We Are Becoming TWA

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Remember how most of us in the industry chastised employees at TWA for staying as long as they did knowing the end was always near? Well guess what?
AA IS BECOMING TWA, HEADED FOR ITS FIRST BANKRUPTCY AND WE ARE ALL BECOMING TWA EMPLOYEES UNLESS WE LEAVE AND LOOK FOR NEW CAREERS! As per Carty, Jetblue is taking over the industry with happy and perky employees and happy go lucky service. Maybe Jetblue can buy AA because it is obviously of grater value. Maybe JetBlue will give us 4 for 1 in seniority since they are so happy over there.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 7:23:49 AM Hopeful wrote:

Remember how most of us in the industry chastised employees at TWA for staying as long as they did knowing the end was always near? Well guess what?
AA IS BECOMING TWA, HEADED FOR ITS FIRST BANKRUPTCY AND WE ARE ALL BECOMING TWA EMPLOYEES UNLESS WE LEAVE AND LOOK FOR NEW CAREERS! As per Carty, Jetblue is taking over the industry with happy and perky employees and happy go lucky service. Maybe Jetblue can buy AA because it is obviously of grater value. Maybe JetBlue will give us 4 for 1 in seniority since they are so happy over there.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha hopeful,

We are extremely happy here. We are making tons of money in this economy. Our costs are $.063 and thats at close to $40 per barrel. Our goal is to get it to just $.06. Everyone is making good money with stock options and PROFIT sharing.

I took Mikes advice and fled the sinking ship call AA and decided to work for a airline that REALLY knows how to make money.

I cna talk or e-mail our CEO anytime I want. Every JBLU e-mail is answered with in 24 hours.

Im at the Airbus training Center here in MIA now. Its back to class for me.

ALOHA, JBLU007

Maybe the TWA-Union relationship was better than we have ever had at AA.

MCI got a big jump on the system when TWA took over from the start. The signs and letterheads say TWU, but the IAM is still firmly in control. Also for you AMFA supporters out there, you can forget about MCIE. They hate AMFA. The only time you see the letters AMFA, they have a circle around it with a slash through it. A couple years ago they told a couple of AA mechanics that were there on a field trip to either take off their AMFA shirts, or take their 757 out of the hanger. I don't know why, but they hate AMFA.
You are right about finding a new career. Anyone who is not already doing this has their head in the sand.