IAM paid the TWU about $21,000 a month

As a former IAM member, I can honestly say that you would have a hard time finding a lot of positive comments about them and their peformance. Other than those who are on the IAM payroll, you won't find too many other IAM lovers here. Yes, there are a select few, but they are a minority. Based on the first CBA they ran past the Fleet group, I knew they weren't after anthing more than our dues money.
As for the claimed "Payoffs" being made to the TWU, One woud think that there had to be some type of a deal struck between them and the IAM in order for them to just fold up and walk away like they did. Based on the sediment of MANY disgruntled IAM members, I along with many others felt the TWU had a very good shot at ousting the IAM from the Fleet group. :blink:
wings,
if 700 is right, then why is the payoff under 'gifts'? And more importantly, as far as we know, they are still paying off the TWU with $21,000 a month. If it were dues then it would be just for the first month or at most two. Even though the NMB supported the TWU and the workers by saying there was a representational dispute, the TWU walked away from 2,500 members. If 700 or Delldude
[ who thinks workers deserve what they got] want to continue to believe that the TWU were just 'nice fellas' and freely walked away from thousands of dollars then so be it.

regards,

If you remember when TWU and IAM announced the TWU was backing out, TWU was going to stick around and act as a "consultant for the IAM." That is what they are getting paid for. If I remember it was for two years.

Guys, let's cut to the chase

If the change of control arbitration is to be heard Sep 13-14 shouldn't this mean that there is a good chance of a last hour tentative agreement around this time.

Regards,
JR

Guys, let's cut to the chase

If the change of control arbitration is to be heard Sep 13-14 shouldn't this mean that there is a good chance of a last hour tentative agreement around this time.

Regards,
JR
FSA,
Sadly, you are probably correct. Management will continue to drag their feet to the last minute.

Personally, I would like to see the IAM take this back to the Arbiter.

Arbitrate this Grievance first, THEN negotiate from a position of STRENGTH, [for a change].

Everyone has seen what the company did to [most] of the employees in bankruptcy, [Inserted the knife and TWISTED it on the way out].

For some reason after 4 years reading threads I think Tim is onto something. Sorry thing is even as a 11 year employee I know nothing about unions. I have suspended dues to IAM until results occur. And many others at Phoenix AWA have also until we know facts. Is it possible that IAM and TWU paid each other off to represent AWA and merged US Airways. Is there anyone out there who has the ability to get us up to date. I would hope this is not another SCAM! America is filled with snake-oil plans. If our company can't see the results of their employees and reward them accordingly, how can IAM help move this forward. I believe we are in a quagmire and no group ( Bush or Chaney) has had a clear focus into the next decade. I, will not at this time believe in US Airways and neither, IAM until a true leader surfaces. We are all in it for ourselves. And best of luck to the airline industry. P.S. Thanks Tim for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully we have honest lawyers looking into the corruption of companies and unions.

Sadly, it's all a scam. Bottom line is dues revenue to pay the salaries of the Union Hot-Shots. I will never forget how the IAM had the
"Balls" to raise our montly dues after we took a $6 an hour cut in wages. One would have hoped for a reduction, not an increase. While the IAM "fought" for round after round of concessions, never once did they scale back the wages of their "Boys" to keep their costs inline with the suffering their membership endured. Instead, they continued to get raises while their members wages were going backwards to what they were 20 years ago. :angry:

Instead, they continued to get raises while their members wages were going backwards to what they were 20 years ago. :angry:

Don't forget it takes extremely high salaries to retain the kind of talent we have as our Union leaders/ negotiators. You won't get this kind of pay/benefit cuts with just any old Joe. It takes big bucks to support these guys in the fashion they've become accustomed to. I mean look at what all they do .......... really, just look.

FSA,
Sadly, you are probably correct. Management will continue to drag their feet to the last minute.

Arbitrate this Grievance first, THEN negotiate from a position of STRENGTH, [for a change].

Everyone has seen what the company did to [most] of the employees in bankruptcy, [Inserted the knife and TWISTED it on the way out].
Agree 100% lets rock. :up: :up: :up:

FSA,

i agree i have nothing to lose and $ to gain.
If you use just base wages and the 2k5 agreement mechanics would get approx. 2.50 an hour raise at least. If it goes retroactive to the merger date that is approx. 10k. (its been approx 2 yrs since the merger happened on paper)

Now if the iam negociates with the company before the arbitration is settled what might be the possibilites????

Will that $2.50 an hr (or part of) be negociated away for more jobs?????????

More mechanics, cleaners, stockclerks and the list goes on will not help the current rank and file put milk and bread on the table.
When the last bk contract was shoved down our throats gasoline was approx 1.50 a gal.
What will it be in 8/8/2008? if it is 4.50 a gal. how many will say "at least we got 50, 100, 500 more jobs on the property along with my 50 cent raise", "at least i got into the iampf".

TAKE CARE OF CURRENT MEMBERS NOW.

Latest posts