Wannabees

Dog Wonder

Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
Unknown
For too long this board has allowed people who would never 'stoop' to working for a living to rant about how much those who do earn for it.

Get a job Piney Bob, Mweiss, and A320 pilot before you decide what people who make this airline run are worth.

Sitting at a desk, or in a classroom, or in a cockpit, if that is what you really do, is no substitute for paying your dues in a cargo bin, or at a gate, or on a phone getting passengers on a plane so the customer gets where they paid to go.

It is so tiresome listening to the 'experts' telling the people who make this airline run feed their egos by telling the people who do, how it should be done.

If any of you talked your nonsense on the ramp you would find your self where you have earned the right to be.

Lets go for a beer PineyBob, Mweiss, A320 Pilot. You need a rude awakening

Football teams need Quarterbacks as much as they need lineman sport...

Cannot win without either.

So take it down a notch and remember we all payed dues in one form or another, You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else on here, but so are we.

Ex construction worker, ex dishwasher, ex warehouse stocker, ex fry cook, ex waiter, ex farm hand, ex burger flipper, ex US Marine...

equals = current pilot.

Ex construction worker, ex dishwasher, ex warehouse stocker, ex fry cook, ex waiter, ex farm hand, ex burger flipper, ex US Marine...

equals = current pilot.

Toss in a decade of flight jobs, and 8 years here at US.

My point is that we all have our crosses to bear, do not dismiss someones opinion just because they have walked a different path than your own.

No, it is mine alone, but before you dismiss those in the cockpit remember that my past resembles almost everyone else I fly with's as well.

I am not about to get into a debate over merits of your role over mine, like I said, a football team needs various types of players with different skills to win, so does an airline.

and it takes all types to make a discussion board too...

You and I both, so relax and enjoy your weekend.

It is not a debate about who does more. It is about passing judgment on what a job is worth without ever doing it.

You enjoy your weekend too

I saw a dead-heading pilot set at a gate and watch gate agents’ deal with ATC delays and weather problems and 500 angry passengers for 7 straight hours. After all the cancellations and rerouting he walked over ask how we do it. We told him we do it 5 or 6 days a week from June until September and then winter rolls in. He looked at my co-worker and said, “I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't have your job for my pay..."

deltawatch said:
I saw a dead-heading pilot set at a gate and watch gate agents’ deal with ATC delays and weather problems and 500 angry passengers for 7 straight hours. After all the cancellations and rerouting he walked over ask how we do it. We told him we do it 5 or 6 days a week from June until September and then winter rolls in. He looked at my co-worker and said, “I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't have your job for my pay..."
[post="168675"][/post]​

I wouldn't have a gate agent's job for a CEO's pay. They earn every dime they make and then some. I guess their reward will be in heaven. ;)

I do the gate agent's job at MY business (angry customers, wanting something for nothing) and I have had NO paycheck for two weeks...just a "rich business owner" who has to pay everone else and I get what is left over. Don't get holier than thou on here.

When I first got hired I trained with a guy who started in 1947. This was in 1992.
He said to me something that is the most truthful statement I've ever heard about
the airlines. " Everyone will tell you the place s--ks, but no-one ever leaves."

Dog Wonder said:
For too long this board has allowed people who would never 'stoop' to working for a living to rant about how much those who do earn for it.

Get a job Piney Bob, Mweiss, and A320 pilot before you decide what people who make this airline run are worth.

Sitting at a desk, or in a classroom, or in a cockpit, if that is what you really do, is no substitute for paying your dues in a cargo bin, or at a gate, or on a phone getting passengers on a plane so the customer gets where they paid to go.

It is so tiresome listening to the 'experts' telling the people who make this airline run feed their egos by telling the people who do, how it should be done.

If any of you talked your nonsense on the ramp you would find your self where you have earned the right to be.

Lets go for a beer PineyBob, Mweiss, A320 Pilot. You need a rude awakening
[post="168639"][/post]​
lol

Dog Wonder said:
I've got one, thank you, and it's not in a classroom. Today's the last day you get to pick on me and have the satisfaction of knowing I'm reading. ;)

I've done the manual labor already, thank you very much. And what on earth makes you think that the person in the cockpit is going to know less about how the airline works than the person in the cargo bin??? :huh:

Well, then we have mutual feelings here. It's tiresome listening to the "experts" on the ramp or in the hangar telling the rest of us that it's all being done wrong, but that they're not paid to figure out how to do it right so it's not their problem to offer suggestions. :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, you must not have ever read what I wrote. I never made a judgement call as to what you should get paid. The closest I've ever come is describing the market forces that suggest that it will be extremely difficult for you to continue to get paid what you have in the past. That's not a judgement call, any more than discussing the laws of physics is a judgement call.

But you know what? What you get paid ultimately doesn't affect me. I get to fly regardless. I lose zero frequent flyer miles if US ceases operations tomorrow. I lose no status. And I'm returning to the west coast, where most people's recollection of USAir (that's what they still call it) is as the airline that killed that lovely PSA, and you mean to tell me they're still in business. So I won't even have to rearrange any future travel plans, regardless of the outcome.

Rico said:
Toss in a decade of flight jobs, and 8 years here at US.

[post="168648"][/post]​
You only have 8 years and you still have a job at Usairways?? I'm shocked, but that hardly counts for paying your dues at this carrier.