Rude Customer Service

Not sure of your Id-90 or ZED ticketing procedures at US but at AA I think we have a pretty good system. We have a number that we call that is dedicated to employees for pass travel. The agent at the other end knows what we get on other carriers. The employee gives all the required information which the agent enters into the computer. After entering all the information the agent gives you the cost and a record locater (a set of letters). You take that record locater to an AA ticket counter where all the agent has to do is enter that locater which generates the tickets then you pay the required amount. It is very easy for the employee and the agent. It might be something that US and it's employees should look at.

Hey if you come to my station :blink: and want zed's or id90's i usually will tell you give me a few minutes to finish with the other revenue paxs and when i get a minute I will do all the ones you need ,, it takes arnd 5 minutes to do one,, and thats right we need to be more aware of helping each other since this is all we have ..... B)

That works great for stations where the line for help is only a few people long, and there are breaks where no paying pax are waiting.

If an agent in a busy station said "give me a few minutes to finish with the other revenue paxs" one might wait hours. Because there are ALWAYS more paying pax getting on line, and there is no respite. And that's the point. If the Employee Ticketing is closed, then it is likely a violation of labor contracts to NOT help an employee who has quietly and patiently waited their turn.

The hubs should have Employee lines to do non rev ticketing and they should be open most of the day and manned at all times they are supposed to be open. This way the employees based there know what times they need to be there to get their tickets done. Of course if its a last minute deal for today early am tomorrow and the line is closed, then they should be handled in the regular line, but if there is a dedicated line with specific hours of operations, then someone planning a multileg nonrev trip shouldnt hold up the regular line to have their tickets done.
On the other hand, in cities where there isnt a need to have a dedicated line, if an employee has waited in line, then they deserve to be helped. If you are in the middle of a reroute and the line is out the door, you could ask them how involved its going to be and if its a simple ticket, do it and be done with it. Or if its going to be an involved intl multi ticket deal, ask them to give you the info and come back later to get it done. The agent can set it up for them and have it waiting to be ticketed when they come back and the agent can continue working the line.
I try to help any nonrev regardless of what the line looks like, but we do have a few coworkers who also need to respect the customers when they are needing tickets. We have one F/A in particular who loves to butt the line (she even jumped the FC line the other day) to get her ticket issued (not my problem you're late and the WN plane is leaving in 30 mins). Then she got attitude with us when we told her no, that she needed to get in the regular ticketing line, not the FC line. She has been advised not to do this, yet continues to skip the customers to get help because she is always late.
Also, if you're a commuter, buy more than one ticket at a time. If you know you use 2 or 3 tickets a month, get some extras done at one time.

I can't think of any other serviced based industry where employees are treated like 2nd class by their peers. If a McDonald's employee stops by for lunch they are not told to wait until everyone else is served or come back around 2:30! In fact they are usually hooked up with extra fries!! We should treat each other like friends not foes.

Latest posts

Back