Vote!

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
There will be a representational election at UAL.

Did AMFA inflate the eligibility list for those capable of voting in this election? NO!

Did AMFA spread lies and deceit to the members to thwart an election? NO!

Democracy is at work here. They are not afraid of it.

AMFA is exactly what they said they are. A CRAFT union for one of the most skilled of occupations... the AMT.

Some disgruntled AMTs want to return to the unelected/undemocratic ways of unionism so they can find/return to a cushy paid position with no accountability.

Look at AMFA's record. But look at it with open, clear eyes. Not selective vision. AMFA did not create the massive outsorcing, the IAM did. AMFA came in and is doing the best to stem the tide of this evil. Where were the Teamsters then? They try and claim AMFA is at fault and they will save the UAL AMTs. Maybe, maybe not.

But you have a choice before you which will affect the rest of the industry. ALL UAL AMTs eligible to vote MOST do so. Vote for AMFA which has a record of standing up against impossible odds and doing what is necessary to protect the AMT craft & profession or vote for the Teamsters. Either way, vote! For if not enough people vote and AMFA is decertified then the losers will be ALL AMTs industry wide and UAL management will win the final battle. Don't let that happen.

VOTE! VOTE AMFA!

There will be a representational election at UAL.

Did AMFA inflate the eligibility list for those capable of voting in this election? NO!

Did AMFA spread lies and deceit to the members to thwart an election? NO!

Democracy is at work here. They are not afraid of it.

AMFA is exactly what they said they are. A CRAFT union for one of the most skilled of occupations... the AMT.

Some disgruntled AMTs want to return to the unelected/undemocratic ways of unionism so they can find/return to a cushy paid position with no accountability.

Look at AMFA's record. But look at it with open, clear eyes. Not selective vision. AMFA did not create the massive outsorcing, the IAM did. AMFA came in and is doing the best to stem the tide of this evil. Where were the Teamsters then? They try and claim AMFA is at fault and they will save the UAL AMTs. Maybe, maybe not.

But you have a choice before you which will affect the rest of the industry. ALL UAL AMTs eligible to vote MOST do so. Vote for AMFA which has a record of standing up against impossible odds and doing what is necessary to protect the AMT craft & profession or vote for the Teamsters. Either way, vote! For if not enough people vote and AMFA is decertified then the losers will be ALL AMTs industry wide and UAL management will win the final battle. Don't let that happen.

VOTE! VOTE AMFA!

I agree. The AMFA vision is still valid, mechanics fighting to restore their profession. The IBT is just looking for dues payers. AMFA needs to regroup and continue their efforts to unite the profession.

Ken, Bob;

For what it is worth, I agree with you both. The ‘intelligent’ choice would be to vote in AMFA and join in the fight to save our jobs, but I am disheartened as I believe our ‘membership’ is no better and/or smarter than yours

The reamsters have promised a pension that they can not provide data on and most of the people that I have interaction with believe it, regardless of the lack of information, lies and deception.

The UAL M&R deserve the reamsters or decertification. JMHO, they do not deserve AMFA.

If one of these clowns complain here (and other forums :p ) in the future, I will most certainly remind them of their foolish decision.

We will know in 21 days.

Take Care,
B) UT

Latest posts