Westie messages for Pitt Schedulers and Dispatch (all positive)

CactusPilot1

Veteran
Contributor
Feb 10, 2011
I was reading kudos to Pitt for a job well done on AWAPPA message boards. I agree based on my experience with Pitt. I'd like to share what I have read.

Some comments below:

Funny thing is that xxxxxx is the only "Westie." As a professional reserve, I must say that the PIT schedulers have been top-notch. If you have problem with xxxxxx, I suggest writing it up. Things have been running pretty smooth in reserve world, and if it appears that xxxxxx is getting in the way of that, the company will find another job for him (like VP of flight ops LOL).

I agree, xxxxxx is trouble. As for the rest, I find them to be generally helpful and polite people.

I agree and it actually seems like they are mostly better to deal with since the operation has been moved to PIT (except for xxxxxx's attitude).

East schedulers IMO are far, far superior than AWA schedulers. Ditto dispatch. Operationally, my life now at this airline is a dream compared with the characters we had at AWA scheduling and dispatch.

But VERY true - you MUST know your contract. And you must be prepared to be assertive about it.

Unlike the old West schedulers the East don't see pilots as the enemy. xxxxxx is still in that you will do what I want and like it mentality.

Since PIT took over, scheduling has only attempted misassign me once. I politely called them on it. They didn't argue with me, and instead researched it. They called me back 5 minutes later to apologize. Hey - we're all human, we can all make mistakes

So only one of the West schedulers followed the job East? Hope the company found jobs for the others somewhere. On second thought maybe they are better of if not.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
So only one of the West schedulers followed the job East? Hope the company found jobs for the others somewhere. On second thought maybe they are better of if not.

Jim

I'm not sure how many schedulers and dispatchers moved.

Westies are in agreement the move was a positive change. :)

Jim

At the time of the move to PIT they offered all of the West schedulers the opportunity to move, and to apply to other areas of the company....most went elsewhere. My old roomate was one of them and she happily went elsewhere and is making a much better living. As a west FA I to am impressed with our PIT schedulers as they are willing to admit when they are wrong or mis-assigned a trip out of order. Heck they even give ya a "hope you feel better" when ya call in sick unlike the ones who are in future in PHX who are still part of the "I get pleasure from making your life miserable" regime!

Well, I can understand not wanting to move to the PIT area (with apologies to the locals). I dreaded going to the bid closings in the colder months because it seemed that 9 out of 10 days would be gray skies in addition to the cold.

Jim

Currently there are only two westies left in the scheduloing department. One coordinator, which would be me, and one scheduler. I will say this that the attitude and enviroment is so much better than out in Phoenix. Only bad thing is that they placed the OCC here in Pittsburgh. It is a nice little city but would have prefered CLT or PHX for the soul reason of non rev opportunities. I fly Southwest more than my own airline.

I was reading kudos to Pitt for a job well done on AWAPPA message boards. I agree based on my experience with Pitt. I'd like to share what I have read.

Some comments below:

Funny thing is that xxxxxx is the only "Westie." As a professional reserve, I must say that the PIT schedulers have been top-notch. If you have problem with xxxxxx, I suggest writing it up. Things have been running pretty smooth in reserve world, and if it appears that xxxxxx is getting in the way of that, the company will find another job for him (like VP of flight ops LOL).

I agree, xxxxxx is trouble. As for the rest, I find them to be generally helpful and polite people.

I agree and it actually seems like they are mostly better to deal with since the operation has been moved to PIT (except for xxxxxx's attitude).

East schedulers IMO are far, far superior than AWA schedulers. Ditto dispatch. Operationally, my life now at this airline is a dream compared with the characters we had at AWA scheduling and dispatch.

But VERY true - you MUST know your contract. And you must be prepared to be assertive about it.

Unlike the old West schedulers the East don't see pilots as the enemy. xxxxxx is still in that you will do what I want and like it mentality.

Since PIT took over, scheduling has only attempted misassign me once. I politely called them on it. They didn't argue with me, and instead researched it. They called me back 5 minutes later to apologize. Hey - we're all human, we can all make mistakes

Thanks for posting CP. It's good to hear something positive for a change.

One interesting thing that came out of the safety survey was the positive opinion of dispatchers among our pilots. I wonder why the company didn't attack that finding?

Thanks for posting CP. It's good to hear something positive for a change.

One interesting thing that came out of the safety survey was the positive opinion of dispatchers among our pilots. I wonder why the company didn't attack that finding?

Thanks Pi, I give credit where it is due. I've given schedulers kudos over the phone. Pitt has been a bright spot in this screwed up mess.

I got your message on the other forum.

I see what you mean. ;)

Thanks Pi, I give credit where it is due. I've given schedulers kudos over the phone. Pitt has been a bright spot in this screwed up mess.

I got your message on the other forum.

I see what you mean. ;)

CP1,

Good post. We have been fortunate to have excellent schedulers and dispatchers for years. Hopefully we can maintain the good relationship with them.

Regards,

Bob

CP1,

Good post. We have been fortunate to have excellent schedulers and dispatchers for years. Hopefully we can maintain the good relationship with them.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks for the comment, Bob. I must admit I was not happy with the transfer. My main concern was the schedulers not knowing the Westie contract. They have been top-notch, if they make a mistake, they admit it, apologize and correct the error.

I think you will find that the Westies are polite to dispatchers and schedulers.

I agree, we need to keep the good relationship with them. :)