Is PHL Inflight Management out of their minds?

I can't wait until they try cracking down on folks that are out of compliance with their uniforms next month. May starts the compliance checks of sorts. THAT ought to go over well. Your hot and steaming on a dirty,smelly airplane delayed by a good two hours only to have a supervisor come down and check your appearance. I know they are only looking for those that are obviously not wearing the uniform or altering it to show their coochie BUT. I would NOT wanna be the one to do it. People are ticked off and the last thing they are thinking about is the stinky old uniform that you have to BEG to get a new piece. And when you DO get a new piece you wouldn't use it to clean your house with. I could NEVER do a supervisors job. No thanks not enough dough.

My new supervisor is pretty fair, but I cannot help but see the "defeated" look in their eyes. Sad, really.

It was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. They have NO CLUE to what is going on. They have a bunch of people there that have no ability to think for themselves.
this is the reason the only one on this inflight staff that can hold a block is the base mgr. the others are jr. rsv's that want to make 100+00 hrs...but hey they are livin the dream...it ant a dream it's a freeakin nightmear!!! wake up and smell the jet fumes...

WOW, only Angela can hold a line in PHL all year. Good info. Interesting to say the least but she no longer holds a senority #. Neither do Andrew or Sue. They gave it up so moot point.

So let me see if I have this straight: The Inflight Sup's can *NEVER* come back on the line? They resigned their seniority? What about the Admin Reps in the office? Seems like quite a sacrifice, but, to each his own....

:eek:

b. Notwithstanding the above, such flight attendants who are 35 removed for Company business for a cumulative period of ninety (90) days 36 and whose duties include the performance of supervisory or managerial 37 duties involving the disciplining of flight attendants and/or accessing flight 38 attendant personnel files, will be deemed to have transferred as provided in 39 Paragraph G.1. above as of the date he/she began performing supervisory or 40 managerial duties as described in this subsection.

So let me see if I have this straight: The Inflight Sup's can *NEVER* come back on the line? They resigned their seniority? What about the Admin Reps in the office? Seems like quite a sacrifice, but, to each his own....

:eek:

My understanding is that their seniority for competetive bidding and pay purposes will cease to accrue after 3 months or 90 days off-line. I believe that they can go back on-line if they choose too, at any time, as long as they are current with training. Not sure how this applies to Admin. Reps, but I would ask your Base Mgr.

My understanding is that their seniority for competetive bidding and pay purposes will cease to accrue after 3 months or 90 days off-line. I believe that they can go back on-line if they choose too, at any time, as long as they are current with training. Not sure how this applies to Admin. Reps, but I would ask your Base Mgr.

Considering the stipulations for becoming a supervisor, I'd sure think about it for a while. The thing that I wouldn't like is the fact that the company is so fluid. You have pretty much given up your protection if they decide to ax a few supervisors and downsize or rightsize. No thanks. I think a few that I know personally are VERY fair and sincere. In the end though they have a job to protect and DO have to answer to the company. It's a tough spot to be in.

Latest posts