Rude Customer Service

gabby

Senior
Jul 24, 2006
Why is it that people that work at the ticket counter are so rude? Why take a customer service job if you hate dealing with people.

Yesterday i was going to buy an ID90 ticket for my spouse and after waiting 30min in line the ticket lady said she didn't have time for this.
WTF? Isn't that your job? You don't have time for your job? Or you just don't know how to do your job properly?

When i fly the airplane i do whatever i can to get non-revs on board. And if that means taking a delay then so be it. We have to help eachother not make life even more difficult.

So anyway i had to go to a supervisor who printed the ticket. Took over an hour to get an ID90. If you hate dealing with people or having to go to work and can't do a professional job then don't do it.

You can hate your job all you want, #### about it here, scream about it at home but don't puke it up on your customers or fellow employees.

gabby:
I do agree with what you post here(as the ole saying goes we only have each other) I do not know what happened or what kind of day the c/s agent was having but there is so much stress on these agents you would not believe. In my station MANY agents are out on mental health issues. The other day the company even brought in mental health people for c/s agents to talk to.
Again not making excuses as I wasn't there. Just a possiblity. Maybe someone who works c/s can comment better on this.

Why is it that people that work at the ticket counter are so rude? Why take a customer service job if you hate dealing with people.
Yesterday i was going to buy an ID90 ticket for my spouse and after waiting 30min in line the ticket lady said she didn't have time for this.
WTF? Isn't that your job? You don't have time for your job? Or you just don't know how to do your job properly?

sky high states: Apparently, the agent didnt realize you took a part of your day to DRIVE TO THE AIRPORT, PARK YOUR CAR, WALK INTO THE TERMINAL AND WAIT IN LINE, like everyone else.

sad.. :down: that's why I dont non-rev anymore. Too many hassles!

only stating opinions

I do not know what happened or what kind of day the c/s agent was having but there is so much stress on these agents you would not believe.

sky high states: How stressful is it to HELP OUT a fellow employee? What was the interaction TIME? Like, 3 minutes?

only stating opinions

sky high states: Apparently, the agent didnt realize you took a part of your day to DRIVE TO THE AIRPORT, PARK YOUR CAR, WALK INTO THE TERMINAL AND WAIT IN LINE, like everyone else.

sad.. :down: that's why I dont non-rev anymore. Too many hassles!
only stating opinions
sky high states: How stressful is it to HELP OUT a fellow employee? What was the interaction TIME? Like, 3 minutes?
only stating opinions

To me it would probably be a relief. But stress will make you react in ways you shouldn't.

Gabby:
Just received an email from a friend who is c/s here in CLT:
"The employees have been ADVISED" we are not to do employee ticketing at ATO or SPECIAL SERVICES. We have ETO behind ticket counter. Or they are to utilize the hub. This is per PHX. Unless it is emergency PHX feels it is not to be done. They do not issue non revs tkts in PHX. Thanks this just strikes a nerve with me'"

ID90....isn't that what we purchase to fly on other airlines?

If I'm in PHX and don't have access to a computer to list and print a boarding pass how do I non rev if they won't print a tkt for me?

I Hear What You're Saying...I Was In CLT Last Month And Wanted To Buy A Ticket On Airtran To Go Home..I Waited In Line Like Everybody Else and It GOt TO Be My Turn. I Asked The Ticket Agent If I Could Get a Ticket On Airtran This Was Her Response "We're Not Helping Non-Revs, We Have Paying Pax's To Help" I'm Sorry I Said But the Employee Desk Is Closed What am I supposed to do? She Than Asked Her Fellow Agent And He Said The Same Thing! :down: I Said Thanks For Your Help!! I Went Over To Airtran And Asked The Agent there If I Could Buy A Ticket My Fellow Employee Was Too Busy To Help.. So What Did She Do? Gave Me A FREE Ticket!! Now That's Giving a Helping Hand! :up:
I Feel Your Pain Man!

I Hear What You're Saying...I Was In CLT Last Month And Wanted To Buy A Ticket On Airtran To Go Home..I Waited In Line Like Everybody Else and It GOt TO Be My Turn. I Asked The Ticket Agent If I Could Get a Ticket On Airtran This Was Her Response "We're Not Helping Non-Revs, We Have Paying Pax's To Help" I'm Sorry I Said But the Employee Desk Is Closed What am I supposed to do? She Than Asked Her Fellow Agent And He Said The Same Thing! :down: I Said Thanks For Your Help!! I Went Over To Airtran And Asked The Agent there If I Could Buy A Ticket My Fellow Employee Was Too Busy To Help.. So What Did She Do? Gave Me A FREE Ticket!! Now That's Giving a Helping Hand! :up:
I Feel Your Pain Man!

I agree there is no need to be rude...but the company has told all cust serv NOt to issue non rev tkts...gabby stated it took a supervisor 1 hour to issue this tkt...it all comes back to this crap res system

Supervisors are watching agts and this agt might have gotten written for taking an hour to do a non rev tkt when there are paying pax in line(thats their words not mine)I personlly feel we should help fellows employees but we as agts are getting such pressure from CSS and they are in turn getting pressure from Managers to follow ordes from Tempe

When I am working at the ticket counter and I get stressed out it is always a priviledge and honour and a breath of fresh air to help a fellow employee.
Cause an ID90 takes me no time to do..it is easy.
I am betting those employees do not know how to issue an ID90 that is now so easy to do.

Press a button and presto.

Just to clear up a bit of misinformation.
The company only advise employees to utilize the HUB to do companion/guest passes and there is "good" reason for this.
ID90 and ZED tickets cannot be done on the HUB since these tickets have to be paper tickets and it has to be done at an airport. It is now a tricky process but once you get the hang of it its easier than sabre.

gabby stated it took a supervisor 1 hour to issue this tkt

That's not what Gabby said. Gabby said it took an hour to get the ticket. However, he said that most of the time was spent waiting in line to talk with an agent who then refused to help him. I gather from a couple of other posters that once you get someone to help you, issuing the ticket is no biggie.

Just three days ago I was with another f/a in PHL that needed to get a ticket on southwest. He went through security and down to B ticketing. The employee position was closed so he went and stood in the line at the regular ticket counter. After standing around behind the people he reached the counter finally. Well, the agent said that she couldn't take him while fare paying passengers were in line. Apparently 8 more people showed up behind him. She made him go to the back of the line only to tell him AGAIN that she needs to process paying passengers FIRST. Finally he said screw it. How in HELL am I to get served if you keep pushing me to the back of the line? I can see if he bumped his way to the front but he didn't. This isn't the first and only time this has happened to people either. I don't understand it. As mentioned in another post I'd say that 99.9% of flight crews will go out of their way to make sure all nonrevs get on and are "taken care of" when they do. It certainly is a shame. All with great experiences feel free to post but it's been a pretty chilly reception for many while nonreving. I understand the stress levels are high but it's a sword that cuts both ways

I agree there is no need to be rude...but the company has told all cust serv NOt to issue non rev tkts...gabby stated it took a supervisor 1 hour to issue this tkt...it all comes back to this crap res system

Supervisors are watching agts and this agt might have gotten written for taking an hour to do a non rev tkt when there are paying pax in line(thats their words not mine)I personlly feel we should help fellows employees but we as agts are getting such pressure from CSS and they are in turn getting pressure from Managers to follow ordes from Tempe
And What are We Supposed To Do When The Employee Desk is Closed? This Happened To Me BEFORE The Switch Over TO S@@tty Shares!

Just three days ago I was with another f/a in PHL that needed to get a ticket on southwest. He went through security and down to B ticketing. The employee position was closed so he went and stood in the line at the regular ticket counter. After standing around behind the people he reached the counter finally. Well, the agent said that she couldn't take him while fare paying passengers were in line. Apparently 8 more people showed up behind him. She made him go to the back of the line only to tell him AGAIN that she needs to process paying passengers FIRST. Finally he said screw it. How in HELL am I to get served if you keep pushing me to the back of the line? I can see if he bumped his way to the front but he didn't. This isn't the first and only time this has happened to people either. I don't understand it. As mentioned in another post I'd say that 99.9% of flight crews will go out of their way to make sure all nonrevs get on and are "taken care of" when they do. It certainly is a shame. All with great experiences feel free to post but it's been a pretty chilly reception for many while nonreving. I understand the stress levels are high but it's a sword that cuts both ways
Something similar happened to me recently in PHL. If the employee ticketing is closed, and you have waited in line, you absolutely have every right to be processed. Remember, this is one of our NEGOTIATED BENEFITS. There were maybe 10 people behind me in line and I was told "we are not helping employees now". I politely asked for a supervisor, and she called one. The supervisor arrived, I explained that I have done everything I am supposed to; even waited until a slower travel day to process this transaction. The agent was instructed to do it, and it took all of a minute and thirty seconds. She wasted more time arguing with me then it took to give me my passes.

Have respect, but be firm enough to cut thru the bullsh*t.

Latest posts

Back