Another YES vote needed. This time to dump the TWU

I can't see how a new union could ever b installed over the TWU. Between TWU, AMP, Teamsters, AMFA, the no union faction and apathy all pulling to get 50% +1 there are too many ways to go. And they are like politicians......its all a money grab for dues. the old saying follow the money has never been truer!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I can't see how a new union could ever b installed over the TWU. Between TWU, AMP, Teamsters, AMFA, the no union faction and apathy all pulling to get 50% +1 there are too many ways to go. And they are like politicians......its all a money grab for dues. the old saying follow the money has never been truer!!!
I'm an AMFA supporter but I agree neither will get the cards required for a vote. Sad to say but I believe it to be true

I'm an AMFA supporter but I agree neither will get the cards required for a vote. Sad to say but I believe it to be true

I'm an IBT supporter but I agree with the overall premise of your statement. There is way too much apathy at TULE for either group to likely get enough cards for an election. Most of the yes voters will stay with the TWU and are afraid of change or to take a chance on improving our "past" profession which has now been turned into a job.
Hope I'm wrong.

Finally a realist on here, the TWU will never be replaced especially by an organization with no money to run a campaign like AMFA, I doubt even the all powerful 600lb Teamster Gorilla will be able to remove them with the way AA Mechanics are divided on Everything.

Y'all talk like TULE is still gonna be the majority voters in the future..!!!

You just don't get that laid off people count towards the 50%+1 of needed signed cards for 10 years do you ??
How are you planning on getting cards from the several thousand that will be laid off & no longer at AA ?? How do you plan to get the 1,776 people who couldn't take one minute out of their life to vote on an incredibly important vote to sign a card ??

Are you starting to see the problem ?? or are those rose colored glasses clouding your vision.

You just don't get that laid off people count towards the 50%+1 of needed signed cards for 10 years do you ??
How are you planning on getting cards from the several thousand that will be laid off & no longer at AA ?? How do you plan to get the 1,776 people who couldn't take one minute out of their life to vote on an incredibly important vote to sign a card ??

Are you starting to see the problem ?? or are those rose colored glasses clouding your vision.
It all depends on how many people at TULE get really angry with the twu when they discover how badly they got the shaft with this contract.

Reactions: 3 people
It all depends on how many people at TULE get really angry with the twu when they discover how badly they got the shaft with this contract.

Anger will not fix the fact that their is a lot of division to many choices & thousands will be gone in the next 6 months all this makes replacing the TWU just short of a miracle, it's like a perfect storm for keeping the TWU in power.
If the Mechanics could all just agree on the Teamsters & sign a card then it would happen but that's not going to happen.

Sorry but recall rights looked like it was changed to 5 yrs.

Sorry but recall rights looked like it was changed to 5 yrs.

Wrong it's 10 years did you actually read the new contract ?
so basically in 10 years after the recall rights expire the line might have a chance to get enough cards to get AMFA in but 10 years is a long time.

These fools are like battered wives they will keep going back to the abuser, sorry it's sad but true

Wrong it's 10 years did you actually read the new contract ?
so basically in 10 years after the recall rights expire the line might have a chance to get enough cards to get AMFA in but 10 years is a long time.

No, didn't need to read anything after seeing the elimination of job protection.

DN, at 75/25 it will b a very long time before "get really angry" happens. I can't c it soon :(