should be proud of, I for one admire you for it.

On 9/18/2002 10:19:16 AM Imamec,itsmyfault wrote:

It's obvious MANY is not a large enough number, since at last count the number of cards only totaled about a quarter of the membership. I do thank you for yours, and for not telling me to quit. Perhaps if we all put as much effort into bringing AMFA onboard, as we have in posting messages here, we can get this done after all.

Everyone who has signed an AMFA card should get three others to sign. Networking among the rank and file is what is going to bring about a change. The momentum needs to continue so we have someone to REALLY represent us during the next crisis. We've already seen what the IAM can do and it isn't pretty.

Jet Mechanic

Well I cannot speak for other stations but here in Pit the AMFA drive is full steam ahead. Hopefully we will have somebody that wants to represent us the next contract and not just lay their and play dead. Unfortunately the only raise we will see over the next several years is when we would boot the IAM. Now the IAM proudly can say U has the industry lagging contract!

CWA Vote Result:

Votes Cast: 5358
Votes Yes: 4017
Votes No: 1341

Chip