DOH. VS Original TWA Seniority

[BR]First, excaptain, please don't make the assumption that I was referring to you as brilliant. I was referring to your hypothesis. A stopped clock is still right twice a day. Don't flatter yourself.[BR][BR]Again, at the request of our moderator, try to focus on the topic. Thanks for answering my question though. However, you've answered the wrong question. Did the bold letters and highlighted text throw you off? Why have you ALL managed to evade the questions that MATTER? I'm not going to repeat it in every post I write. Haven't you grown weary of the redundancy? We wouldn't have to go round and round if one of you offered, for once, an intelligent, reasonable post. Instead I get suggestions on how to sign my posts, flying planes, caffeine diets and other nonsense. At this time I ask that you take up an O2 canister, attach the cannulus and please make an attempt to respond with something more than a clever suggestion.[BR][BR]ART, if you plan on posting a response, please save the prose for poetry.com

AAIRMAIL.....are you a flight attendant and where are you based. If you want reply to me in private.

What did the Flight Attendants and employees f Eastern...Braniff..Pan Am get
does anyone know.

How is LGA today LGAFLEET service..Kind of rought yesterday huh

[BR]Fleet, in response to your post, I feel compelled to mention that this will be one of my last posts concerning this topic. It's apparent that no matter how many questions I ask or how many times I ask them, they're not going to be answered. The debate is only a source for much aggravation on either side. No matter how deep the discussion, it will have no impact on the decision of the court. With this, I intend on retiring my boxing gloves... (Don't get offended, y'all, it's a joke)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 8:54:54 AM AAirMale wrote:

First, excaptain, please don't make the assumption that I was referring to you as brilliant. I was referring to your hypothesis. A stopped clock is still right twice a day. Don't flatter yourself.

Again, at the request of our moderator, try to focus on the topic. Thanks for answering my question though. However, you've answered the wrong question. Did the bold letters and highlighted text throw you off? Why have you ALL managed to evade the questions that MATTER? I'm not going to repeat it in every post I write. Haven't you grown weary of the redundancy? We wouldn't have to go round and round if one of you offered, for once, an intelligent, reasonable post. Instead I get suggestions on how to sign my posts, flying planes, caffeine diets and other nonsense. At this time I ask that you take up an O2 canister, attach the cannulus and please make an attempt to respond with something more than a clever suggestion.

ART, if you plan on posting a response, please save the prose for poetry.com
----------------
[/blockquote]
First, why not read the posts from ExTWACaptain and get a feel for how he posts before you blast him. I don't believe he was trying to be cute or clever. That is not his style. Here is a copy of the post I submitted not long ago that you may not have read.

""As long as you refer to employees as ReAAl AAers or TWAers the longer you fuel the hatred and bitterness. As a former TWAer and now a reAAl AAer, I hope that American Airlines will prosper sooner rather than later. I also hope many people will be called back to work as soon as possible. Why not try to get to know a few of your coworkers. I suspect you would like most of us as we are just like you trying to raise families and pay for mortgages and cars, etc. Yes there are complainers in every workforce and they would be there regardless and will be there regardless. I am grateful to have a job with American Airlines (as all who still have a job should be). I just don't buy the fact that I owe another employee because I have a job. In this industry right now no job is totally secure. I feel fortunate to have a job right now and feel bad for those out of work. If you are employed, feel fortunate. It is not because you are better than the ones furloughed. You are just fortunate.""

Just because you don't share the same view, does not mean a post is unintelligent or unreasonable.

Talked to a Southwest F/A a couple days ago who had left AA a few years ago after having been there for 5 years. Her friends and co-horts scoffed and laughed at her for leaving but she said she couldn't stand the atmosphere there and had a bad feeling about the place. I see what she means now. And most of all she said she likes wearing the tennis shoes at work now.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/5/2002 11:33:23 PM AAirMale wrote:

Or maybe even:

If you can't be brilliant, be brief! [/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

You should take note. Your incessant rambling is tired and not at all brilliant, just a reflection of your young age. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/6/2002 3:26:24 AM BillLumbergh wrote: [BR][BR]Going back a few posts.....Lets try to remain on topic and not deviate onto the topics of oxygen deprivation or caffene intake.[BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT color=#000000]Bill,[/FONT][BR][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT color=#000000]You are chastising the wrong poster.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]Captain Kramer’s posts are much more in keeping with the spirit and rules of this forum than those of some other posters who are allowed to flame bait, offend and insult others to their hearts content.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT color=#000000]Some days, the quality of the discussion here makes the old Yahoo! TWA Message Boards days seem scholarly and intellectual by comparison.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT color=#000000]Just my two cents which I am sure will be censored.[/FONT][/P]

hmmm...just looking over Article 1 - (Recognition and Merger/Acquisition Protection) of the APFA latest contract (page 3/ 1-1). TWA f/a's had the SAME sort of language in force when the AA acquisition took place. OF COURSE OUR UNIONS ARE IN COURT TO PROTECT US---AS APFA WOULD BE LEGALLY BOUND TO DO FOR YOU IN LIKE SITUATION// READ IT! Guys--READ IT--and just take a moment to realize that we are all truly equals!! To think that you are immune from the devestation that can happen wihin an airline career is absolutely ludicrous!!!! The darkness of denial will totally sneak up

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/6/2002 3:26:24 AM BillLumbergh wrote:

Going back a few posts.....Lets try to remain on topic and not deviate onto the topics of oxygen deprivation or caffene intake.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Why not Bill? Every other topic on this board deviates from original topic, usaully when wingnaprayer or Bob Owens wants to turn the debate to politics.

Or a few decide spelling and grammar are more important than discussion.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/10/2002 10:12:19 PM FA Mikey wrote:

The question is, if we signed that article away. Would be right to try to win it back in court? Anwser, NO!
----------------
[/blockquote]

You miss the point. No one is trying to win back the contract article. The contract article is not the issue; a fair seniority integration is. If AA is ever subject to a takeover by another airline, you can bet that airline will do the same thing AA did with our contract. And you can bet APFA will do the same thing the IAM is doing now. At least, I hope so.

MK

Mike--I would agree with you if the facts were that cut and dry. The contract language was changed, as I understand it, as part of a written agreement that fair f/a integration would be honored.

What I do not clearly understand is why it was necessary to waive the Allegheny/Mohawk language to get the acquisition approved. If anyone here knows the answer to this--I'd appreciate a response. Thanks!